Pattaya Floating Market - is it free entrance again....?

canarysun

• 1 month later...

I was there today and was charged 200 Baht, and to be honest, its just a load of old ''Tatt''' inside....

Just the usual crap...

wont be going back again thats for sure..

It was not busy, just a few ''Chinese Tourists'' following the Flag as usual..

• Like 1

I was there today and was charged 200 Baht, and to be honest, its just a load of old ''Tatt''' inside....

Just the usual crap...

Did you try to show your Thai ID ? I think it will be free entrance again once the low season kicks in.

• Like 1

Just the usual crap...

Did you try to show your Thai ID ? I think it will be free entrance again once the low season kicks in.

It wouldn't have made any difference whether he had Thai ID or not but dont you have any sense of shame in encouraging him to go to a place that is flagrantly ripping Farangs off with the racist charging of Farangs when there is no charge against Thais ?

facepalm.gif

I live nearby and been there at least 3 times for free with my Thai ID. The changes they made recently could be only temporarily , we'll soon find out, Also be aware that if you pay 200 baht the first time you'll get a floating market "passport" so you can visit for free the next time and forever. Unfortunately I lost it or else I would have been back last month.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Having passed by frequently I can't envisage any sum of money paid TO me that might entice me to enter either place under discussion.

Interestingly the new water park further along, gives reductions on it's costly entrance fees to WP holders and Diplomats. I'm sure the diplomats need discounts for their expense .

accounts.

Brochures were left at our condo, with contact info, the 'phones rang unanswered and the email address was bounced.

One redeeming feature was that annual tickets appeared to be at giveaway prices.

It's another place I pass frequently, it is still a work in progress with never more than a dozen people using it.

• Like 1

good point balo

sometimes with the right attitude and just an ss card or tax id

you CAN get thai prices at places

speaking a little thai may help too

persistence sometimes helps

or move UP the chain of command

There isn't any Thai price at the floating market, the entrance fee of 200baht is just for Farangs.

After you pay the entrance free you receive a Pattaya floating market passport that lets you in free anytime you return.

If, by some stretch of the imagination, you would ever consider returning.

Perhaps they should use the 'try it before you buy it' approach. First entry free any subsequent entry costs. If they are so convinced it is value for money then they should make a packet.....NOT.