Fake Phuket monks used donations for partying and drugs

webfact

There are several types of Monk.

1). Proper Monks

2) Novice Monks

3). Part time Monks

4) Fake monks

There could be more

When a woman makes a donation of food or other physical things to a Monk in a temple,

the Monk extends a cloth so she can place the donation on the cloth.

The Monk draws the cloth and gift towards him to accept it.

He can then take hold of the gift.

A proper Monk cannot allow a woman to touch him.

• Like 2

Very sad. The donations could have gone to building a much needed temple. Bigger. Better.

Why give money for more temples. Thailand already has 37,000 official temples and another about 20,000 to 30,000 illegal temples. Its enough.

Most monks use the donations to buy expensive phones, tablets, cars, houses for themselves, not use it for the temple purposes.

Open your eyes.

• Like 1

Thais and their merit making makes no sense. Its not like they are helping the society, its all for their own greed to have a better after life and wash away their sins. People would rather donate to temples than to orphanages or other welfare groups who truly need the money.

• Like 1

I was employing the use of sarcasm.

Monks can not buy themselves phones and tablets and cars. Everyone knows this. (please see above)

Very sad. The donations could have gone to building a much needed temple. Bigger. Better.

Why give money for more temples. Thailand already has 37,000 official temples and another about 20,000 to 30,000 illegal temples. Its enough.

Most monks use the donations to buy expensive phones, tablets, cars, houses for themselves, not use it for the temple purposes.

Open your eyes.

Thailand doesn't need any more bigger and better Wats. It needs these multi-millionaire wats to give back some baht to the poor Thais.

I agree wholeheartedly, also I have noticed that some monks are being driven around in the likes of Fortuners etc, far below their status, surely a Benz as a minimum is more appropriate?

A brilliant idea. I have owned a Benz myself and they are superb to drive. Lovely styling and lines. An excess worth every baht. Every monk should have one.

• Like 1

"No Contact With Women"??? - I have witnessed Monks in secret sexual meetings with women!

Hmmmm wasn't much of a 'secret' if you witnessed it was it???, okay, I'll go back to my Beer on the Balcony now..................coffee1.gif

I fully support these two monks and would gladly give them nothing, lets face it being a voluntary beggar over nothing certainly isn't as fun as begging or takeing alms and spendin them on drugs n girls.

a monk does what?

shave they head

walk barefoot

shave eye brows

take vow of poverty as working begging pays poorly

take money and go get a girl and some yaba

if that isn't the recipe for nirvana then what is

I don't support monks on cell phones smoking cigerates or find it that woe inspiriing to see grown men walk at a certain time a day void of a nice pair of shoes and a bowl of which not to beg for food with but simply to say nothing while holding it up in front of old women prostrating on the street in front of them to fill up with kitchen scraps.

as a affirmational nihilist just like all modern people I do commend these two 'fake' I say real monks, well done boys.

Edited by Leviathan