Expense for the lawyer?

otocheater

Hello,

I just wondered when I asking for lawyer to sue foreigners why its so expensive compare with Thai things.

Cost of the lawyer its increase double after I said litigant is not Thai. For example if you are going to sue for divorce, and etc.

How much you normally hire the lawyer or just give me an average?

Best regards,

:-)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the case,

Type if case

whats involved,

whose involved,

who elses is likely to need to be involved,

investigations,

searches,

correspondence,

how detailed

Experts needed

Where its going to take place,

Travelling involved.

Hours required etc

The list goes on and on, the question cannot be answered unless ALL the facts are know, anything else is pure guesswork and meaningless.

"How long is a piece of string" ? springs to mind.

• Like 1

Possibly they think they can recover damages/fees and with the farang on the other end - deeper pockets = larger fees......possibly anticipating the farang will engage an attorney and not go down so easily and be a big fight - lots of hours booked/used......

Maybe they are going to pitch the law differences between two continents/countries - or consultation fees - you know - just in case......

Hello,

I just wondered when I asking for lawyer to sue foreigners why its so expensive compare with Thai things.

Cost of the lawyer its increase double after I said litigant is not Thai. For example if you are going to sue for divorce, and etc.

Best regards,

I think our correct term to use is aliens.

5-Mysteries-About-the-Human-Race-That-Sc

Maybe it's because we are such hansum men?

Who knows.

Miss Oto ... what's on your mind? Maybe we can help.

A collective of aliens ... at your service my dear ... biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hello,

Best regards,

I think our correct term to use is aliens.

5-Mysteries-About-the-Human-Race-That-Sc

Maybe it's because we are such hansum men?

Who knows.

Miss Oto ... what's on your mind? Maybe we can help.

A collective of aliens ... at your service my dear ... biggrin.png

Thanks mr.Dave. Not sure its safe with your aliens team under Thai law. Me and my dad used to chat with a recomended lawyer for 2 hours and after he was asking for a fee and we paid 5,000 just for advice. Crazy!!!

:-(

• Like 1

Thanks but I need more like amount of the expenses. Such as your easy case not so complicated.

Or give an example from people you known or your experience.

Now the cheapest i found just agree and divorce they will charge for 150,000THB.

:-(

A relatively simple case over a financial deal that was not repaid.

Lawyers, court and administrative fees 5,000 Baht.

I got a paper off the judge giving me 10 years from the dated document to take possession of any goods she might own in the future, such as a car, motorbike, house etc as part or full payment.

2nd case was free.

Same lawyer I contacted over some hassle I was getting from another female. He advised on the best course of action to take. He also wrote and had delivered, a strongly worded letter that apparently had her quaking in her boots.

But, every case is different. As CharlieH has said.

Get different quotes from different lawyers.

Can't just go to the amphor? Sign it off?

Hard to explain na. I think with this guy can not because at the moment he never paid even 1 baht since the second kid was born and for all kids cost. But he claims to custody kids. Dont know why? People told me he went to Honey moon with Mia noi aboard and bought new iphone6 for her. So funny na. I felt sorry for my kids. Lol...

Confused? So we dont want his money but we need our honor of family back. Its going to be embarrass to another people when people ask how much the father of the kids help for living cost. Now we pretend to said to other 50,000/month but we recieved zero. And the problem now we dont know where he is. He has been hidding a while.

Sounds easy but a bit complicated.

Why the big thing in thailand on save face

Difficult to say. Most of Thai old fashion thought the same. For me perhaps everyone in my hometown known my family well. We were invited 500 guests into my wedding.

My dad is an honor teacher of Thailand 2005. And both got insignia from royal family. Everyone respect them. Maybe thats the reason. Now my mum still keep secret about my relationship with her colleague. Lol...

Difficult to say. Most of Thai old fashion thought the same. For me perhaps everyone in my hometown known my family well. We were invited 500 guests into my wedding.

My dad is an honor teacher of Thailand 2005. And both got insignia from royal family. Everyone respect them. Maybe thats the reason. Now my mum still keep secret about my relationship with her colleague. Lol...

So you don't want his money! You just want to embarrass him!

Why don't you just get on with your life!

Interestingly you just gave HIM a reason for immediate annulment of marriage by admitting your having a relationship.

Interestingly you just gave HIM a reason for immediate annulment of marriage by admitting your having a relationship.

How do you know i dont move on? With my work and business i start long time. But can not move on with a new relationship. I am a Thai. I didnt divorced yet. Even chat with thousand guys but i still dont get a relationship. I am a tough and busy with my work and kids. Just because of married status stuck me with everything.

So lets see.....the facts as stated by you

You want a lawyer to sue for divorce from a farang that has 2 kids with you. AND you want a cheap lawyer (beware ...you get what you pay for!)

You come from a VERY affluent family (500 people at your wedding) and father is Honor teacher of the year with insignia from the royal family (very respected)

You want to embarrass the farang BUT you tell everybody he pay 50,000 baht/month.

You say you're NOT in a relationship but "mum still keep secret about my relationship with her colleague. Lol..."

