Former CIB chief demands 3-5 million baht each from officers wanting promotions

webfact

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pleasure to have seen what's going on, but this is not even scratching the surface. You want a promotion at a school? Pay. Promotion at a bank? Pay. Promotion at the local council? Pay. Promotion anywhere? Pay. Dirty money has taken over the country and, unfortunately, there is no way out.

Millions and millions are involved in some kind of bribery.

There is a way out,, it will take a long time and a change in attitude and maybe culture but it can happen.. Just look at Hong Kong before the ICAC were formed, now it is very clean and corruption is frowned upon.

There need to be more head rolling though, many more, and it needs to be publicised constantly. Also, honesty and integrity need to be drummed into the school kids and teenagers today to ensure that Thailand doesn't breed a new generation of thieves.

I really hope that this is not just an exercise in nailing someone because they have upset some senior body,, I hope its a genuine case that they have found these guys..

Still good for Thailand,,

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes....so now this all makes sense...i always thought the notion of an annual reshuffle was absurd and without precedent anywhere else in the world....but i could never understand the reason for it...

"that they were unfairly treated in their annual reshuffles"

It makes perfect sense now...reshuffle everyone each year so that you get the chance for a regular payday...no reshuffle, no annual bonus!!

At least that mystery is now solved.

Amazing Thailand....always amazes me that they have no limits...they simply do not understand the concept of "where to draw the line".

Shuffle an entire police force once per year so you can ask everyone for a huge bribe every year instead of every few years...truly mind blowing in its audacity

• Like 1

thailand is entering a new era. Eyes from all over the world are critically looking.

they finally must realize they cannot escape globalization.

these thugs were not even aware of the international goings ons.

leaving all his stash in his home proves that he felt himself to be a God and above all law.

he is a stupid crook.

may he be a good example for Thailand that there is no one above the law.

all you guys go down eventually. you better come clean now.

And of course nothing like this ever ever happened whilst under government of Democrats and their permutations.... right

Funny thing is, that the former CIB Chief Pongsat (the 1 billion man) got his topjob by Abhisit in 2010!!coffee1.gif

Red or yellow,really doesn't matter, they are all equally rotten!!

• Like 1

Keep up the good work, P.M. Prayut, everyone with a brain is behind you smile.png The levels of greed of some of these guys is almost beyond belief !

Before you get too excited, try to do a little research on Somyot Pumpanmuang, the new National Chief of Police, handpicked by Prayuth!!

Pay special attention to the economic status of the new "broom".

Please report your findings back here!!coffee1.gif

So finally they discovered what was a well known public secret for a few decades already.

I like many of us have been hearing for years how Police have to pay large sums of money to get promoted to senior positions. But what is a 2-5 million payout when the returns are far greater.

nothing new here been going on for 40 years that I know of...instead of sweeping up old matters that are commonly known about; why not DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT <deleted>

Indeed, it has nothing at all to do with corruption, it is more akin to the Rohm purge and the Night of The Long Knives, it is simply eliminating your enemies.

• Like 2

Am a bit surprised by the LM accusations being leveled. It would appear that these

guys were all about money, why would they rock the boat with LM statements ??

Maybe in a corrupt country, corruption charges do not really stick. If you want

to put someone away for a long time, throw in a few LM charges...

Yes, confused me a bit too - I'm wondering if the LM charges relate to actions rather than actual statements.

It might be alleged that as the culprits are the top brass in the Royal Thai Police, then any illegal actions that they take on behalf of their service could be seen to be bringing the Royal Family into disrepute perhaps?

Interesting to see the details when they emerge................

Haha I have thought that for many years here, that appending the word Royal in front of the words Thai Police is the ultimate case of LM. But I guess people here just got used to it....

Ditto the above. I've been trying to get a copy of the oath these people take. I understand it involves swearing loyalty and honesty and all that, so I'm curious to know why LM charges aren't laid when a civil servant etc gets nobbled - for breaking the oath to the King. I've asked my Thai colleagues, but have never received a proper answer. Used properly, it could be a powerful weapon against corruption.

