'Billions' of Baht worth of assets found at Thai CIB chief's home

webfact

It's the new Army "tax".

I guess there is many rich (corrupt)people moving money about right now especially if you aren't friends with a certain person. It would be good if he was a Robin Hood character ie the poor would get it but I'm a afraid he's just a Robbin' git ....now you know why they fight so hard and dirty to be in charge of the country,some Thai officials are so rich it's unbelievable and scary actually.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

/Mod edit: 11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

so whats the frikin point if this forum then ,just to kiss thai backsides like most mods do grow so balls thai visa or is fredom of speach parred also
  • Like 2

Amazing Thailand indeed. This guy makes that transportation guy that had millions of baht

of cash in boxes under his bed look like small potatoes. Billions of baht ? Wow, no wonder

this is a poor country, all the money is being siphoned off by the elite. But this guy did

not accumulate that amount of money without a whole lot of help, will be curious to see who

else is caught in the net. and whether or not they go to jail.

what was the outcome in the case of transport guy I may have missed it.?

General warning for all members... from the Forum Rules:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

"or law enforcement system"

What the whole idea of bringing this topic to the posters, if we are not allowed to comment on it??

Since this topic is about a law enforcement officer allegedly in possession of more than 1 billion baht, I guess we can expect some posts to be on the negative side!!

All within the framework of common sense ofcourse!!

Common sense is the issue.

Some of the comments in this topic have been pretty derogatory and have had to be deleted.

ThaiVisa is also mindful of defamation.

And another rule which must be considered in topics like this:

You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Given this, we ask that Forum members discussions are sensible and carefully worded.

• Like 2

Now if I was going to have billions in cash, gold bars, amulets and land deeds that I had amassed illegally I would not be stashing it in my house, but in a Swiss bank or the Canary Islands, Something's not quite right possibly, If they are indeed dirty then let them pay dearly for their crimes, but if this is something other like removing opponents then buckle up people cause Kansas is going bye bye.

How good would it be if all the corrupt thai's amassing huge wealth was caught stripped of all their assets and given hard labour, and the money used to help the poor.

And the best way to help the poor would be to use the money to increase police salaries to a more liveable level so they didn't need to supplement them through corruption.

That's a joke right ?????

Often stated, but a false and highly unbelievable solution......Doing that would just make them lazier..... they would get a higher salary and still perpetrate the corruption practices..... If you sincerely believe what you stated , you're around to many smokers

• Like 2

1 billion baht in cash

What a disgusting piece of sh*t

When are Thais going to take to the streets and demand the police force is ripped up from the roots and reformed

Well, the military has said that freedom of speech will only be restored after September 2015. That should give you some idea...

Is it too much too hope for that Mr.Yoobamrung will be caught in this net also? Quite how he is still a free man is mind-boggling.

Like his mentor, he knows or is told where many secerts are buried, he has access to cash (ill gotten) to pay out as required, to stay under the radar. He has run before from the Thai authorities and took advantage of statue of limitation law, but the net seems to be closing on the likes of him and his associates. If this government would hit the various cabinets and its members of the last government, their approval rating may approach 99% of the good/honest people of Thailand.This man and the ex science minister would be the first to start with, just due to their self importance attitude. They both have mooned, given the finger of defience to Thailand and her people so many times that " no quarter' should be considered/given.

• Like 2

Well well well - i guess most of us was wrong, looks like there are going to be some cleanup after all, good!

It will set a good example down the ranks. About time some of the big boys got named....

Let's hope the boys in green have the courage to clean up a bit in their own camp, as well rolleyes.gif

As old cynic who always rant that nothing is going to change, I must admit something is changing.....

Are you certain or is it wishful thinking? Are these officers aligned with an overthrown PM? No such thing as neutral so if they aren't so aligned, then it would indeed give one reason to believe change may be at hand. Otherwise, it is just the same old selective enforcement all over again based on who is in power.

So the Koh Tao case has convinced virtually the entire TV community that few words coming from the top of the RTP pyramid can be taken as truth, but here we go all out buying into whatever the same people feed us in what is most likely a political and certainly a highly suspicious case.

And then it is the Thai that get accused of lacking critical thinking abilities.

• Like 1

Is it too much too hope for that Mr.Yoobamrung will be caught in this net also? Quite how he is still a free man is mind-boggling.

Like his mentor, he knows or is told where many secerts are buried, he has access to cash (ill gotten) to pay out as required, to stay under the radar. He has run before from the Thai authorities and took advantage of statue of limitation law, but the net seems to be closing on the likes of him and his associates. If this government would hit the various cabinets and its members of the last government, their approval rating may approach 99% of the good/honest people of Thailand.This man and the ex science minister would be the first to start with, just due to their self importance attitude. They both have mooned, given the finger of defience to Thailand and her people so many times that " no quarter' should be considered/given.

So you would only consider enforcing corruption measures against one political party? You should run for office. You'd fit in perfectly with the it ain't corruption if we do it mindset..

So the Koh Tao case has convinced virtually the entire TV community that few words coming from the top of the RTP pyramid can be taken as truth, but here we go all out buying into whatever the same people feed us in what is most likely a political and certainly a highly suspicious case.

And then it is the Thai that get accused of lacking critical thinking abilities.

So then using your highly critical thinking abilities, can you share with us your hunches and intuitive insightful thoughts? Could make a great 8th post.