Montien buffet

Me Yank

I can.

Has it started again after the summer break?

Thank you for the info. Which has the best sea food baffet, the hilton or the montien? The price is very close. The hilton1.100 net and the montien 995 net. Also,the hilton is friday and the montein is saturday

A good reason to try both!

Personally I think the Montien is best of the two, as far as evening and seafood requirements go, though they also have non-seafood things in it. Cape Dara does a Saturday buffet with some seafood that isnt bad at about 800B.

The Royal Cliff at around 1450B is also very good, but isn't exclusively seafood (they have so much different stuff there that it doesn't matter). And the Sheraton round the corner has a seafood buffet also, but it's somewhat overpriced now. Both Saturdays.

• Like 1

Did the Montien change its time and pricing? Last time I went there (much TOO long ago!), it was on Sundays from 11:00 - 15:00. And the price was 11 for the food buffet, and another 1500 for the wine buffet. Is it on Saturdays now, and cheaper?

I'm a seafood nut. (Born and raised in Boston, MA.) I really love the Alaskan King Crab legs at Montien. Add in the large "peel-and-eat" shrimp, the oysters, the sushi bar, plus the cooked to order grilled options, and I couldn't be happier!

A good reason to try both!

Personally I think the Montien is best of the two, as far as evening and seafood requirements go, though they also have non-seafood things in it. Cape Dara does a Saturday buffet with some seafood that isnt bad at about 800B.

The Royal Cliff at around 1450B is also very good, but isn't exclusively seafood (they have so much different stuff there that it doesn't matter). And the Sheraton round the corner has a seafood buffet also, but it's somewhat overpriced now. Both Saturdays.

Will try this Saturday' Do they honor the gold card for 10% discout?

OOPS! Sorry. I was thinking of the Mantra buffet; not the Montien. All my comments relate to the Mantra Sunday buffet.

Ah. I thought I would have known if the Montien had a Sunday lunchtime thing.

I think the Mantra is now 1600++, so nearly 2000B.

Last winter it was Saturday evening from 6pm, and 995B. Sounds like it's the same this high season. I dont remember any Alaskan crabs though, and I dont know about the wine prices.

They did have crab legs and he new time is 6:30 open.

Yes, they had crab legs but I didnt remember the label saying they were from Alaska. The other poster has since explained that he was thinking about the Mantra and so the crabs at the Montien are presumably local as one would expect at that price. Nothing wrong with that though.

Thanks for the new time info.

Last winter it was Saturday evening from 6pm, and 995B. Sounds like it's the same this high season. I dont remember any Alaskan crabs though, and I dont know about the wine prices.

Yes, they had crab legs but I didnt remember the label saying they were from Alaska. The other poster has since explained that he was thinking about the Mantra and so the crabs at the Montien are presumably local as one would expect at that price. Nothing wrong with that though.

Thanks for the new time info.

You are right. Not alaskan King legs, but local.

Ate last night at the Montien Hotel and the seafood buffet is great and is the best in town for the price Also, they will honor the card[gold card] for a 10% discount. I am sad to see the Hotel become history. The 30 year lease ends april 2015' The new owner of the property will tear down the Montien Hotel and build a new hotel, a condo building. and a shopping mall. This high season will the last chance to tray the buffet.

• Like 1

Ate last night at the Montien Hotel and the seafood buffet is great and is the best in town for the price Also, they will honor the card[gold card] for a 10% discount. I am sad to see the Hotel become history. The 30 year lease ends april 2015' The new owner of the property will tear down the Montien Hotel and build a new hotel, a condo building. and a shopping mall. This high season will the last chance to tray the buffet.

Absolutely.

The new places aren't a patch on the design and style and general class of the old ones. I remember enjoying the seafood buffet at the Montien about 30 years ago and it will be a shame to see it go.