Obama offer to 5m illegal migrants

webfact

You would be better off checking some previous threads than requesting enlightenment.

I've said for a couple of years he will not be impeached. That doesn't mean he hasn't violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office though.

He has violated them and will very likely continue to do so.

He just won't be impeached for it because there will never be a two thirds vote from the Democrats to impeach him ...plus there is the Biden factor.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean he hasn't violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office though.

So, not only has he violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office, but he is very likely to continue violating the Constitution.

Yet congress is not going to do anything about it?

I think we all need to take a moment and pray for the future of the republic, because it truly is at great risk.

You would be better off checking some previous threads than requesting enlightenment.

I've said for a couple of years he will not be impeached. That doesn't mean he hasn't violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office though.

He just won't be impeached for it because there will never be a two thirds vote from the Democrats to impeach him ...plus there is the Biden factor.

Please post any example of him "violating various articles of the constitution and his oath of office".

Because I suspect It is the same as him issuing a "Stand Down" order during the Benghazi attacks, i.e. Republican fiction.

I look forward to being corrected of course.

Edited by Chicog

Please post any example of him "violating various articles of the constitution and his oath of office".

Because I suspect It is the same as him issuing a "Stand Down" order during the Benghazi attacks, i.e. Republican fiction.

Take your little mouse thingy and scroll up to post #662. There are a couple of examples quoted in that post.

Did he issue a "stand down" order or Benghazi? I thought he retired for the evening to his White House quarters, while the attack was ongoing, to get ready for a fund raising trip the following morning.

This is news to me. You must have very powerful friends in the White House if you were able to find out what he did while the Consulate was under attack. It's a secret to the rest of the world.

That was simply malfeasance, not a constitutional violation.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean he hasn't violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office though.

So, not only has he violated various articles of the Constitution and his oath of office, but he is very likely to continue violating the Constitution.

Yet congress is not going to do anything about it?

I think we all need to take a moment and pray for the future of the republic, because it truly is at great risk.

It has been at great risk for the past six years...only two more years to go.

• Like 1

The 2008 election of Barack Obama as president identified a new electoral demographic in the US going forward in elections of the president.....

In 2011, more minority babies were born in the United States than white babies. Since 2000, the nation’s population of young whites has been on the decline. All of the growth in the nation’s under-18 population has been attributable to new minorities—namely Hispanics, Asians and multiracial Americans. Just as the Baby Boom upended the second half of the 20th century, the ascendancy of racial minorities will be the signature demographic trend of the 21st. And the coming explosion will have radical implications for American politics.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/11/10-maps-that-explain-the-next-election-113002.html#ixzz3Pdcmk0Kj

Take your little mouse thingy and scroll up to post #662. There are a couple of examples quoted in that post.

Did he issue a "stand down" order or Benghazi? I thought he retired for the evening to his White House quarters, while the attack was ongoing, to get ready for a fund raising trip the following morning.

This is news to me. You must have very powerful friends in the White House if you were able to find out what he did while the Consulate was under attack. It's a secret to the rest of the world.

Strikes me that post #662 simply contains vague accusations with no substance.

What happened to the lawsuit?

Strikes me that post #662 simply contains vague accusations with no substance.

What happened to the lawsuit?

Google is your friend. Look it up.

• Like 1

It is unbelievable that the next best president, after JFK, the US has ever had is slagged off for everything he does.

Must be the Ostrich syndrome.

I'm sure you all can't wait to get ripped off by the next Bush generation.

exactly. Everything he does creates winners and losers. Obamacare, winners are the insurance companies. Losers are the people that already had insurance.

This immigration amnesty will make the winners those who intentially broke the law. The losers will be those who followed the law and still waiting in the queue - sometimes 10years or more - for a visa.

If you're ok with that, then i guess you could say he's the best president. Everyone esle wouldn't agree with you.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So much for 'simply" and "without a problem". whistling.gif

Never mind that Republicans control all of Capitol Hill, House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday wondered when Senate Democrats will “get off their — and do something other than to vote no” on a House GOP plan to fund the Department of Homeland Security.

This has the potential to turn into a huge problem for national security or an embarrassing retreat for the newly elected Republican majority. There was never anything simple about this, and Republicans should have stayed out of it and let the courts hand down a decision.

For something that posters here claimed could be done "simply" and "without a problem", there seems to be all sorts of issues with avoiding a Department of Homeland Security shutdown.

Lawmakers had one job to do during the first two months of the year. And they might just blow it.

The Republican-led House and Senate skipped town on Friday for a weeklong recess, short on options and just five legislative days from letting the Department of Homeland Security’s funding expire — Congress’ first major deadline of 2015. But despite a lack of obvious solutions to their standoff on the spending bill and President Barack Obama’s immigration policies, GOP leaders are sticking to their story: There will be no shutdown.

the presidents actions also violate the 14th Amendment which provides equal protection of the law to all citizens. The president arbitrarily deciding to enforce some laws and not others could put other third parties at risk they would not have if the law had been faithfully applied.

whatever he signed or however he decided to take this action, it is in violation of Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, which states...he (The President) shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed".

