My Ex-GF has got cancer - Should i help? What to do?

inventorinthailand

Why are you even asking us ? If you want to help then do it, if not don't. Are you looking for exoneration in case you decide not to? As one post said,she has made her choice. The doc said it is terminal, so what help were you thinking of ? still, if you have a spare million Baht go ahead if you're sure it's not a scam. For your exoneration, i wouldn't do it.

Well said.

Seems every time someone says don;t help, leave it alone, you counter reply with a reason in favour to help, so it seems you want to help, just do.

Edited by Straight8

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, regarding the "other guy" you must realize that 20,000,000 people come thru here every year, and the chances that a woman might meet a man, when she works in a bar and in general, these places cater to men as you know...the chances are that many women have relationships behind someone's back because they can. That does not mean or never meant that you are not her man. That means she is not to be measured by Western standards, this is not the West. She was entitled to a "fling". If it was more than that, she would have left you. Additionally, being diagnosed with cancer creates a real mental problem for her that gave her additional issues. I don't think this was an issue except in your mind. Perhaps I am wrong but I doubt it.

Secondly, by all means, my sister died of cancer. She has two years or less to live, you should stay with her, help her and forget yourself. Love is about giving and you must love her till the end. You will experience her death and the true meaning of life and death and love. Don't let her die unloved. It is the greatest gift.

If it is operable cancer, she must remove. Perhaps prayer can help also, many cases have been resolved if you are strong enough.

Sorry, I could not forget the " I miss you soooo much ". . Game over !

tthailand, I know this is not funny to you, but this sounds like a rerun of an age-old soap opera. Make sure you see the hospital test results--in fact, I would take her to a doctor myself.

If you decide to help I would recommend an American doctor who recently set up an office in Bangkok. He already has a successful clinic in Arizona. His name - Thomas Lodi, MD. He uses alternative methods that a colleague of mine vouches for. In addition, although I don't have cancer, I used his services for other health issues with very positive results.

• Like 1

Sad story but if she has cancer why not help her by making things more comfortable for her or trying to treat it if possible. I couldn't tell if it was terminal or treatable by what you described. If terminal maybe some money to spend with her family. As they say in Tland "up to you".

• Like 2

I don't know you so I'll speak generically.

Just my opinion, but I think anyone who asks this question most likely doesn't want to help ... but feels guilty for now wanting to. Otherwise there'd be no question.

• Like 1

I don't know you so I'll speak generically.

Just my opinion, but I think anyone who asks this question most likely doesn't want to help ... but feels guilty for now wanting to. Otherwise there'd be no question.

Incorrect IMHO. The heart....him being really him....wants to. And will.

The mind questions, but will loose from the heart. Truth about the validity of the story is the only thing he does need though.

If all is true......Listen to your heart....nothing more you, as a human need to do.

I can agree that my question and place is little odd. But i had to ventilate the steam somewhere and you unlucky guys got it straight in your face. Sorry for that. Anyhow, thanks all for your thoughts, critics, advices and cynical inputs (easy to be in Thailand). We will see what's happening next week when the results are in.

• Like 2

I think she made that choice as far as relationship.She is still a person with needs however and if you are in a position to help her, particuarly in getting proper hospital pain control when it is needed if the situation is as you say it may be a nice thing to do.

Cynical here, having heard and read so many stories and lies that can be told by a cheating girlfriend. Cancer is a easy excuse for getting sympathy and I am not a believer until I hear it from her doctor even if it has to be translated. If you want a second opinion, take her to Bumungrad (SP) hospital in Bangkok. I sincerely hope she gets well and you let your heart do what it will. I thought Thais got decent medical care once they get past the village witch doctor. Maybe I m wrong, but I dare say most Farangs probably can't cough up enough baht to pay for chemo, radiation treatment, hospital stay, and a room and food for mama, because, as you probably know, Thais do not seem to stay over night in the hospital unless at least one family member stays with them, no matter how long they are in the hospital. May God and Buddha place their loving hands on her and cure her if she is sick.