Thailand ranked 10th among 162 countries in global terrorism index

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Israel on that list that terrorizes Arabs from their beginning of being in Palestine ?

There are other threads that would be a perfect fit to spew such obviously one sided and biased poison at Israel.

Such as the active one about the recent axe murdering Palestinian terrorist attack at a West Jerusalem Jewish temple:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777425-four-killed-in-jerusalem-synagogue-attack/

But in response to the basic question, Israel is rated at 32nd place in the Global Terrorism Index 2014.

Nearby countries, Egypt is 13th, Syria is 5th (one of the worst in the world), and Lebanon is 14th.

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/sites/default/files/Global%20Terrorism%20Index%20Report%202014_0.pdf

Complete list of countries rated is on PAGE 8.

On Page 39 it is said that Israel is higher risk going forward:

Based on measuring these factors IEP has identified the
following 13 countries as being at risk of substantial
increased terrorist activity from current levels:
— Angola
— Bangladesh
— Burundi
— Central African Republic
— Cote d’Ivoire
— Ethiopia
— Iran
— Israel
— Mali
— Mexico
— Myanmar
— Sri Lanka
— Uganda
Edited by Jingthing

Have you noticed that ALL the terrorism in those named countries are from Muslims?

I am not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but it is funny how all terrorists are Muslims.

Try telling that to the IRA, KKK, etc wink.png

IRA not active...KKK ridiculed and impotent,,KKK was never a terrorist organization...Just a bunch of racist evil thugs. Tell you what, jpinnx, Give me a few other examples of non Muslim terrorist groups...Current ones please...

Usual apologist rant..Accept reality. I bet you can't, though..

"9/11 was not an inside job."

Utter B.S.

It was an inside job by PNAC who years earlier PUBLISHED a manifesto calling for a "Pearl Harbor" like event to justify invading Iraq.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_for_the_New_American_Century

And then there's the Bush Crime family who had made over $1B doing bid'ness with the bin laden Family.

In fact, here's a picture of Poppy Bush meeting with OBL's brother, on that infamous day September 11, 2001:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/binladenshafiq-with-bushsenior1.jpg

And Dick Cheney was told when he came into office in January 2001, that bin Laden was their #1 threat. What was his response?

Dick Cheney canceled their weekly bin laden Intel meetings and did nothing. Absolutely nothing.

What did George Bush do in August 2001 when he got the CIA briefing memo 'Bin Laden determined to strike WTC targets using airplanes'?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Inside job: Bush Crime Family working with bin Laden Family. Why?

Profits $$$$$.

Stop repeating Republican propaganda.

Are you ok? Do you see things that aren't there?

Get a grip, mate...Talk to somebody who can help.

• Like 1

"BANGKOK: -- The Australia and US-based Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) has ranked Thailand on the 10th out of 162 countries on the Global Terrorism Index (GTI).

In a report published this week, by the IEP, it gave Thailand a score of 7.19 out of 10.

Thailand trailed behind the Philippines which was ranked 9th with the score of 7.29, while Indonesia which is among the ASEAN came in 30th place with 4.67 scores.

Leading the list of the 162 countries is Iraq with the score of 10, followed by Afghanistan (9.39), Pakistan (9.37), Nigeria (8.58), Syria (8.12), India (7.86), Somalia (7.41), and Yemen (7.31).

Russia was placed at 11th rank after Thailand with 6.76 scores."

The way this is written, it almost feels like Thailand is proud they came in 10th in the world.

They do realize the higher on the list, the worse they are...not the other way around?

Where any Muslims involved in these terrorist activities? Tell me it is not so!

Cannot do that:

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/sites/default/files/Global%20Terrorism%20Index%20Report%202014_0.pdf

Terrorist activity is overwhelmingly confined to the south of the
country where there is an ongoing insurgency between Muslim
separatists and the Thai government, with Malay Muslims
opposed to the Thai Buddhist minority and supporters of the
government. This conflict has been ongoing since 2004 with
estimates of 5,000 deaths and 10,000 casualties. The majority
of attacks have historically occurred in the four southern
border provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.
Terrorist activity is so localised that out of the seventy-six
provinces of Thailand, only 11 sufered from attacks. Five
provinces only had one attack and six provinces had more than
one attack. Peace talks hosted in Malaysia resumed in August
2014 after leaders of the Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN)
called to continue dialogue.

