Accident Insurance cover - Help Please

BillBilous

you read it narrowly. It is 60K if broken bones involved, 600k for major permanent disability - plus a years salary compensation.

30K, Good luck getting more ......

attachicon.gifinsurance.jpg

My card is Senior and says 30k and 60k -- as per the brochure. The card is just to give the hospital your information and to let them contact the insurers -- thereafter the full terms and conditions will apply...

My glass is half-full wink.png

Unfortunately this thread is talking about the PA1st SMART and m/c cover, which is not the same product as your senior card.

Motorcycle accidents are explicitly excluded from the Senior card cover, but you are right, senior pays double for other accidents.

I guess as you have the Senior card, we must allow you your senior moments.

PA1st has three options

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/BuildYourWealth/Bancassurance/NonLifeInsurance/Pages/PA1st.aspx

<QUOTE>

No matter who you are or what your age, Bangkok Bank has a PA 1st personal accident insurance policy designed especially for you. To apply, simply pick up an application form at any Bangkok Bank branch and submit it with the required supporting documents.
  • PA 1st Kids for persons aged 1-16 years
  • PA 1st Smart for persons aged 16-65 years
  • PA 1st Senior for persons aged 50-100 years

Table of PA 1st Kids Protection and Benefits

Requirements applying to the insured person

• The age of insured person must accordance with the policy requirements.
  • The insured person must have a good health record and not be disabled, already injured or have a serious sickness or chronic disease at the time of the application.
  • Messengers, fireman, police, soldiers, motorcycle taxi drivers, labourers, miners, builders and fishermen are unable to be covered by PA 1st Personal Accident Insurance.

</QUOTE>

I'll not quote the full text or the details for each policy, but I hope you understand that we are not all the same. wink.png

Edited by jpinx

I'll not quote the full text or the details for each policy, but I hope you understand that we are not all the same. wink.png

Most of us take the effort to read the OPs.

So you certainly are different.

(or did you not understand Senior excludes m/c accidents?)

I'd already given some links and comments regarding the m/cycle aspect.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777691-accident-insurance-cover-help-please/#entry8692718

We seemed to have moved on to more general discussion of accident insurance.

This one seems interesting but no details on the website

Personal Accident Insurance (Happy 45+)

http://www.bangkokinsurance.com/insurance/insurance-products.php

I have not explored it's details yet. Anyone else know it?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bangkokinsurance.com%2Fonline%2Fpa.asp%3Flang%3Dthai

looks like motorbike riding might be covered...

Edited by jpinx

Yep - so I was using the appropriate page ......

• PA 1st Kids for persons aged 1-16 years
  • PA 1st Smart for persons aged 16-65 years
  • PA 1st Senior for persons aged 50-100 years

Table of PA 1st Kids Protection and BenefitsTable of PA 1st Smart Protection and BenefitsTable of PA 1st Senior Protection and Benefits

Assuming you are quoting 600k of accident cover from 1st smart protection I would suggest your reading it wrong..

Thats 600k of payout in the case of

"Accidental loss of life,

dismemberment, loss of sight, loss of hearing, loss of speech or permanent disability resulting from:

- General accident

- Injury, death or disability

from social disturbances

- Murder or assault

- Accident while driving or

traveling on a motorcycle"

It would appear to only pay 30k for medical cover (bottom of the table).

Maximum payment for medical expenses per accident (for general accidents, including murder, assault, while driving or traveling on a motorcycle, and accidents arising from social disturbances there isno limit to the number of accidents)

600,000 plus loss of income 20;000/month for a year plus Compensation for physical therapy 30,000 plus medical expenses 60,000 (I might have to break my little finger for that)

Total benefit for 930,000

Premium 5,080 Baht

the PA 1st smart clearly say it pays 30k in the case of an accident.. If you have the senior non MC cover, OK then your OK for possibly doubling that. Ignoring the senior stuff..

The idea that your getting the 600k plus the 30k.. for an accident that doesnt leave permanent disability is clearly wrong.. As you say. breaking a finger and theres your 30k.. Thats all its insuring as accident cover.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...