Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

What about Taxin and Ying have no privacy rights ?

Sounds like tip of an iceberg for the new government.

No, one is a convicted fugitive and the other is under investigation for criminal negligence.

The general's father is neither. Your post is lacking in thought and fact.

Ah, so that must mean it's all above board then. In your view only when the name is Shinawarta transparency is needed. Maybe you should take your own advice before you post such nonsense.

What are the facts? Do you have facts that the general's father is corrupt? The Shins are indeed corrupt. The facts are there. Perhaps you should learn a bit of reason and logic before you post such nonsense.

How long is this government in power and how many reports of corruption within the government have surfaced already?

Lets start with the microphones, that was when they were only in power for a few weeks, and regardless that it was claimed that the dealer had taken them back and refunded, they are still in use.

Anyone else?

Who ordered the microphones? What proof have you that they are still in use?

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

whats the big deal everyone is barking about? he declared it in his asset report! he is following the law, unbelievable some people can't read properly! Its not like that he tried to hide it and got caught, how the land was bought with which company is non of anyones business, its private matters.

In the case of Thaksin, he changed the law to benefit his own company. They did things related to the public sector that wholly benefited themselves. Thaksin falsified his asset report and put it under his driver and maids.

Leading by example! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

or

"Do what I say not what I do!" cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I couldn't resist combining these two posts.

How long is this government in power and how many reports of corruption within the government have surfaced already?

Lets start with the microphones, that was when they were only in power for a few weeks, and regardless that it was claimed that the dealer had taken them back and refunded, they are still in use.

Anyone else?

According to this (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762639-audio-visual-system-in-thai-govt-house-returned-to-seller/) they were returned.

Was there something else saying that they are still in use?

Doesn't matter who ordered them, it was ordered by the current government, and the head of government is responsible, or does that only counts for the PTP government?

There were reports with pictures on this forum as little as 2-3 days ago that they are still not removed

Doesn't matter who ordered them, it was ordered by the current government, and the head of government is responsible, or does that only counts for the PTP government?

There were reports with pictures on this forum as little as 2-3 days ago that they are still not removed

Really! Where are the pictures?

Really, are ALL politicians in the west 100% transparent, honest, truthful etc etc?

No one has ever swindled anyone?

WOW! The wow factor seems to be sky high.

Such honesty...such goodness...

Edited by ravip

My father is a multi-millionare, I am a humble thousandare. If Pops sells 5 million dollars of his assets tomorrow, I'd be annoyed if someone asked ME for details. Pops' business is his business - he paid for my tuition and boarding and that's it, drinking money I earned as a security guard and barman. (Not all rich families spoil their kids..some instill values of independence and an appreciation for ''finding your own way'')

While you and your father are private citizens you are both entitled to privacy. If one of you enter government the rules change. People who don't like that shouldn't enter government.

Then why not be transparent .

That's what it's all about according to the attitude adjustment happiness rules!

Question : how did the journalists and the world at large know about the land transaction!

answer : via Prayuth's declaration.

" In tracing the transaction of land sale by General Prayuth Chan-ocha, as disclosed in the NACCs assets declaration list, Prayuth indicated that his father sold nine plots of land in Bang Bon district on 9 May 2013 to the 69 Property Co. Ltd. for 600 million baht. "

Dont delude yourself. It can also be said that had he not declared it, the journalists would have probed and found it. So he thought it better to declare it.

Really, are ALL politicians in the west 100% transparent, honest, truthful etc etc?

No, but they don't stand on a high tower shouting constantly that they are the chosen one who's gone weed out all corruption.

• Like 1

What about Taxin and Ying have no privacy rights ?

Sounds like tip of an iceberg for the new government.

No, one is a convicted fugitive and the other is under investigation for criminal negligence.

The general's father is neither. Your post is lacking in thought and fact.

Ah, so that must mean it's all above board then. In your view only when the name is Shinawarta transparency is needed. Maybe you should take your own advice before you post such nonsense.

What are the facts? Do you have facts that the general's father is corrupt? The Shins are indeed corrupt. The facts are there. Perhaps you should learn a bit of reason and logic before you post such nonsense.

The facts may be hard to come by. Prayuth didn't respond in an encouraging manner when asked about his brother's questionable financial declaration:

"A few days ago, Prayuth appeared angry when Thais demanded the government increase transparency. He reportedly said, “I beg you not to dig up anything. There is no benefit in so doing. My government is here today to solve problems. I have so many burdens on my shoulder. My wife is also in this difficult situation. I just want some kind of moral support from you. I need your understanding. But the media has tried to dig up many issues. So have some politicians. I must say that you cannot do that for the time being.”" http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/

No, but they don't stand on a high tower shouting constantly that they are the chosen one who's gone weed out all corruption.

Well, that's honesty with a different flavor.

