Charles Manson 'allowed to marry'

webfact

Charles Manson 'marriage': US murderer 'granted licence'

(BBC) American mass murderer Charles Manson, 80, has reportedly been granted a licence to marry a 26-year-old woman who has been visiting him in prison.

The marriage licence was issued 10 days ago for Manson and Afton Elaine Burton, the Associated Press reports.

Ms Burton moved to Corcoran, California, nine years ago in order to be nearer Manson's prison, it adds.

Manson is serving a life sentence for the murders of seven people and one unborn child in Los Angeles in 1969.

Their victims included pregnant actress Sharon Tate, wife of film director Roman Polanski.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30089036

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-18

Strange how stupid women are attracted to lunatics.

I knew a girl back in the UK who went out with a guy 35 years her senior just because he was well know in town as the guy who murdered his wife. He got away with temporary insanity and did just 5 years.

I don't know who the biggest nutter was, the guy or the young girl who was attracted by murder.

• Like 2

This girl will be soon authoring a book, I suppose. Profits will be invested. Not a bad move, for either Charlie, or her..... as he is not allowed to profit...directly.

Nah, his story is old news. No one cares any more and all of the facts have already been played out in books and movies.

Edited by F430murci

to marry a 26-year-old woman

Ms Burton moved to Corcoran, California, nine years ago in order to be nearer Manson's prison

She was 15 or younger when her fixation started, apparently Barbie didn't do the trick anymore...time to sue MATTEL for faulty product,

• Like 1

I have yet to read a single, authentic, verifiable, shred of proof that Charles Manson killed anybody. Calling him a mass murderer is wrong.

Really? And you've spent the last 45 years searching for this verifiable proof, have you? I suggest, if you really are serious rather than unhinged, that you go back that 45 years and do the research.

• Like 2

I have yet to read a single, authentic, verifiable, shred of proof that Charles Manson killed anybody. Calling him a mass murderer is wrong.

From Wikipedia, for the pedantic among us:

" In 1971 he was found guilty of conspiracy to commit the murders of seven people, actress Sharon Tate and four other people at Tate's home, and the next day, a married couple, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca, all carried out by members of the group at his instruction. He was convicted of the murders through the joint-responsibility rule, which makes each member of a conspiracy guilty of crimes his fellow conspirators commit in furtherance of the conspiracy's objective.[1][2] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

By law, he is a mass murderer.

• Like 1

Ms Burton moved to Corcoran, California, nine years ago in order to be nearer Manson's prison

She was 15 or younger when her fixation started, apparently Barbie didn't do the trick anymore...time to sue MATTEL for faulty product,

I liked your observation, but not your maths.

• Like 2

Troll post and reply removed, if you don't like the content of a topic then please move on to another one do not decry and belittle the people who work so hard to bring you these topics

This girl will be soon authoring a book, I suppose. Profits will be invested. Not a bad move, for either Charlie, or her..... as he is not allowed to profit...directly.

California is a community property state.

I liked your observation, but not your maths.

one weakness is allowed. thumbsup.gif

People in prison should not be allowed to marry or have conjugal visits. They are there to be punished.

Let him get married then! Better still, let him get married to my ex.

If marrying your ex would be cruel and unusual punishment i would agree to that.

I remember picking up the newspaper as a youngster and seeing the front page photo of Sharon Tate. Her unborn baby was cut from her while she was still alive.

Why allow this evil piece of scum any of the rights accorded to law abiding citizens?! Clearly a case of political correctness gone way too far. He should have been hung drawn and quartered the day they caught up with him.

Absolutely bloody awful.

• Like 3

So therefore he should be set free and sue the State of California

By all rights he should have been executed -- but his sentence was commuted.... In other words, he should have already been free by now tongue.png

The one benefit that many of the brides of lifers are probably looking for -- is the husband is not likely to run away on them.... you can always find them.

It is also very difficult for the husband to sneak a little on the side...

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Maybe you should share your findings at Charlie's next parole board hearing. It would be interesting to see some of the articles you read that lead you to this conclusion.

So therefore he should be set free and sue the State of California

By all rights he should have been executed -- but his sentence was commuted.... In other words, he should have already been free by now tongue.png

The one benefit that many of the brides of lifers are probably looking for -- is the husband is not likely to run away on them.... you can always find them.

It is also very difficult for the husband to sneak a little on the side...

But hopefully he got plenty in the back side.

Nah, his story is old news. No one cares any more and all of the facts have already been played out in books and movies.

Her book may be something different. For example....a love affair with a maniac....and how it came to be.

And perhaps there is some new angle.