Bangkok - Eta 3 Weeks - Do I Have My Bases Covered?

Slated

Well, I've quit my job, my websites are up and gaining member strength (they are Thai based, but marketed to western countries).

Here's a list of what I have:

1 year Multi Entry Visa

Plane Tickets

1 wk at MajesticSuites

1wk of a Thai's assistance finding an apartment

2 contacts that have lived in Bangkok for many years

Hep. A&B shots

Typhoid shot

Tetnis

Malaria Meds(to bring with when I trael to southern Thailand)

Lots of Antibiotics for TD

Once I feel settled and comfortable in an apartment, I will be traveiling a lot to gather content for my sites.

Any coments on anything I may have forgotten would be great.

Well, I've quit my job, my websites are up and gaining member strength (they are Thai based, but marketed to western countries).

1 year Multi Entry Visa

Plane Tickets

1 wk at MajesticSuites

Hep. A&B shots

Typhoid shot

Tetnis

Once I feel settled and comfortable in an apartment, I will be traveiling a lot to gather content for my sites.

Two questions, I hope you have had a tetanus jab :o and the other is what web site? I woundn't mind having a look as they are up and running.

Good Luck

Moss

The raw site is up, but the graphics, nor skins are up yet.

once the graphics are up:

trainmuaythai.com

fightersdungeon.com

bangkokbodyuilding.com

bkkfighter.com

bkkbodybuilding.com

There are a couple more for use as the site grows from content additions. I need an additional mod or two to help with the imm board once I straight mainstream advertising too :o

Edited by Slated

1 year Multi Entry Visa

Plane Tickets

1 wk at MajesticSuites

Hep. A&B shots

Typhoid shot

Tetnis

Some spending money would come in handy. :o

Naka.

Call your banks and let them know you will be in Thailand so the bank does not stop your ATM.

Make copies of your passport and visa and credit cards travelers check receipts and all other important papers and email them to yourself.

Technically if you are bringing in prescription meds you need a copy of the prescription.

When you get off the airplane wear a coat and tie and you will breeze through customs.

If you have never stayed at the Majestic Suites before be prepared for the lady boy rush late at night and guard your wallet when entering the hotel.

Get an international drivers license from triple A, only $10.00. Travelers health insurance is cheap. Keep your passport in a jiffy lock bag in case you get drenched in the rain. Never leave your beer unattended at any of the bars around the Majestic.

Get some charcoal pills. Get some pills for food poisoning and start taking them at the first sign of diarrhea.

Stay within your budget. Try not to give to much Bond money on the appartment, try to get a 6 months lease with a right to review monthly from then on. Learn some thai as soon as possible if all fails then smile and look stupid you might get away with it and save $$$ :o

Try to pre-arrange with your bank to let you set up wire transfers by remote control (I assume you don't have a Thai account yet). Wire's will be cheaper than using your ATM / credit card here unless you have a bank like Nationwide (UK) who don't charge for overseas withdrawals.

Also note that Thai ATMs give a maximum of 20 notes (occasionally 25) so 20,000-25,000 Baht is the most you can get per (could be expensive) transaction.

EDIT Once you're settled, use your IDP to get a Thai licence, reduces the requirement to carry your passport (valid govenment ID), can also get you Thai prices at some dual-pricing venues.

Edited by Crossy

When you get off the airplane wear a coat and tie and you will breeze through customs.

Yep a coat would be great for first getting off the plane, try to count to ten before you pass out in the heat. :D

Seriously, it doesn't matter a great deal what you wear concerning customs, I haven't wore a tie since school and never had a problem. I imagine most of the tourists that arrive here daily don't either.

If you have never stayed at the Majestic Suites before be prepared for the lady boy rush late at night

Ah, so that's why Brit always recommends the place. :o

Forget the anti-malarials. I worked in malaria infested places for decades and

most Doc's in these places would say not to take them over the longer term.

Chloroquine for example is bad for your eyes.

These were doctors who treated dozens of cases every week, unlike those

in US, W. Europe etc. who never see a case in their entire career.

Naka.