'I Hate Thailand' star comes clean: Video funded by TAT

webfact

This is an excellent video. I've seen it going around FB for a few days, now. It captures The Dream of an entire segment of would-be vacationers and visitors from the West. Extremely well done. People knocking the quality of this video haven't got a clue.

ps...apologies; didn't know the previous one was posted.

Z....right on.

I presume you mean the murders, rapes, scams, property thefts (here on TV this week the Land Registry is the most fraudelent), Phuket mafia, the corruption, martial law, southern war, etc, etc.

Yep....thier "dream" will all too often become a horrible reality in this wonderful safe and secure peaceful democratic land.

Excellent video indeed. I like the reality bit where he throws rocks at the taxi. I again presume the driver smiled and gave him a wave?

Edited by harleyclarkey
  • Like 2

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a dream.

I dreamed of a smiling young brown girl with beautiful legs, stretched out sitting on a car. I thought she was a teenie bopper, but I was wrong.

The dream came true, but there's a bitter taste.

The car is now there, and the small teenie bopper turned out to be a hard-working Issan farmer woman, just a natural beauty.

And now she doesn't need me anymore.

But I'm still in love, hopefully she'll return. I really miss her shouting at me.

She might hate me, she might love me. She's now part of my life, and I'm a part of hers (I hope) She has many faces, many names, and many numbers. Don't ask.

If you ever come to Pattaya, you might find a dancing beauty completely out of here mind. It might be her, please give her a tip.

Kob cun kap

I have never seen a monkey on a beach,always in temples or shows.If the thai,s watch this,They will be training monkeys to steal from people on beaches.Every day,The Thai,s show how stupid they are.And there attitude to us,They realy think,that people will believe this video.Show us video,s of corrupt thai officials being jailed.Thugs who attack farangs being jailed.etc etc,Thailand has to understand,It has to be ruthless,in changing there attitude,But we all know,It wont happen,Sadly only one direction for thailand,And that is down,The less money that comes in,The more the violence and theft of farangs,will increase.

• Like 1

Dear Thomas,

but I have. There's a country completely filled up with human beings, and at least one monkey per human head. The country is called India.

Monkeys are smart animals. They imitate the habits of human beings (ie grabbing banknotes), and usually they are better than the originals.

You can also find them on the beach counting money.

Look in the mirror if you want to know who they learned this from.

But don't say "It can't happen here"

You are in Thailand, and everything is possible here :D

This is an excellent video. I've seen it going around FB for a few days, now. It captures The Dream of an entire segment of would-be vacationers and visitors from the West. Extremely well done. People knocking the quality of this video haven't got a clue.

ps...apologies; didn't know the previous one was posted.

Z....right on.

I presume you mean the murders, rapes, scams, property thefts (here on TV this week the Land Registry is the most fraudelent), Phuket mafia, the corruption, martial law, southern war, etc, etc.

Yep....thier "dream" will all too often become a horrible reality in this wonderful safe and secure peaceful democratic land.

Excellent video indeed. I like the reality bit where he throws rocks at the taxi. I again presume the driver smiled and gave him a wave?

What I presume is that you must be living a miserable tormented life in Thailand (otherwise, why would you be posting, here, in a forum for expats). You appear to be so fearful that you border on paranoia. I cannot imagine such a bitter existence. Or why someone would continue to remain in circumstances that promoted such fear and misery. I feel sorry for you. Truly, I do. I don't mean that sarcastically. Consider living with a more encouraging outlook on life. It's the only one you'll ever have.

Edited by zydeco

The content of this indicates that TAT knows reality, because each little slice of life in this is 180 degrees off the reality table. The Big Lie... 2 years here? just living beach life? Looks a bit young for retirement visa. Dude would have been beaten to a pulp first day if this had a grounding in reality.

The video sums up everything that makes me love Thailand. The happy smiling people, the dimwitted <deleted> annoying you on the beach and elsewhere, The Mai pen rai attitude as they <deleted> you over and the pretense of being happy.

Thainess rocks.....

Maybe bikinis are the dress code for bar girls in their eyes.

Acting like animals could also mean: Farangs never clean up. And tthey are not really good in body hygiene.

A melanom from the burning sun is maybe not regarded a sign of health.

Any more suggestions?

Dress codes might change a bit if people learn to swim, though.

A fat old Farang in a tanga strolling along the streets of Pattaya is surely not what they want their children to see....

And, damn, don't Farangs hide their professional ladies away from the public at home? Last not least:

About 10 pct of Thais are Moslems, please don't forget !

Wow how can anyone believe what they saw was real.

Anyone who is this gulliable will have the exact opposite experience as this film.

I thought it was a good effort but makes no sense for TAT would target backpackers and someone who wants to end up living here.

Edited by zeroselect

Don't know why so many posts are commending the video as being good P.R. while acknowledging that it presents Thailand in a less than accurate or truthful manner.

How by any stretch of the imagination could the video be good if it is patently dishonest?

Edited by Shaunduhpostman
  • Like 1

Thais were paid by the government to pretend they don't care about money and make it look as if they appeared in a farang's amateur video for free.

Just shows that nothing is what it appears to be in Thailand but, at least, Thai monkeys are honest.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

My Thai bagpacker gf says it's real, she should know.

This video is not targeted for those in a midlife crisis dreaming of success stories to tell their bar girls.

Dear TV posters, you are doing ads as well, urgently promoted by your cries for love. Do you think your sweet talks are mistaken as reality by any bar girl? They know you, and they know you well. I heard the rumours from the beds behind the walls, you know what they are telling?

You pretend to care for your children, in fact you treat as your private property.

You should be proud of them instead of treating them like pets.

Thai people know how to talk with their bodies, they know the difference between 'being' and just 'having'. They may not have so much money, but they have big hearts, and they are big souls. They are brothers and sisters to their brothers and sisters, and that is a lot.

I'm proud of my Thai gf, not of myself for having her. Nobody 'has' her. She's a free woman, she's Thai.

"Although the video was heavily staged, Smith said he can't deny he has experiences similar to those in the video."

Due to contractual obligations.

Really? No Thai person ever been kind to you or helped you out of a jam since you've been here?

If not, I'd have to wonder why......

Why are so many of you going on about this being staged and funded by TAT? It's obviously a commercial piece to promote tourism in Thailand ... duh! Nothing wrong with that. Many countries do them ... your's included, I bet.