Euros in high denomination.

Hi, someone told me today that they were not accepting 200 and 500 euro notes in Thailand ? I can hardly believe this is true, but I'd rather ask advice, as I usually carry a few to pay my rent in advance when I arrive.

Obviously I use new notes supplied from my bank..

I've asked a question earlier on today about opening a bank account. Does anyone know if I can open a euro account ? I have only a double entry tourist visa as I spend around 4 months in Thailand every year. Thank you all for your help.

Considering banks will generally no longer issue 500 Euro notes to the ordinary man in the street due to money laundering issues, unless there is a very good reason to do, so I'm surprised that you usually carry a few around with you.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Whatever you have, if you want to exchange it for Thai Baht, look for SuperRich, mentioned often, and see what they have to say. Also, check with Vasu, near Soi 7, Sukhumvit, Nana BTS Station, also mentioned fairly often. Next try the main branches of Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn etc., if they won't exchange it, then a good opportunity to ask about a Euro account.

Again, this, and many similar topics, discussed numerous times.

Edited by beechguy

Considering banks will generally no longer issue 500 Euro notes to the ordinary man in the street due to money laundering issues, unless there is a very good reason to do, so I'm surprised that you usually carry a few around with you.

more rubbish derived form British rainbow/scandal press. you can get any amount of €-500 notes even from your Thai bank. order 2-3 days in advance required.

Edited by Naam

more rubbish derived form British rainbow/scandal press. you can get any amount of €-500 notes even from your Thai bank. order 2-3 days in advance required.

To quote your own post,"...you can get any amount of €-500 notes...",

"more rubbish..."

Whatever you have, if you want to exchange it for Thai Baht, look for SuperRich, mentioned often, and see what they have to say. Also, check with Vasu, near Soi 7, Sukhumvit, Nana BTS Station, also mentioned fairly often. Next try the main branches of Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn etc., if they won't exchange it, then a good opportunity to ask about a Euro account.

Again, this, and many similar topics, discussed numerous times.

Is that SuperRich here ...

http://www.superrich1965.com/location.php

or here...

http://superrichthai.com/contact.aspx

or is it the same organisation ?

To quote your own post,"...you can get any amount of €-500 notes...",

"more rubbish..."

perhaps your problem is that you can't afford a €500 note tongue.png