Selling a second hand Honda Click 125i Scooter

ptitprince

Dear everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am selling a 2nd hand scooter (see model in Topic Title) for the first time, so I have a few questions:

-How much roughly should I sell it for? (I bought it in January 2014, it has roughly 7000km, red, since purchase I took it twice to the Honda store (following the recommendation of the manufacturer: after 1000 and 4000km, for oil changing and re-tuning). I think the original price is 49,000THB (but not sure), even though I paid in total 57,900THB with the loan plan. I never felt down with it, it only has minor scratches). I'm thinking of trying to sell it for 42,000THB to start with, and see if it works. What do you guys think? Is it a reasonable price?

-Anyone knows how much is the price of the scooter NEW? I think it is 49000THB, but I am not sure (my ex gf is the one who had bought it, she says she doesn't remember)

-Do you know a place in Phuket (if possible in or near Phuket Town) where I can have it washed/cleaned? How much should I pay for a basic washing/cleaning, with an addition of some product to make it shiny, maybe? If I go to a car wash, will they do it? If yes, any good/cheap one you want to recommend?

-What papers do I need to give to the new buyer? What do I need to sign? What does he need to sign? How long does it take for the ownership to be changed? Anything else I should know administration wise?

Thanks for your help. If I come up with some more questions, I'll let you know.

do you now have full ownership of the bike along with the green book,

who's name is the bike in

the registered owner should go with the new owner to the local government office that deals with driving licences/ car tax

42,000 is a bit steep, i would say mid to late 30,000's

• Like 2

Maybe THB35K if you are lucky.

Check ThaiVisa or BahtSold classified for comps.

Go to a Honda dealer to ascertain what they sell for new.

If the bike is in ex-GF's name, it is her bike, & she will be selling it, not you.

C'mon, you can't find a car wash? Sheesh!

Find a dealer (e.g., Honda) or other agent to handle the transaction in-as-much-as you have no clue.

Good luck bro.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

In my experience this list does not correlate with reality.

It really understates the prices that I have seen in showrooms throughout Thailand.

E.g., PCX 150i for <70K-thb?

Has anyone seen them offered for that?

If you want to know the price of a bike, best visit the showroom, IMO.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

do you now have full ownership of the bike along with the green book,

who's name is the bike in

the registered owner should go with the new owner to the local government office that deals with driving licences/ car tax

42,000 is a bit steep, i would say mid to late 30,000's

Thank you.

Yes i do have full ownership now. I have the book. Ok noted for local government office. Ill ask around to find it, unless you can tell me where it is.

Ok, Ill try 35000 to 39000THB, starting with the later, I guess.

Cheers.

If the bike is in ex-GF's name, it is her bike, & she will be selling it, not you.

Find a dealer (e.g., Honda) or other agent to handle the transaction in-as-much-as you have no clue.

Good luck bro.

Thank you.

I have ownership now. I have the book.

Ok for the classifieds.

If I cant sell fast, I guess Ill go through an agent.

Cheers!

If you have ownership now I assume you have transferred the book from your EX GF (The one who you say purchased the bike) to your name.

to sell the bike to another person the transfer process will be the same.. other than a Farang buying will need residence cert and copies of passport and possibly visa.

If you have not transferred the name from the ex gf to yours..... she is still the owner.

• Like 2

It sounds a bit strange that you say she bought it but now you are the full owner. That means you would have been to the Transportation Department in Phuket Town at the time of the transfer and know how it works. But you don't know where it is so if that means you have never been there than that in turn means the bike is not in your name and therefor not yours. Are you sure you have been to that office and is your name in the green book?

You'd be lucky to get more than 40k for the scooter. In order to transfer ownership you just have to go with the buyer to the Transportation Department and have the ownership transferred. At that point latest you should also collect the money from him. They can tell you what to sign there.

You can find a map and contact info at http://phuketdir.com/pkttransport/

Good luck!

• Like 1

Good luck bro.

Thank you.

Ok for the classifieds.

Cheers!

PT, I meant: use an agent to accomplish the transfer, not try to find a buyer for you.

Sorry for any lack clarity.

When you say "I have the book." do you mean (1) you have book in your possession;

or do you mean (2) your name is in the book as current owner.

There is a huge difference.

(1) means little; (2) is crucial.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1

If you have ownership now I assume you have transferred the book from your EX GF (The one who you say purchased the bike) to your name.

to sell the bike to another person the transfer process will be the same.. other than a Farang buying will need residence cert and copies of passport and possibly visa.

If you have not transferred the name from the ex gf to yours..... she is still the owner.

Thank you, noted.

Yes I am the owner now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

7000km in 9 months is only 26km/day.

Too much?

Yes, it is.

Sorry, I don't understand what is too much.

Correction, it is actually more or less 11 months (10.5), so it is more like 22km per day. I guess I was not using it a lot.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good luck bro.

Thank you.

Ok for the classifieds.

Cheers!

PT, I meant: use an agent to accomplish the transfer, not try to find a buyer for you.

Sorry for any lack clarity.

When you say "I have the book." do you mean (1) you have book in your possession;

or do you mean (2) your name is in the book as current owner.

There is a huge difference.

(1) means little; (2) is crucial.

Thanks.

Noted. I mean (2): I have the book, which is in my name.

• Like 1

Few months ago i bought a honda click spoked wheel 110cc model with 9000km on the clock for 28000bht, had to pay 800bht to get it transported from phucket by post.

Thanks.

I see, so, in my opinion, I guess I should be able to sell my 125i, only 7000km, for 35000 (39000 if lucky), as expressed by another poster. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

A 125i click, is a more expensive/sort after bike than the 110 model, so although the mileage/kilos is a little high it should be worth 35000 baht or a little more. if registered in January 2014 it should show the model as a 2013 ( right hand side of the green book details page) if it shows it as say 2012 then its the older model.

all in all its worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and how quick you want to sell it,

my workings for 2nd hand bike prices is 10,000baht off retail price for up to a year old +1 baht per kilo, so that makes your bike 17,000 off retail of say 50,000 baht = 33,000 baht ,

I just bought a 7 month old Fino from a bangkok dealer, delivered to my door with 4,300 kilos for 15,000 baht off retail.

• Like 1

Few months ago i bought a honda click spoked wheel 110cc model with 9000km on the clock for 28000bht, had to pay 800bht to get it transported from phucket by post.

Thanks.

I see, so, in my opinion, I guess I should be able to sell my 125i, only 7000km, for 35000 (39000 if lucky), as expressed by another poster. What do you guys think?

To be honest the only reason i bought it, thai friend was getting constant daily calls from the loan company because she did,nt make the payments,

If i had known how much fuel these automatics use i would not have bothered.

Thanks.

To be honest the only reason i bought it, thai friend was getting constant daily calls from the loan company because she did,nt make the payments,

What???? They hardly use any fuel at all.

Thanks.

What???? They hardly use any fuel at all.

Depends what you compare it too, i also have a wave110 full manual and a cbr250r, the click uses more than either of the others.. also friends have the the same experience with full automatics,

Some put it down to the fact they are full automatic...i have the feeling it might be the belt drive or both.

7000km in 9 months is only 26km/day.

Too much?

Yes, it is.

Sorry, I don't understand what is too much.

26km/day?

I am a little confused also, why would 26km per day be considered too much?

Post #12 suggested as much.

Okay?

Edited by papa al
  • Like 1