And some interesting reading here >>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2013/12/17/the-honesty-of-clergy-car-salesmen-and-politicians/

That's what it's all about according to the attitude adjustment happiness rules!

Question : how did the journalists and the world at large know about the land transaction!

" In tracing the transaction of land sale by General Prayuth Chan-ocha, as disclosed in the NACCs assets declaration list, Prayuth indicated that his father sold nine plots of land in Bang Bon district on 9 May 2013 to the 69 Property Co. Ltd. for 600 million baht. "

Dont delude yourself. It can also be said that had he not declared it, the journalists would have probed and found it. So he thought it better to declare it.

What &lt;deleted&gt;. You would complain if he hadn't declared it and now state he only declared it because they would have found it anyway ...

Was Prayuth the head of the committee dealing with the renovations and purchases?

Question to ask is how many of the other generals have such enormous wealth and how did they aquire it? If they give reasons such as gifted by father, won it at the stock exchange etc then it should be verified, not just accepted as gospel truth just bcos they are powerful.

The PM Prayuth should show transparency in his personal wealth and business transactions but not now, doessn't the reform of the people government come first? Is that not the reason he is PM to overhaul the old system and set up with the Thai people a new government system. Let him get on with it and leave the nonsence for the soap operas.

"The PM Prayuth should show transparency in his personal wealth and business transactions but not now, doessn't the reform of the people government come first?"

No, if he doesn't lead by example he lacks credibility, and no one will trust his reforms.

What <deleted>. You would complain if he hadn't declared it and now state he only declared it because they would have found it anyway ...

NO. I am saying that just bcos he voluntarily declared it, it does not mean that he cannot be questioned or asked about it.

Was Prayuth the head of the committee dealing with the renovations and purchases?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Whybother to reply to that question.

You're the one making the comparison.

What . You would complain if he hadn't declared it and now state he only declared it because they would have found it anyway ...

NO. I am saying that just bcos he voluntarily declared it, it does not mean that he cannot be questioned or asked about it.

True enough. And he is answering those questions. Example :

When a reporter asked Gen. Prayuth about the land sale today, the Prime Minister shot back that the media has no business questioning him on the matter.

“The land has belonged to me since I was a kid, it belonged to my father. So what’s the problem?” ” Gen. Prayuth said. “Please stop criticizing me already.”

He explained that the company bought the land for “investment” purposes.

“What’s the problem? The buyer is not stupid. They won’t buy anything they can’t invest further. The land belonged to me since I was a child as I lived with my father. So what’s the deal?”

When asked about the buyer of the land, of which major shareholder had a British Virgin Islands address, Gen Prayut said: “It’s the company’s business so go ask it. I’ve nothing to do with it.”

A very succinct answer!

Additional info.

The land plot is 60 rai (23.7 acres) on a main highway in bang non Bkk purchased it seems by

" after a capital increase, the major shareholder now is the company linked to Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a liquor and property billionaire."

Edited by casualbiker

You're the one making the comparison.

Ok, I'll make this an easy one for you.

Who grabbed power on May 22th, ordered renovation of government house and elected himself as PM.

Hint : If you have the answer to one question you'll have the answer to all.

No, but he is overall in charge - oh sorry, that's only applicable to Yingluck.

Anyway, he said that the microphones have been removed............................ haven't they? coffee1.gif

BANGKOK, 16 September 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha presided over the first official cabinet meeting today at Government House.

During the meeting, General Prayuth said an investigation has been launched over the controversial state purchase of allegedly overpriced conference room microphones at the Government House. All new microphones have been removed from conference rooms pending the conclusion of the probe.

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/update2014-news/news_sep3.shtml

" after a capital increase, the major shareholder now is the company linked to Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi, a liquor and property billionaire."

You shouldn't have included that last line in your post, because that name makes ring all alarm bells that weren't activated yet.

No, but he is overall in charge - oh sorry, that's only applicable to Yingluck.

Anyway, he said that the microphones have been removed............................ haven't they? coffee1.gif

Yingluck isn't being impeached because she was "overall in charge". She is being impeached because she was directly in charge.

You shouldn't have included that last line in your post, because that name makes ring all alarm bells that weren't activated yet.

Ring away!!!!

If there was nothing queer about the deal, why is the PM getting so upset? His reaction makes my 'suspicion antennae' quiver. Seems he's got something to hide. It is high time reporters got over centuries of culture of kowtowing to their 'betters' and became the questioning voice of the people. The reporter is brave and I wish him every success.

• Like 1

If there was nothing queer about the deal, why is the PM getting so upset? His reaction makes my 'suspicion antennae' quiver. Seems he's got something to hide. It is high time reporters got over centuries of culture of kowtowing to their 'betters' and became the questioning voice of the people. The reporter is brave and I wish him every success.

The sale is probably completely legitimate.

How his father came to own the land in the first place on the other hand ...