CPAP machines

daij1944

Yea I've used a Cpap for 4 years now. My wife doesn't complained about the snoring any more and I feel much more rested.I use to wake up several times a night

I do recommend you go thru a doctor as these machines are custom to each person. The size of the mask, the different type of head gear use and they have

a pressure setting(air flow) that is recommended by your doctor. This is preset (programmed) and can not be changed by you.

I use 1 that has a water reservoir attached that moistures the air I breath and is rather comfortable but That's a matter of choice and price for each person.

ye need to attend a sleep clinic/doctor and have the sleep survey done so than an clinical assessment can be completed...I went and was diagnosed with hypopnea, low oxygen during sleep, not as severe as apnea but still results in low quality sleep...

I tried a cpap machine (covered by insurance, fortunately, but the accompanying mask wasn't covered, strange...) and it didn't help; 4-5 hours sleep OK but then not able to get back to sleep...so I discontinued it for now 'cause I been real busy but later I'll fiddle with the settings on the machine to see if I can get a better result...

always best to do something about sleeplessness caused by apnea/hypopnea as the cardiovascular implications can be lethal according to the literature...

many thanx for the comments so far

is there a sleep clinic/doctor (ideally us licensed) in chiang mai or bangkok?

Most major hospitals have sleep clinics.

I know Sripat does as does CM Ram.

Lots iof good info in this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/360326-snore-and-sleep-clinics-in-chiang-mai/

I am a CPAP machine user. Ask Sheryl on TVF or Private message her if you need any more advice. She is good value on anything she comments on. P.S most machines are theoretically user adjustable but you need to know what setting is likely to be best for you. The menus are in the buttons but hidden, and as I said, you need to know what your settings are. You could ask this question of your hospital back home. They should tell you if they set you up before. I asked my hospital in my home country if I could take the machine overseas to live & they said "no problem." I will see them again when I go back home early next year. PS Hospitals consider these machines fragile & not suitable for suitcase packing. They will give you a letter telling the airline you have to carry it as extra hand baggage, Not everyone knows that. It sure helps with baggage weight limitations.

• 9 months later...

I should mention that since I ditched my cpap machine I discovered melatonin and my sleep problems have disappeared...but I never had severe apnea, just mild oxygen deprivation (Hypopnea) according to the hospital sleep survey which is something (apnea) melatonin would probably have no effect on...

• 4 months later...