Absurd report. What is classified as ''terrorism' is for the most part straightforward civil war. For example, Thailand has a separatist South that has chosen the violent option to achieve its goals. These people have all undoubtedly read Mao's writings on asymmetric warfare. So they know how you fight these wars. You make them unwinnable ffor the incumbent government. And you do that by undermining the government's primary job, which is to provide security for its citizens.

Does nobody read anymore?

• Like 1

With a total failed State, such a high rate of corruption, a total laxity and the absence of controls, moral, ethics and common sense (other than money) I am convinced that Thailand has become an important base for terrorists; not only for the South of Thailand. For me, it is just a matter of time before something happen there; so many easy targets.

I love(d) Thailand but things go down the hill so fast for the last decade... Thainess just make things even worse.

People associate "terrorists" with people from developing countries with a didactic moral code leading to acts of violence in order to assert power. The terrorists I see in Thailand, many of them have white skin are from wealthy Western countries and pull the strings behind the covert corruption. Why no one ever mentions this unspoken force in Thailand only proves how much it's intentionally being hidden, or the racist viewpoint that only the enemy are of darker skin and from poor countries.

Absurd report. What is classified as ''terrorism' is for the most part straightforward civil war. For example, Thailand has a separatist South that has chosen the violent option to achieve its goals. These people have all undoubtedly read Mao's writings on asymmetric warfare. So they know how you fight these wars. You make them unwinnable ffor the incumbent government. And you do that by undermining the government's primary job, which is to provide security for its citizens.

You're wrong. Murdering school teachers is terrorism. Bombing shopping malls is terrorism. Going after military targets is war.

Next ..

• Like 2

You're wrong. Murdering school teachers is terrorism. Bombing shopping malls is terrorism. Going after military targets is war.

Next ..

We bombed German cities in WW2. Next..

• Like 2

Where is Israel on that list that terrorizes Arabs from their beginning of being in Palestine ?

The organisation (a privately funded Think Tank) who published the report in the OP defines terrorism for the purpose of the report; one of the criteria is non State 'actors'.

Some people will agree, some will not that Israel is a State sponsor of terrorism. Personally I do not, oppressive and unfair policies in some circumstances 'yes'.

Edited by simple1

The organisation (a privately funded Think Tank) who create the report in the OP defines terrorism; one of the criteria is non State 'actors'.

Some people will agree, some will not that Israel is a State sponsor of terrorism. Personally I do not, oppressive and unfair policies in some circumstances 'yes'.

Yes, well. If it's a State Actor, all fair - if it's a non state actor, it's terrorism. What sort of nonsense is that? Violence is violence whoever delivers it.

• Like 2

Next ..

We bombed German cities in WW2. Next..

In recent history US & coalition targeted civilian infrastructure in Gulf War 11, bombing of power generation, sewage & water treatment plants. Believe Israel carried out similar attacks during the recent conflict in Gaza. From my POV these actions are collective punishment that lead to civilian deaths, yet to comprehend the justification for these actions.

• Like 1

Please .. why should this topic which is about THAILAND be hijacked into yet another hot Israel-Palestine thread? We've always got some of those running that are SPECIFICALLY about that. bah.gif

Why not GO THERE to talk those issues?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Please .. why should this topic which is about THAILAND be hijacked into yet another hot Israel-Palestine thread? We've always got some of those running. bah.gif

I agree. Wholeheartedly agree. There's a lot of those running in World News.

Please don't drag Israel/Palestine into this topic as well.

Thank you.

wai2.gif

• Like 1

The organisation (a privately funded Think Tank) who create the report in the OP defines terrorism; one of the criteria is non State 'actors'.

Yes, well. If it's a State Actor, all fair - if it's a non state actor, it's terrorism. What sort of nonsense is that? Violence is violence whoever delivers it.

The report in the OP is narrowly focused. The organisation does publish another annual report that incorporates the actions of State players, named World Peace Index.

Edited by simple1

Ranked 10th, just behind Somalia and Yemen, which are also fantastic holiday destinations for the entire family. - not

As a responsible parent, you would not endanger your children in the two above named countries, so why would you do it on Thailand ?

Spin this TAT

Why North Korea not on the list?

If you can come in working camp for use Kim Un Ill's Ashtray the person also go die there.

Why Israel not on that list?

I thinking it's most not be funny to be Palestinian when you most see friends family children go die from Israeli's bombing back action. Yes there is Hamas but I think it's was Israel there created them. The Palestinian thinking like this 1 2 3 now it's enough and they fighting back. Now there is this problem. Palestinian do not have so many weapons and that they have they will use.

