Leo beer

aussiesteve63

At our local stores in Kuchiarai, Kalasin, Big C Market, Tesco Lotus Express, and Cat One, a case of 12 goes for ฿568 or ฿ 47.34 a bottle, and in most shops about ฿55 for one. gerry33 you are getting one heck of a deal.

Edited by Issangeorge

my very local shop in muang kalasin 3 for 130 lets go for 45bht

130/3 = 43 Baht.

Tell us the address!

Best price I know for a box of 12 big bottles is 565 Baht.

Thats 47 Baht per bottle.

If one buys a single bottle one will pay more of course.

Here in the remote village they want 55 from the fridge.

And I pay it, if I forgot to stock up with another carton in the district town tongue.png

• Like 1

Sisaket/Ubon. About 565-570 a case from a supermarket or 'box shop' and typically around 55 a bottle in a Mom & Pop. Typically 702 for a case of 24 small. Hardly any variation in the case price - Boonrawd have tight pricing - and Mom & Pop stores can't get it much cheaper than the Tesco/Makro price either unless they are into lorry-loads. Typically 75-80 in a falang bar or Thai restaurant.

Markups on wholesale prices are remarkably low in Thai retail/bars/restaurants compared to the falanglands I know.

Methinks Gerry is drinking outdated pre-increase stock, or small bottles - either that or the 'pop' in Mom & Pop means 'bust'smile.png

I bought 4 bottles gave him 500 baht got 190 change so from what you are both saying he's a happy man, will be going to another shop next time

Golden rule in Thailand (Or anywhere really)..........Always ask the price first if not displayed.........."Tao Rai Krap?" = "How much please?"

• Like 1

Usually 55 for a big one. Just recently found a shop where they sell small bottles for 32 baht. ( 38 at 7 Eleven) and fell in love with the much better taste and no ice inside.

Even drinking two small (but also cold) bottles of Leo would only be 64 baht. Quality before quantity, started to hate to drink beer with ice.

Prost- Cheers- Nastrovia- Kicks- Headache- Hangover-facepalm.gif

• Like 2

I bought 4 bottles gave him 500 baht got 190 change so from what you are both saying he's a happy man, will be going to another shop next time

Golden rule in Thailand (Or anywhere really)..........Always ask the price first if not displayed.........."Tao Rai Krap?" = "How much please?"

I'd be very careful when asking such a serious question.

He might misunderstand you and kisses you for free.

Edited by lostinisaan

Is my Thai that bad that 'Tao Rai Krap' has another meaning that I am not aware of....haha?

Is my Thai that bad that 'Tao Rai Krap' has another meaning that I am not aware of....haha?

That is what I was taught to say.

Though, I'm not always understood ... facepalm.gif

our local mom & pop store here in Udon Thani has a great deal on Beer Chang Classic (much better than Leo IMO)

2 Bottles + Ice THB100.

Seeing Tops and Big C near us are now THB 50 per bottle - that's a pretty good deal!

My sentiments exactly

That is what I was taught to say.

Though, I'm not always understood ... facepalm.gif

Yes me too. It is so difficult to get the pronunciation, which is so important in Thai, right. I often have to accompany the question with the hand gesture of rubbing thumb and 2 forefingers together meaning 'money'. This seems to be understood....mostly.

Edited by SunsetT

I get what you mean now..........But if it was an attractive 'She' and not a 'He', it could be a bonus....555.

When I go down the market about 2 in 3 understand my tow rai khrap. The other third just look blank no matter how many times I repeat it. Chak baht is a good standby for those occasions (no idea if that is Thai or Isaan)

Our local Tesco Express has 2-packs of Chang Classic for 95 baht. Large bottles. I also prefer Chang over Leo.

You seem to have a bad taste, regarding beer in Thailand. Well, hope it's different with the human counterparts here.

I'm having some of the small and very cold Leos right now and would send all elephants away. NO ICE IN MY BEER AND I'M NEVER ALONE.....

P.S. Please "donate" 5 baht per download of this photo to homeless Mia Nois in Sisaket. Page me and I'll give you the bank account #.coffee1.gif

post-158336-0-84960700-1416561009_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

When I go down the market about 2 in 3 understand my tow rai khrap. The other third just look blank no matter how many times I repeat it. Chak baht is a good standby for those occasions (no idea if that is Thai or Isaan)

You should say: "Tao Rai Boo?" And they'll get it. (Of course not the Cambodians in your area)

Tao Rai,, na khrap? in Thai. "Tao Rai Boo" in Lao Thai, also called Isaan.

Edited by lostinisaan

wifes shop sells Leo beer big bottle -55tb small bottle -35tb can -35tb if drinking beer at shop with beer mugs ,ice for beer is free

Never got use to the concept of ice in beer - beer in ice, yes... but no need to water it down further.