Man dies from electric shock while fishing in Phuket

Lite Beer

He should have been using dynamite if he wanted to indiscriminately cull the pond. Much safer than electricity.

Nobody really understands electricity, it is one of natures mysteries as far as I am concerned. facepalm.gif

Actually in Laos and Cambodia, a lot of people use old war time grenades and other explosives - called 'blast fishing' - to the day as they're highly available (and effective annihilator of all things living in ponds). I'd say this `jolt`fishing is an understandable, though shocking, evolution of the aforementioned crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif RIP poor joule.

A person died here, is that funny? I suppose the guy had a family. When a farang dies it is always ohhh soooo saddd and RIP and all of that, is a farang life worth more on this forum?

I'd find this amusing (whilst trying to stifle the laugh out of respect) no matter where the person came from. With 7,000,000,000+ people straining our valuable resources we need volunteers. If they choose to do it in slapstick ways then we'll laugh. It's a very human trait.

This is not about laughing at a Thai person specifically. There are dumb people in every country. This is THAIvisa so it stands to reason that, given that fact, we are laughing at the misfortune of a Thai national.