Then they also use suicide bomber and here can you ask. Who want to be a suicide bomber ?

Yes it is not so difficult it's certainly the peaceful man there lost hole his family in bombing attack from Israel because Israel just want ti kill those Hamas people in a car even the car drive in a market place many innocent people go die. That will or can create suicide bomber...

The peaceful Palestinian say I have lost my wife my brothers and my children and I do not have other thing back so I make some kill of those there kill hole my family. When he succeed and kill 3 - 4 Israeli Then Israel make back and call it terrorist attack. Israel can only do this because they are protected by Us.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Noam Chomsky calls US 'world's leading terrorist state'

The United States is the “world's leading terrorist state,” based on its deadly, CIA-run operations in the likes of Nicaragua and Cuba, according to new op-ed by historian and social philosopher Noam Chomsky.

In a piece posted at Truth-out.org, entiltled "The Leading Terrorist State" Chomsky pointed to the Central Intelligence Agency’s classified review of its own efforts to arm insurgencies across the globe in its 67-year history.

The New York Times was the first to uncover the story and Chomsky opened by suggesting the Times’ own headline for it should have been titled, "It's official: The U.S. is the world's leading terrorist state, and proud of it,” rather than "CIA Study of Covert Aid Fueled Skepticism About Helping Syrian Rebels."

Chomsky further stated:

“To this we may add the world's greatest terrorist campaign: Obama's global project of assassination of ‘terrorists.’ The ‘resentment-generating impact’ of those drone and special-forces strikes should be too well known to require further comment,” he wrote. “This is a record to be contemplated with some awe.”
  • Like 1

The United States is the “world's leading terrorist state,” based on its deadly, CIA-run operations in the likes of Nicaragua and Cuba, according to new op-ed by historian and social philosopher Noam Chomsky.

In a piece posted at Truth-out.org, entiltled "The Leading Terrorist State" Chomsky pointed to the Central Intelligence Agency’s classified review of its own efforts to arm insurgencies across the globe in its 67-year history.

The New York Times was the first to uncover the story and Chomsky opened by suggesting the Times’ own headline for it should have been titled, "It's official: The U.S. is the world's leading terrorist state, and proud of it,” rather than "CIA Study of Covert Aid Fueled Skepticism About Helping Syrian Rebels."

Chomsky further stated:

“To this we may add the world's greatest terrorist campaign: Obama's global project of assassination of ‘terrorists.’ The ‘resentment-generating impact’ of those drone and special-forces strikes should be too well known to require further comment,” he wrote. “This is a record to be contemplated with some awe.”

yes, so is it. and thats why i call the usa the terror state number one in the world, number two israel, and numer 3 australia, england, germany, french and canada together. and few days ago mccain did admit in a us tv station the usa foundet al quaida and isis providing them with a lot of money and arms. no wonder the babaric islamistic dictatorships in the arabian league don´t need "democracy" or have to respect human rights. this dictatorships are friends and allies :-D

• Like 2

Who would choose to live in a failed state?

Failed personalities?

Below is the URL for the Failed States Index 2013. Take say three countries out of the top ten and outline what viable options the disenfranchised citizens have – thanks…

http://ffp.statesindex.org/rankings-2013-sortable

Edited by simple1

Oh, please, why not stop hijacking this thread away from the ACTUAL topic?

From the OP:

The GTI uses four indicators to measure the impact of terrorism: the number of terrorist incidents, the number of deaths, the number of casualties and the level of property damage.

The U.S. recently has had RELATIVELY FEW terrorist incidents within it's borders, so no, it's not number one in the survey but rather number THIRTY.

how did america not make the list?? they create "terrorist" (osama bin laden worked for the CIA as Tim Osman), they fund terrorist, they arm terrorist... they create propaganda to create fear towards "terrorist"... take 9/11 for example...an inside job, blamed on "terrorist" .. so... just sayin coffee1.gif

Just sayin' a load of crapola. Are tin foil hats on sale now?

I'm from america and I'm informed .. thats all.. do your research.

9/11 was not an inside job. It's not even worth debating with people who think it was. That said, a lot of people do believe that toxic conspiracy theory, including much of the Islamic world.

did you know 3 buildings fell that day? hmmmm.. just keep drinking the fluorinated water guys.. its doing the trick.. smh