The new congress was sworn in nearly a month ago, and I was hoping for an update on the impeachment proceedings. The president did, after all, violate not only the 14th amendment but also Article II, Section 3, right? But for some reason I haven't seen anything in the news about it. How can this be? Surely we must be knee-deep in a Constitutional crisis that is tearing away at the very fabric of our revered Republic.

Maybe our resident Constitutional scholars could enlighten us.

It's the same as before the 2014 election, the Republicans don't want to get rid of Obama, he's the best weapon they have.

This should get somebody's attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans say Obama giving immigrants 'amnesty bonuses'
Feb 14, 8:59 AM (ET)
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
WASHINGTON (AP) — Millions of immigrants benefiting from President Barack Obama's executive actions could get a windfall from the IRS, a reversal of fortune after years of paying taxes to help fund government programs they were banned from receiving.
Armed with new Social Security numbers, many of these immigrants who were living in the U.S. illegally will now be able to claim up to four years' worth of tax credits designed to benefit the working poor. For big families, that's a maximum of nearly $24,000, as long as they can document their earnings during those years.
Some Republicans are labeling the payments "amnesty bonuses," one more reason they oppose Obama's program shielding millions of immigrants from deportation.
  • Like 1

Then of course, the real reason for the amnesty. Illegal immigrants become illegal voters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to vote in elections
(Driver’s licenses, social security numbers facilitate improper registration, officials warn)
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 12, 2015
President Obama’s temporary deportation amnesty will make it easier for illegal immigrants to improperly register and vote in elections, state elections officials testified to Congress on Thursday, saying that the driver’s licenses and Social Security numbers they will be granted create a major voting loophole.
While stressing that it remains illegal for noncitizens to vote, secretaries of state from Ohio and Kansas said they won’t have the tools to sniff out illegal immigrants who register anyway, ignoring stiff penalties to fill out the registration forms that are easily available at shopping malls, motor vehicle bureaus and in curbside registration drives.
Anyone registering to vote attests that he or she is a citizen, but Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted said mass registration drives often aren’t able to give due attention to that part, and so illegal immigrants will still get through.
  • Like 1

More Republican paranoia.

The most sensible comment in that article is:

Rep. Stephen F. Lynch, Massachusetts Democrat, said he doubted illegal immigrants would risk running afoul of the law — which could get them deported — just to be an insignificant part of an election.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the petulance of hyperpartisan wingnuts, the DHS is set to shut down in a couple of days, even though (and as predicted) the courts stepped in to freeze the president's executive action. Meanwhile, ISIL just told its members to carry out a terrorist attack on the Mall of America. God forbid anything horrible happens.

DHS will not shut down. They employ 230,000 people with some 200,000 of them considered essential employees.

Only some 30,000 will be furloughed if they get no funding.

Maybe the administration can close some National Parks to teach the citizens a lesson.

• Like 2

This should get somebody's attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans say Obama giving immigrants 'amnesty bonuses'
Feb 14, 8:59 AM (ET)
By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
WASHINGTON (AP) — Millions of immigrants benefiting from President Barack Obama's executive actions could get a windfall from the IRS, a reversal of fortune after years of paying taxes to help fund government programs they were banned from receiving.
Armed with new Social Security numbers, many of these immigrants who were living in the U.S. illegally will now be able to claim up to four years' worth of tax credits designed to benefit the working poor. For big families, that's a maximum of nearly $24,000, as long as they can document their earnings during those years.
Some Republicans are labeling the payments "amnesty bonuses," one more reason they oppose Obama's program shielding millions of immigrants from deportation.

The tea party federal judge in Texas has himself said the case (he botched) is about the Administrative Procedure Act of 1946 (which is pretty well settled in law) and nothing else.

"The reasons for this injunction are set out in detail in the accompanying Memorandum Opinion and Order, but, to summarize, it is due to the failure of the Defendants to comply with the Administrative Procedure Act."

https://www.scribd.com/doc/255992850/Order-of-Temporary-Injunction-Texas-v-United-States

This is the judge's opinion that will be tested on appeal, to the US 5th Circuit Court of Appeals and very probably to the SCOTUS.

That being said as a matter of the record, the second of the two issues has to do with standing and in immigration law there is no case in 238 years that grants standing to a state on the basis of the doctrine of parens patriea, which means the states implement and fund their end of the federal laws pertaining to immigration.

Technically, the states got standing from the judge because they oppose the doctrine, which is the legal doctrine of the US federal system. This means the judge isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.....parens patriea means by the way....which means you guys who are the 50 states pay to implement federal laws too. This has been true for 238 years.