Applaud this; but only if these Officers all receive long prison terms with the everyday prisoner. No doubt they will take the cowards way out and commit suicide, like one has already done. A la Hitler. Good riddance to this scum that have done nothing for the everyday Thai.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work, P.M. Prayut, everyone with a brain is behind you smile.png The levels of greed of some of these guys is almost beyond belief !

Before you get too excited, try to do a little research on Somyot Pumpanmuang, the new National Chief of Police, handpicked by Prayuth!!

Being rich like Smyot of Prayuth's father is not a crime.

Being corrupted like Thaksin is.

• Like 1

It would be great if General Prayut hired a forensic accounting team, and worked out

where all that money came from. Oh guess that will not be happening.....

A forensic team needs piles of papertrail to work from. I doubt that these bribes were handledvwith a treacherous paper trail. Except the infamous brown envelopes ;)

Am a bit surprised by the LM accusations being leveled. It would appear that these

guys were all about money, why would they rock the boat with LM statements ??

Maybe in a corrupt country, corruption charges do not really stick. If you want

to put someone away for a long time, throw in a few LM charges...

LM charges are the best way to get a conviction......whether true or not!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh yes....so now this all makes sense...i always thought the notion of an annual reshuffle was absurd and without precedent anywhere else in the world....but i could never understand the reason for it...

"that they were unfairly treated in their annual reshuffles"

It makes perfect sense now...reshuffle everyone each year so that you get the chance for a regular payday...no reshuffle, no annual bonus!!

At least that mystery is now solved.

Amazing Thailand....always amazes me that they have no limits...they simply do not understand the concept of "where to draw the line".

Shuffle an entire police force once per year so you can ask everyone for a huge bribe every year instead of every few years...truly mind blowing in its audacity

I've given the RTP corruption issue a lot of thought over the last few years, but you have just put a whole new slant on how they increase revenue. A well thought out conclusion. Congratulations. Edited by joebrown

Dont know about the 2 you mention, but i do remember reading something about someone buying 360 million baht worth in shares on the set?

Can i have some of that coffee now :0)

Edited by tingtongtourist

It's a pleasure to have seen what's going on, but this is not even scratching the surface. You want a promotion at a school? Pay. Promotion at a bank? Pay. Promotion at the local council? Pay. Promotion anywhere? Pay. Dirty money has taken over the country and, unfortunately, there is no way out.

I am of the impression that said scratch is being dutifully buffed up at the moment and will be invisible soon enough. That goes for others on the take and pay your way up people, all of that is being totally buffed, nothing to see here, moving on.

Being rich like Smyot of Prayuth's father is not a crime.

Being corrupted like Thaksin is.

The keyword in my post was research!!

But since your propaganda-pamphlets clearly are pre-printed, let us just leave it there!!

• Like 1

In my village,you have to pay 30000 Baht to work on the garbagetruck as a collector...

Applaud this; but only if these Officers all receive long prison terms with the everyday prisoner. No doubt they will take the cowards way out and commit suicide, like one has already done. A la Hitler. Good riddance to this scum that have done nothing for the everyday Thai.

This is not written in defense of the officer who committed 'suicide', but I understand he had been a major source of information helping to implicate other senior ranking officers. Only a court of law can decide on his culpability, but maybe he deserves just a smidgen of credit for his 'whistleblowing'.

Very disturbing ,this use of lese majesty laws.....

Why, didn't they get Al Capone on tax evasion and not criminal activities - the end result will be the same - hopefully a long holiday in the slammer.

This has been the system for the past 1XXX years and probably will be for the next 1XXX years too! This is nothing more than a witch hunt.

You're mixing your metaphors. A "witch hunt" implies a wild search for culprits that don't even really exist, driven by irrational public frenzy. That's hardly the case here... You might be right about the fruitlessness of the anti-corruption effort, but it's certainly not a search for villains that don't exist! This sounds more like the first steps in a journey of a thousand miles... It's got to start somewhere, and this sounds as good a place as any.

Keep up the good work, P.M. Prayut, everyone with a brain is behind you :) The levels of greed of some of these guys is almost beyond belief !

This has nothing to do with cracking down on corruption. Ask your thai guys at work or someone who has a clue what's going on.

OB

• Like 1