Had 3 wives all married Australia.

Jeab 1981-1999= 18 years 3 sons

Last 2 years of marriage had mia noi Ped

Pu 1999-2007= 8 years 1 son

El 2007-current

Last 2 years current mia noi

Do I win admiration or scorn?

Admiration, from me at least.

This isn't a competition. I am just trying to debunk the concept that Thai wives are bad news.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

. "I am just trying to debunk the concept that Thai wives are bad news"

What will you do for an encore, prove that there's life on Venus?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

El 2007-current

This isn't a competition. I am just trying to debunk the concept that Thai wives are bad news.

Thanks.

If you go to the bottom of the page you will see a "start new topic" button.

Go for it.

• Like 1

El 2007-current

So El is on her way out?

El 2007-current

So El is on her way out?

El is deaths do part, she knows about the other and as we are both the same age accepts the mai noi custom.

My question would be, how many wives have Thai men had? Or is it different? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A very large % of Thai men have mia nois. It is an accepted practice in the Kingdom. And has been for hundreds of years. Some men these days can have as many as 3 or 4 mia nois, but you have to have the money to support them or they are gone. Thus it is generally the elite who have this number. And believe me they do.

And for the newbies, don't mix-up mia nois with gigs. These relationships should defined as the Thais themselves see them.

Mia nois are supported with generally is a regular salary, whereas a gig is just a f***k-buddy you see every now and again, no strings attached . And then a girlfriend is much the same as anywhere else. A mia yai (big/larger wife) is usually your first wife, a normal live-in wife. Maybe married by a state wedding or just a ceremony in the Wat. A mia noi is a defacto wife. Mia noi means small or lesser wife. They don't live in the same house as the mia yia (although I have seen the contrary), but in a separate supported residence. Generally the mia noi is 20 to 30 years younger than the mia yia. I know some guys have taken their mia nois to the Wat for a blessing, so show their commitment.

Got it ? thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

El 2007-current

Thanks.

Go for it.

Pity there isn't a "lighten up and get a sense of humour button"

My question would be, how many wives have Thai men had? Or is it different? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

A very large % of Thai men have mia nois. It is an accepted practice in the Kingdom. And has been for hundreds of years. Some men these days can have as many as 3 or 4 mia nois, but you have to have the money to support them or they are gone. Thus it is generally the elite who have this number. And believe me they do.

And for the newbies, don't mix-up mia nois with gigs. These relationships should defined as the Thais themselves see them.

Mia nois are supported with generally is a regular salary, whereas a gig is just a f***k-buddy you see every now and again, no strings attached . And then a girlfriend is much the same as anywhere else. A mia yai (big/larger wife) is usually your first wife, a normal live-in wife. Maybe married by a state wedding or just a ceremony in the Wat. A mia noi is a defacto wife. Mia noi means small or lesser wife. They don't live in the same house as the mia yia (although I have seen the contrary), but in a separate supported residence. Generally the mia noi is 20 to 30 years younger than the mia yia. I know some guys have taken their mia nois to the Wat for a blessing, so show their commitment.

Got it ? thumbsup.gif

Seeing as you are trying to educate people, wouldn’t it be more appropriate to use the correct terminology? Mia Luang is the correct term and is more broadly used in polite society to refer to one’s legal wife as opposed to a mistress.

• Like 2

What will you do for an encore, prove that there's life on Venus?If you go to the bottom of the page you will see a "start new topic" button.

Go for it.

I'm sure most of us don't take these posts seriously. I had a smile when I was posting it.

Good reply.

• Like 1

Go for it.

I'm sure most of us don't take these posts seriously. I had a smile when I was posting it.

Good reply.

Sorry sipi, my mistake, must be developing Thai Visa vision

Only one going on 11 years in January and most westerners I know ony have had one

The difference being most Westerners that I know are relatively unfulfilled in their relationships, whereas most men living in Thailand seem to have pretty decent relationships with women that don't believe in making them jump over ridiculously high hurdles and don't believe in causing them untold misery on a daily basis. Big difference in my book.

The difference being most Westerners that I know are relatively unfulfilled in their relationships, whereas most men living in Thailand seem to have pretty decent relationships with women that don't believe in making them jump over ridiculously high hurdles and don't believe in causing them untold misery on a daily basis. Big difference in my book.

Doesn't look that way from where I'm standing. I know plenty of people in happy relationships back home. A quick scan of these pages tells you plenty about how badly relationships can go here.

Some people make good choices. Some make bad. This holds true the world over.

• Like 1

Got it ? thumbsup.gif

Seeing as you are trying to educate people, wouldn’t it be more appropriate to use the correct terminology? Mia Luang is the correct term and is more broadly used in polite society to refer to one’s legal wife as opposed to a mistress.

You are right. And I should have pointed that out. But I was trying to get all the terminology in the same context, in polite conversation where you may be using the term Mia Luang, you would not even be talking about mia nois or gigs and such, would you ? I'm not trying to tell people how to suck eggs but you do see a lot of guys new to the Kingdom who on this forum don't get the full story from talking to supposed experts (which even after 34 years I am not). And notice that I did say "defined as the Thais themselves see them". Thai men do use the term Mia Yai among themselves in general conversations, you would not when talking to your wife's grandmother.

• Like 1

Go for it.

Good reply.

Sorry sipi, my mistake, must be developing Thai Visa vision

Pardon GrumbleWeed. Not only do I manage to stuff my responses up, but I have a new phone too and am still getting used to it.

Hey, all good. Thanks for your reply.

What about the wife? How many western men she had before you?

If your wife is from a bar, that is DEFINITELY a question you do not

want to know the answer to .... :-)

Do you play golf? Do you practice? Why?

I was in Manila a long time ago, and the mamasan at a gogo bar was trying to get me to go

with a virgin girl. I put a serious look on my face, and told her that if I needed an operation,

would I be better off with a new doctor who had never performed the operation before,

or a doctor who had done the operation many times before. She burst out laughing

and agreed the experienced doctor would do a better job... :-)

• Like 1

Three before I found the right 'one' .... the others were scamming, didn't take long to leave them behind. Only married the right 'one' legally though, the others were traditional home weddings. When it came time to part, i just dropped them for the liars they were. Shame, but glad i found out and even gladder i found the right 'one' (7 years and counting)

• Like 1

One thing I am 100% sure of....IF, and I hope not, I need to find another wife, she will NOT have kid baggage......100% sure...sad.png

It's shopping. Decide what you want, what features you want, look about, and accept no less. Shopping is half the fun.

But the problem is that there are always new models coming out and the old ones go obsolete so quickly.... w00t.gif

Obese ....you must mean.....

Hmmmm, what a concept, "Obesolete."

• Like 2