The judge also failed to address the president's authority over immigration on the basis of his exclusive authority and power to conduct the foreign affairs and the foreign policy of the United States, as expressed in Article III of the Constitution and in an entire 238 year-old body of SCOTUS case/common law. This means the judge put his blinders on from the moment he got the case.

Edited by Publicus

Then of course, the real reason for the amnesty. Illegal immigrants become illegal voters.

(Driver’s licenses, social security numbers facilitate improper registration, officials warn)
President Obama’s temporary deportation amnesty will make it easier for illegal immigrants to improperly register and vote in elections, state elections officials testified to Congress on Thursday, saying that the driver’s licenses and Social Security numbers they will be granted create a major voting loophole.
While stressing that it remains illegal for noncitizens to vote, secretaries of state from Ohio and Kansas said they won’t have the tools to sniff out illegal immigrants who register anyway, ignoring stiff penalties to fill out the registration forms that are easily available at shopping malls, motor vehicle bureaus and in curbside registration drives.
Anyone registering to vote attests that he or she is a citizen, but Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted said mass registration drives often aren’t able to give due attention to that part, and so illegal immigrants will still get through.

Who wants illegal aliens to vote when it is against the Constitution and against the laws of every state?

The states are in charge of elections, every election to include the president and vice president. Look at what happened in Florida in the 2000 election where the Florida governor's brother won election as president.

The federal government does not supervise or get involved at all in elections which are exclusively the matter of the states.

The 'Myth' of Voter Fraud Election law expert Tova Wang explains what voter ID laws are really about.

If you're asking whether there's fraud in the electoral system, yes, there is some, not a lot. If you're asking me if there is fraud at the polling place, then I would say no, we do not have a serious problem with fraud in this country.

We have seen an incredible wave of legislation since the 2010 elections, when Republicans took over a number of state legislatures. A number of states have passed ID legislation in the past year and a half or so. And now I think you're starting to see a backlash, particularly in the courts, where judges are looking at the evidence and saying, this is discriminatory, this is voter suppression, and there's no need for it.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/04/24/the-myth-of-voter-fraud

The tea party federal judge in Texas did not rule on the amnesty argument because there is nothing in the president's executive action pertaining to any kind of an amnesty.

Even this tea party federal judge said the political rhetoric abut "amnesty" had no bearing on the case because it is not a matter of law, rule, regulation, order, action by the president...amnesty isn't a part of the case because there isn't any amnesty in what the president is doing....

"Although what constitutes an amnesty program is obviously a matter of opinion, these opinions do not impact the court's decision."

https://www.scribd.com/document_downloads/direct/255994067?extension=pdf&ft=1424716947

The US hard right here is getting thrown under the bus by its own chosen guy, federal Judge Andrew Hanen down there in Texas. Judge Hanen basically said there is nothing in the president's executive action that establishes an amnesty, that all the gibberish about amnesty is political hot air opinion, not law, not a rule, not a regulation, nor an order, not an executive action not nuthin.

So there was nothing about amnesty for the judge or any judge anywhere to rule on.

In short, the constant hollering from the right that the president's immigration executive action is amnesty is only more political pulp and spam and that is all that it is.

This case is ultimately going to the SCOTUS and that is a good thing for the United States.

Edited by Publicus

The tea party federal judge in Texas did not rule on the amnesty argument because there is nothing in the president's executive action pertaining to any kind of an amnesty.

Even this tea party federal judge said the political rhetoric abut "amnesty" had no bearing on the case because it is not a matter of law, rule, regulation, order, action by the president...amnesty isn't a part of the case because there isn't any amnesty in what the president is doing....

"Although what constitutes an amnesty program is obviously a matter of opinion, these opinions do not impact the court's decision."

https://www.scribd.com/document_downloads/direct/255994067?extension=pdf&ft=1424716947

The US hard right here is getting thrown under the bus by its own chosen guy, federal Judge Andrew Hanen down there in Texas. Judge Hanen basically said there is nothing in the president's executive action that establishes an amnesty, that all the gibberish about amnesty is political hot air opinion, not law, not a rule, not a regulation, nor an order, not an executive action not nuthin.

So there was nothing about amnesty for the judge or any judge anywhere to rule on.

In short, the constant hollering from the right that the president's immigration executive action is amnesty is only more political pulp and spam and that is all that it is.

This case is ultimately going to the SCOTUS and that is a good thing for the United States.

Maybe someday you will learn how court actions work, but I doubt it. Judge Hanen did not bring about this suit on his own. He is ruling on what the states brought before him. And he is not a tea party member.

• Like 2

<<edited by poster to allow for additional material quotes>>

Maybe someday you will learn how court actions work, but I doubt it. Judge Hanen did not bring about this suit on his own. He is ruling on what the states brought before him. And he is not a tea party member.

