New Mitsubishi Triton

phutoie2

Just read that tomorrow is the world premiere launch of the new Triton in Thailand. After the Ranger/BT50/New Nissan truck I wonder what we can expect.

Disappointingly also mentioned was the new Hilux is now not due to 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2015. That will push the new Tuna back too.

Looks ideal for people with long legs and short torsos. For anyone normal it would be daft.

Who cares what the outside of a vehicle looks like anyway? I'm only interested in the safety/reliability, the comfort and the total cost of ownership.

That's a pic of a concept model, there are no pics of the actual new model yet AFAIK.

Looks ideal for people with long legs and short torsos. For anyone normal it would be daft.

Who cares what the outside of a vehicle looks like anyway? I'm only interested in the safety/reliability, the comfort and the total cost of ownership.

I do care what a car looks like.

I do care what a car looks like.

So do 99.9% of car buyers.

• Like 1

In those pics are correct, I think they're going in the right direction, as most have said, back to looking like a truck. The current Triton and the current Mazda BT-50 just don't feel like what a pickup should be. I don't think you can go too far in exterior design with these things really, so more or less agree with Ace and James. thumbsup.gif

Most of the info and pics are out there now.

Highlights:

All new 2.4L diesel engine 181hp & 430Nm

2.4L petrol engine 128hp and 194Nm for conversion to comp gas.

Old engine still available for new truck 2.5L 178Hp & 400Nm or 128Hp & 240Nm.

Interior looks very nice in leather. Not sure about the rear lights, must have looked at Ford/Mazda.

Prices 791,00 to 1.008mil THB There is 4x4 version too, in fact a whole range of trucks.

I'm a bit disappointed by the looks. The present Triton was the first to come with a different looking truck, later followed by Mazda. But this new Triton seems to be very plain.

Well, they had to leave themselves plenty of options for the 8-10 minor changes it's going to have ;)

• Like 3

I'm a bit disappointed by the looks. The present Triton was the first to come with a different looking truck, later followed by Mazda. But this new Triton seems to be very plain.

To each his own, but IMHO the present body style is butt ugly. So I think this new body style is a marked improvement.

To each his own, but IMHO the present body style is butt ugly. So I think this new body style is a marked improvement.
Nothing to do with ugly or not but with different. And the new triton does not seem different.