Sounds to me like if he can't be found....HE, at least moved on....and what if he just got on a plane to his home country never to be seen again. You should do the same ....Move on......Not sure about Thailand but if someone takes off not to be found a default divorce can be had in the West..

So my advice is spend the money for a lawyer (you and your family are apparently wealthy) ...get a default divorce ...and move on with life....(you're likely to get nothing from this deadbeat anyway!)

Good luck with it allwai2.gif

Edited by beachproperty

How do you know i dont move on? With my work and business i start long time. But can not move on with a new relationship. I am a Thai. I didnt divorced yet. Even chat with thousand guys but i still dont get a relationship. I am a tough and busy with my work and kids. Just because of married status stuck me with everything.

So your Thai therefore you know that you don't need a lawyer. If you have no contact with your ex then you can request a divorce based on abandonment!

Thanks for above advise. I actually wanna know cost for a lawyer after i gave some info.

The other stuff about embarrass him or ourself its not a main point. He is farang who never felt quilty and dont care about kids anyway. We are not rich but can be survive. Imagine if my family very poor and unknown. Now we are already starving and dying. Is that guy care? Never ever.! Why do we need a lawyer?

I dont need his money!!!!but maybe the kids need. My kids both drink milk average 20 bottles/day.

Both still using nappies because the boy cant say properly. They both go to private school. Get extra class and activities plus living and eating well. This what we are trying to do the best for kids. My dad too old to take care grandchilds but he wants to safe cost for hire extra nanny. He never said tired and no complain even he's sick. Wake up before kids and sleep after kids. Clean bottle milk and steam, prepare food for kids school, drive them to school, pick them up, cooking, cleaning, growing plant and vegetable. (Real father never done before. Lol...).While the father of my kids on honeymoon with mia noi. We want to figure out about how to get divorce, how much gonna cost for a lawyer? For me,I think my parents so tired and still got many expense in the house. If its benefit for my children we'd like to do this.

Regards,

Thanks for above advise. I actually wanna know cost for a lawyer after i gave some info.

The other stuff about embarrass him or ourself its not a main point. He is farang who never felt quilty and dont care about kids anyway. We are not rich but can be survive. Imagine if my family very poor and unknown. Now we are already starving and dying. Is that guy care? Never ever.! Why do we need a lawyer?

I dont need his money!!!!but maybe the kids need. My kids both drink milk average 20 bottles/day.

Both still using nappies because the boy cant say properly. They both go to private school. Get extra class and activities plus living and eating well. This what we are trying to do the best for kids. My dad too old to take care grandchilds but he wants to safe cost for hire extra nanny. He never said tired and no complain even he's sick. Wake up before kids and sleep after kids. Clean bottle milk and steam, prepare food for kids school, drive them to school, pick them up, cooking, cleaning, growing plant and vegetable. (Real father never done before. Lol...).While the father of my kids on honeymoon with mia noi. We want to figure out about how to get divorce, how much gonna cost for a lawyer? For me,I think my parents so tired and still got many expense in the house. If its benefit for my children we'd like to do this.

Regards,

Don't know why you just don't come out and say it.......You're going after sperm donor farang for his money!

You've already indicated in previous posts that your family owns homes in Bangkok and the country and go back and forth between them. So they're not poor. You say you don't need his money (which I believe) BUT you go on and on about the expense of raising kids and how he never even thinks to pay. So just be honest with your self and this post and ADMIT ....you're going after him for his money as you could easily get a divorce in Thailand based on abandonment (as pointed out by another poster)...You're bitter, and venting on TV...I understand that ..So I'll say it again ...be honest ...you're going after him for the money and this being Thailand the attorneys want a piece of the pie. (Ie the attorneys fees just went up because you've probably told the attorneys the farang has money)....

Hey ...whatever....goodluck anyway!

Edited by beachproperty

Can't just go to the amphor? Sign it off?

Hard to explain na. I think with this guy can not because at the moment he never paid even 1 baht since the second kid was born and for all kids cost. But he claims to custody kids. Dont know why? People told me he went to Honey moon with Mia noi aboard and bought new iphone6 for her. So funny na. I felt sorry for my kids. Lol...

Confused? So we dont want his money but we need our honor of family back. Its going to be embarrass to another people when people ask how much the father of the kids help for living cost. Now we pretend to said to other 50,000/month but we recieved zero. And the problem now we dont know where he is. He has been hidding a while.

Sounds easy but a bit complicated.

Correct me if i am wrong, but how much does a Thai pay for kids? 000000 baht?

I guess all the hundreds of thousands of mothers do not think about their honor but with a foreigner as a father you do?

Is it more the case of how much you can extort from a foreigner?

Now i am not saying he should not be paying child support, but his holiday aways and iphone 6 are simply none of your business.

You say you tell people he pays 50 000? is that how much Thai pays? Is it not "inflated" about 10 times at least?

His reason for "hiding" might be your "honor" ideas

I know when my mother divorced my father, she did not want a single cent from him, because she had her honor, but your idea of honor is to get 50 000 baht per month? twice the amount of average monthly salary for a Thai?

