Thailand's NACC seeks life ban for false asset filings

webfact

Life time ban: Excellent idea.

Carrying guns: Not such a good idea. Make the police do their jobs.

Having a separate force for arresting suspects in criminal proceedings makes sense. Trying to arrest local political bosses using local police?

So who were the guy's that protested and declined to give their list of assets???????

seems to be a Good for others but not good for me situation going on here, but hey TIT.....

we are all equal, some are more equal than others.

They all declared their assets ... in the end.

Let's hope that in the interests of fairness, proper criminal charges are laid and convictions brought down before assets are seized, unlike in America. Also, when assets are seized, they should be thoroughly vetted and audited. It seems that when assets are seized, there is no proper scrutiny to decide whether additional criminal charges can be laid if those assets are deemed to have been acquired by illegal means. They are simply seized, and that's the end of it.

Let's hope that in the interests of fairness, proper criminal charges are laid and convictions brought down before assets are seized, unlike in America. Also, when assets are seized, they should be thoroughly vetted and audited. It seems that when assets are seized, there is no proper scrutiny to decide whether additional criminal charges can be laid if those assets are deemed to have been acquired by illegal means. They are simply seized, and that's the end of it.

I don't think they're talking about seizing any assets.

• Like 1

>>The bill would let NACC agents carry firearms when making arrests and also receive the same self-defence and weapons-shooting training that the police get at the Police Academy.<<Quote

So the supposedly good guy's, the NACC agents, are going to learn how handle weopons by Chalerm son, who got away with murder and became a shooting-instructor at the Police Academy!!

Only in Thailand!! Who need fiction, when living in Thai reality??rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

>>."Many times we know the whereabouts of the suspects but we do not have the power to arrest them, as we have to coordinate with police. This is a loophole that enables suspects to escape,'' he said.<< Quote

Clearly Thaivisa-posters are not the only ones with no confidence in the RTP!!

"As we have to coordinate with police, this is a loophole that enables the suspects to escape"whistling.gif

Maybe the NACC should have a look at the RTP for starters??

• Like 2

They should all be banned for life for vote-buying and abusing their positions for personal or political gain and for any criminal behavior if it is proven they are associated with it.

But that would leave the Government House empty!!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

They should all be banned for life for vote-buying and abusing their positions for personal or political gain and for any criminal behavior if it is proven they are associated with it.

No for vote buying, the buyer should get a jail term and his and his family assets (unless it can be proof that this assets aren't his) should be seized.

The vote seller should be stripped of voting rights for life and should pay 10x what he received.

This would narrow things down a bit IF it were to be enforced. wai2.gif

I agree, the first thing that crossed my mind was "what politician is going to vote for this". They won't even force the people in the NLA to reveal their assets, never mind tell the truth about them.

This would narrow things down a bit IF it were to be enforced. wai2.gif

I agree, the first thing that crossed my mind was "what politician is going to vote for this". They won't even force the people in the NLA to reveal their assets, never mind tell the truth about them.

I think you will find that the NLA did.