Ducati rider dies in Bangkok after speeding into disabled truck

webfact

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The truck driver had left the scene to buy credit for her phone to seek help with her engine trouble. She found Sakdipong’s body upon her return. She will be charged with "operating a poorly maintained vehicle on a public road," police said.

Ahh. So it was her fault.

• Like 1

Been all over the north and north east portions of LOS on my CBR 250. Always wear full protective "armor". Yeah, I open it up on the straights with no traffic, as that's part of the fun. One thing I refuse to do - Drive at Night on the highways. Doing that, at speed, is definitely putting your life at risk.

So did it help that he was on a ducati or why mention the manufacturer and post a picture of a panigale?

I say, yes. Some might not have bothered to read the post if it had simply said, "Motorcyclist dies while speeding into parked pickup truck".

On the other hand, if you say, "Ducati rider dies in Bangkok....". Well, then you get attention

from those who want to see a wealthy douchebag who doesn't know how to ride and probably got the bike from a corrupt rich family, hence

making the whole story a "Som Nom Nah". I'm just speculating....ask yourself why it caught your attention....be honest.

Anyway, Bangkok is perhaps, one of the WORST cities for a sport-bike of that magnitude. Pure arrogance and ego to own and ride

that machine around the horrible roads and derelict drivers of Bangkok....you're asking for trouble.

I feel sometimes that my CBR650F is too sporty for this city, and it's horrendous traffic. Ride safe and never beyond your capabilities.

• Like 1

A mate of mine was killed in Pattaya on his Hayabusa. Hammering down Sukhumvit a pick up pulled out on him and he died instantly.. I have no idea why otherwise sensible people drive like they are devoid of sense when they climb on these powerful bikes

no need to mention Ducati. Do they want to say that big bikes drivers are fast and reckless?

even an old bike or a scooter would have the same fate if they aren't careful enough when driving.

im just driving along Sois of Bangkok and yet I'm always 'dressed for war' on the road of Bangkok.

RIP to that guy and my sympathy to his loved ones.

RIP to him? Why? He was a complete fool with no regard to the law and more importantly no regard for his 'loved ones'.

He deserved to get caught out by his own stupidity, inability to ride a 'big' bike and his self-centred attitude.

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle with no helmet on?

Have you never broken a law?

Do you ever tink his parents or family might read this?

Not sue why you'd say RIP as he was probably a Buddhist who don't rest but come back as something else/

Edited by Neeranam

A lad I went to school with beheaded himself crashing into a parked lorry in a layby in the UK years ago and that was on a restricted motorcycle. Only takes a second of distraction or inattention. Lovely lad.

My Uncle Dod was killed on his railway issued pushbike, so what?

What is wrong with all those people who make funny comments. A person died here. Thaivisa should block those sick b.st.rds.

I think about 10 people die on motorblkes in Bangkok every day - I think the news here is that it was a Ducatti.

What is a disabled truck?

• Like 1

"Sakdipong Wimolpan was speeding down an elevated section in the Bangkok Noi district forbidden to two-wheeled vehicles when police said he plowed into the back of a disabled pickup truck which was flashing its hazard lights, according to Bangkok Post."

Sorry Sakdipong, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. FORBIDDEN! That's the answer.

My condolences to your heart broken family.

• Like 1

Sakdipong Wimolpan was speeding down an elevated section in the Bangkok Noi district forbidden to two-wheeled vehicles when police said he plowed into the back of a disabled pickup truck which was flashing its hazard lights, according to Bangkok Post.

Usually they put a tree branch behind the disabled vehicle to warn others.. Wondering if they remembered to do so this time, otherwise that's a criminal neglect :>

I am fully with you for a greener Bangkok! Let's grow palm trees on the elevated expressways!

:( dang, no chance when the drivers will use the shrubs for an extra offroad lane in rush hours ;)

• Like 1

Sakdipong Wimolpan was speeding down an elevated section in the Bangkok Noi district forbidden to two-wheeled vehicles when police said he plowed into the back of a disabled pickup truck which was flashing its hazard lights, according to Bangkok Post.

Usually they put a tree branch behind the disabled vehicle to warn others.. Wondering if they remembered to do so this time, otherwise that's a criminal neglect :>

if he didnt see the truck i doubt he'd have seen a tree branch. or maybe there was a tree branch in the road it distracted him and so he hit the truck...

• Like 1

A lad I went to school with beheaded himself crashing into a parked lorry in a layby in the UK years ago and that was on a restricted motorcycle. Only takes a second of distraction or inattention. Lovely lad.

Yes I knew someone who died once....but he wasn't on a Dicati...he was in hospital with peritonitis...tragic really

• Like 1

So did it help that he was on a ducati or why mention the manufacturer and post a picture of a panigale?

To me it indicates he rode into the beyond in style, same could have happened on a Honda Wave hitting a stationary object. RIP Too soon

no need to mention Ducati. Do they want to say that big bikes drivers are fast and reckless?

even an old bike or a scooter would have the same fate if they aren't careful enough when driving.

im just driving along Sois of Bangkok and yet I'm always 'dressed for war' on the road of Bangkok.

RIP to that guy and my sympathy to his loved ones.

RIP to him? Why? He was a complete fool with no regard to the law and more importantly no regard for his 'loved ones'.

He deserved to get caught out by his own stupidity, inability to ride a 'big' bike and his self-centred attitude.

Can we safely assume you neither ride nor drive in Thailand? There is a certain lack of morality / compassionate in that response.

• Like 2

Let me remind you then.

Only takes a second of distraction or inattention.

We are hearing about riding in an illegal place, so, do readers know that ALL toll roads are closed to all motorcycles? I just rode my $17,000 700cc Honda in from Surin via route 226 to Rt 2 to Rt 1 with intentions of connecting with Rt 9 which takes me to my neighborhood were I know my way around. But noooo! Only after getting there did I learn that Rt 9 is a toll road at that point! I got very lost somewhere near the Mo Chit BTS and wasted 30 minutes just finding my way to known territory. We should be asking why toll roads are completely off limits to full size motorcycles. That explains why someone with a serious piece of machinery is doing something illegal. And this might have a lot to do with why he died. I could have been me and maybe this guy wasn't such a crazy driver. Maybe he just was in unknown territory under pressure to get out of that illegal area he found his way into.

• Like 1