The tea party is not a formal political party or organization. It is a term used to describe the beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, practices and the like of certain extremely conservative and reactionary Americans who emerged in February 2009 as severely hostile toward Prez Obama...before Prez Obama ever did anything.

The tea party judge was cherry picked by the 26 states led by Texas because in 2012 this judge had ruled against the Obama administration in an immigration border enforcement case in which Judge Hanen had engaged in harsh rhetoric against Prez Obama and his enforcement of immigration laws, to include the law of eminent domain which in that instance allowed the federal government to acquire land along the Texas border with Mexico to build more fence.

Judge Hanen who failed in his first nomination in 1992 to become a federal judge says Prez Obama is deliberately over running the United States with illegal immigrants. Hanen did not say why but others have stated their cynical views and anyone here can read them rather conveniently.

As for moi, I've been interacting with the US court system for several decades and teaching about it too, most notably since the Pentagon Papers case in 1971 which is the year after I got my undergraduate degree so simmer yourself down there rover.

Jasky bought an economy box of tea bags and posted one to every member of Congress. Other people did too. The practice spread so much so that by the time that CNBC reporter Rick Santelli made his famous rant on 19 February 2009, he did so standing in front of Chicago traders who all had tea bags stuck to their computer screens and phone banks.

Within 10 days of the rant, on 27 February, the first Tea Party rally was held in Washington, Chicago and other cities across the US. The tea party phenomenon had been born.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/05/us-midterm-elections-2010-tea-party-movement

http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1871.html

Edited by Publicus

What happened to the thread about Judge Hanen's ruling? Has it disappeared or simply vanished into the ether that is the internet?

Or has somebody simply decided to change the topic of this one?

Oh, here it is. I found it: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/801947-immigrants-feel-stuck-after-judge-blocks-obama-orders/

Edited by chuckd

Who wants illegal aliens to vote when it is against the Constitution and against the laws of every state?

The states are in charge of elections, every election to include the president and vice president. Look at what happened in Florida in the 2000 election where the Florida governor's brother won election as president.

The federal government does not supervise or get involved at all in elections which are exclusively the matter of the states.

The 'Myth' of Voter FraudElection law expert Tova Wang explains what voter ID laws are really about.

If you're asking whether there's fraud in the electoral system, yes, there is some, not a lot. If you're asking me if there is fraud at the polling place, then I would say no, we do not have a serious problem with fraud in this country.

We have seen an incredible wave of legislation since the 2010 elections, when Republicans took over a number of state legislatures. A number of states have passed ID legislation in the past year and a half or so. And now I think you're starting to see a backlash, particularly in the courts, where judges are looking at the evidence and saying, this is discriminatory, this is voter suppression, and there's no need for it.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/04/24/the-myth-of-voter-fraud

"Who wants illegal aliens to vote when it is against the Constitution and against the laws of every state?

The federal government does not supervise or get involved at all in elections which are exclusively the matter of the states."

The Democrats are the ones soliciting the Hispanic votes and blocking all the voter ID laws. It's as plain as the nose on your face.

What do you think the reaction would be if some state, or several states, were to suddenly pass legislation that required proof of citizenship before permitting an individual to vote?

I can hear the Sharpton, Jackson, La Raza howls of anguish already, along with the protestations from the liberal left that the Republicans are going crazy again.

The Harvard law professor industry would be up in arms about the constitutional rights of somebody, somewhere being deprived of their right to vote and Obama's Justice Department would have law suits filed before a Governor's ink was dry on the law.

PS: I didn't know until today that you were a teacher of the US court system for over 40 years. I am wondering when you got your LLB, or is one not required to teach law. Just curious.

From an earlier post you made here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/778128-obama-offer-to-5m-illegal-migrants/page-28#entry9109270

"As for moi, I've been interacting with the US court system for several decades and teaching about it too, most notably since the Pentagon Papers case in 1971 which is the year after I got my undergraduate degree so simmer yourself down there rover."

• Like 1

@

sdanielmcev

Maybe someday you will learn how court actions work, but I doubt it.

My somedays are well behind me thx and they are well learned.

@chuckd

Voter fraud in the US is myth.

As election law expert Tova Wang for only one points out, there is virtually no fraud at the polling stations or in US elections. There are some instances but they are unusual, are not widespread nor are they significant.

Trying to deflect the fact by trying to focus on the poster fails every time because it shows the weakness of the argument on the other side.

Voter fraud in the US is myth.

As election law expert Tova Wang for only one points out, there is virtually no fraud at the polling stations or in US elections. There are some instances but they are unusual, are not widespread nor are they significant.

Your source contradicts your claim. "There are some instances" means that there IS voter fraud. Bank robberies might not be "significant" either, but we still try to stop ALL of them.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1