Rooneys Magic Start To The Season

lampard10

From soccernet.

Rooney sent-off in Man United friendly

Wayne Rooney was sensationally sent off three minutes from half-time in Manchester United's pre-season friendly against FC Porto in Amsterdam.

CliveBrunskill/GettyImages

Wayne Rooney trudges off the pitch.

The England striker had scored a sublime goal for the Red Devils before jumping for a header with Porto defender Pepe's and receiving a red card for a raised arm.

The England man was stunned to see the red card brandished in his face once more - just as it was the last time he faced Portuguese opposition in the World Cup just over a month ago.

Reds manager Sir Alex Ferguson was clearly furious with the referee's dubious decision but Rooney had no choice but to head for the dressing room after waiting in vain to see the incident again on the giant TV screen.

Paul Scholes was also sent off, for a late challenge, but it was unclear if it was a second-yellow card offence or a straight red.

I initially put WR in my Dream Team this year, but then I booted him out.

He is valued at the same price as Henry in "The Sun Dream Team", but my concern is not if he can score goals (He Can) but how many games he will miss through suspension.

I decided on Henry and Bellamy up front and put the money I saved on Rooney on Lampard

Get a grip fella's, did you see the incident? Rooneys eyes were on the ball the whole time and, how would you ever get off the ground if you didn't push up with your arms.

Don't blow this out of proportion. The tackle on Carrick was far worse and went unpunished...!

redrus

Get a grip fella's, did you see the incident? Rooneys eyes were on the ball the whole time and, how would you ever get off the ground if you didn't push up with your arms.

Don't blow this out of proportion. The tackle on Carrick was far worse and went unpunished...!

redrus

That's exactly what I am saying...........................................he's going to be treated unfairly for the rest of his football career. Look at Dennis Wise, Patrick Viera, sent off reguarly for innocuous challenges. Can he take it is the question.