Advice needed for Filipino nanny - Fix overstay + get long term visa

Hi all,

we moved to Thailand and took our Filipino nanny with us on a tourist visa delivered by the Thai embassy in Singapore.

She entered Thailand on september 27 and should have been given 2 months but i just saw today that she was given only 1 month (Stamp says 26 Oct), so technically she is on overstay!

to add to the confusion, her passport was just above the 6 months validity when she entered (valid till 30 March 2015).

She have applied for a new passport here in Bangkok but this should be ready only by mid december.

My intention was to 1/apply for 30 days extension 2/get her a student visa to keep her with us.

What can I do now?

Thanks for your advices!

If the stamp was a mistake she can have it corrected at immigration and get the correct permission to stay.

She is not allowed to work without a work permit.

Thanks Mario2008, didn t know she can have it changed, good to know!

I know she s not allowed to work, any advice on how we can get her a proper visa? I did call one of the sponsors of this forum and was told they don t deal with Filipinos, not possible to get a work permit for a nanny, i have also checked with foreign nanny agencies who said the only option (apart from setting up a company, blablabla...) is a student visa to be allowed to stay.

If the stamp was a mistake she can have it corrected at immigration and get the correct permission to stay.

I know she s not allowed to work,

But you don't care and pay her anyhow.

I know she s not allowed to work, any advice on how we can get her a proper visa? I did call one of the sponsors of this forum and was told they don t deal with Filipinos, not possible to get a work permit for a nanny, i have also checked with foreign nanny agencies who said the only option (apart from setting up a company, blablabla...) is a student visa to be allowed to stay.

Why would you get her a ED visa if she is working? Not only is it not allowed to work with that visa, but she must go to school most days in the week

I know she s not allowed to work, any advice on how we can get her a proper visa? I did call one of the sponsors of this forum and was told they don t deal with Filipinos,

Is this Thai Visa Services ? They advertise a budget visa run for Philippinos.

I know she s not allowed to work,

But you don't care and pay her anyhow.

yep, and being sarcastic is so easy

I know she s not allowed to work, any advice on how we can get her a proper visa? I did call one of the sponsors of this forum and was told they don t deal with Filipinos,

Is this Thai Visa Services ? They advertise a budget visa run for Philippinos.

can t remember agency name, I spoke to a German guy (very nice and straightfoward by the way)

She does not speak Thai and I am looking for a comfortable option for her, rather stay away from a "special offer for Filipinos"

Why not just send her on a cheap flight out of the country every 90 days and let her stay as a tourist? She could get 60 day visa in Singapore, extend 30 more when that runs out, then send her to Singapore on a visa run and repeat as needed.

Same as previous answer, i am looking for a more comfortable option for her, and i am also dubious at how many times she could do that before being stopped at immigration, everytime we came in for holidays before, her passport was carefully scrutinized.

When I speak with my Thai relatives, I can feel the "Filipinos are the main threat to Thais in Thailand because they speak english and take low pay"...

Note that she will need to study for 2 hours a day, 4 days a week, to be able to get an ED-visa and extensions.

That s aanother issue, I guess schools don t really care about attendance, do they?

Yes, they do. Immigration is getting very strict. In Phuket immigration now makes checks at the schools regarding attendence.

She does not speak Thai and I am looking for a comfortable option for her, rather stay away from a "special offer for Filipinos"

Since your use of quotes cast a shadow to the operation of the the forum sponsor (that has a good reputation) and often contributes with here with practical and reliable information, I think it's due to clarify something - the offer mentioned consist of using a different van and shared rooms for the trip. That allows to save some money that for a person of little income is important.

• Like 1

Since your use of quotes cast a shadow to the operation of the the forum sponsor (that has a good reputation) and often contributes with here with practical and reliable information, I think it's due to clarify something - the offer mentioned consist of using a different van and shared rooms for the trip. That allows to save some money that for a person of little income is important.

sorry didn't mean to offence, and anything to help is welcomed, i find it clumsy to advertise a low cost package as a Filipino package