How much do you earn per month?

@Kunying I will correct you from the first question. I dont know how much the thai pay for kid because i never had thai husband. But from my parents experience they paid the kids all they got. That mean everything i need i must have it. The father of the kids went to top 2 uni in UK so he needs honor also but just become an idiot dont know why? How much can i extort him? From evidience we've got and my family back ground he cant afford to pay anyway. His holiday with a cheater woman and iphone6 can help the kids cost, in nit? What about my kids? 50,000thb is £1,000 So? His father paid his mother £2,000/month till he graduated just for him and his brother and another extra cost can request. They are not even married. So why not? He is hiding because he scared of me and cant face to my family. That is the truth. How much i earn? Never count. But i known how much he earned.

I thought its cheap 50,000/month. How much for a great international school in Thailand? One million baht/year. So?

Every parents want the best for kid even can die for.????

@Kunying I will correct you from the first question. I dont know how much the thai pay for kid because i never had thai husband. But from my parents experience they paid the kids all they got. That mean everything i need i must have it. The father of the kids went to top 2 uni in UK so he needs honor also but just become an idiot dont know why? How much can i extort him? From evidience we've got and my family back ground he cant afford to pay anyway. His holiday with a cheater woman and iphone6 can help the kids cost, in nit? What about my kids? 50,000thb is £1,000 So? His father paid his mother £2,000/month till he graduated just for him and his brother and another extra cost can request. They are not even married. So why not? He is hiding because he scared of me and cant face to my family. That is the truth. How much i earn? Never count. But i known how much he earned.

I thought its cheap 50,000/month. How much for a great international school in Thailand? One million baht/year. So?

I am sorry to tell you, but if you had any honor and your parents were as rich as you claim, you would not be chasing him.

Secondly, his education makes no difference

Thirdly no point comparing prices in UK to prices in Thailand.

Fourthly, his holiday is none of your business.

Since you care about kids education and future and you are rich, his life should not concern you.

May be he does not want to face your family, because all you want and ever wanted was money and from what you write is seems to be the case.

You claim to be raised in a well off family, yet you complain about 150 000 baht legal fees? Clearly money is all you want.

You want to send your kids to great international school? Get a job!!!!!

Did you go to great international school? i doubt it, because if your parents could afford 1 000 000/year, you would not be chasing 50 000 or complaining about 150K in legal fees

The lies work in villages in Isaan, does not do so well among foreignersthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Unless the ex husband has assets here in Thailand your not going to get a single baht unless he wants to pay. As a divorced wife you are eligible for 50% of assets in Thailand on divorce. Child maintenance is a separate issue.

For divorce you can go to the original amphur and request a divorce after paperwork has been sent to his last known address he has a certain amount of time to acknowledge. You do this three times and the third time of him not attending it's automatic divorce. Finished

I am sorry to tell you, but if you had any honor and your parents were as rich as you claim, you would not be chasing him.

Since you care about kids education and future and you are rich, his life should not concern you.

May be he does not want to face your family, because all you want and ever wanted was money and from what you write is seems to be the case.

You claim to be raised in a well off family, yet you complain about 150 000 baht legal fees? Clearly money is all you want.

Did you go to great international school? i doubt it, because if your parents could afford 1 000 000/year, you would not be chasing 50 000 or complaining about 150K in legal fees

The lies work in villages in Isaan, does not do so well among foreignersthumbsup.gif

Which line I said my family rich? If i want his money so what? Why cant compare uk and thailand if i can even sue through british embassy for UK law. Which sentence i said i just want only 50,000/month? I want much more I told you, he cant afford.

His holiday every week HiSo na. Get job? I said I am working. You can read english? Last thing you said about lies work in Issan? Ya Ma No. Lol...

Are you jealous? Have kids? Have husband? Or he is not bang you?

Just wondered like you wondered about me.

Unless the ex husband has assets here in Thailand your not going to get a single baht unless he wants to pay. As a divorced wife you are eligible for 50% of assets in Thailand on divorce. Child maintenance is a separate issue.

For divorce you can go to the original amphur and request a divorce after paperwork has been sent to his last known address he has a certain amount of time to acknowledge. You do this three times and the third time of him not attending it's automatic divorce. Finished

Thanks and how to stop him to see kids for life? Do I need lawyer?

Which line I said my family rich? If i want his money so what? Why cant compare uk and thailand if i can even sue through british embassy for UK law. Which sentence i said i just want only 50,000/month? I want much more I told you, he cant afford.

His holiday every week HiSo na. Get job? I said I am working. You can read english? Last thing you said about lies work in Issan? Ya Ma No. Lol...

Are you jealous? Have kids? Have husband? Or he is not bang you?

Just wondered like you wondered about me.

Well, at least now we established that all you want is MONEY

and not just money, but outrages money so that you could have fun without having to work.

Since you working, then you should not have a problem to raise the kids.

And the reason why you can not compare prices in UK to Thailand, you would have to use your brain, after all you are well educated

You can not sue through the embassy, stop listening to bar girls imaginations, any educated person knows that.

PS. SO you not rich? because last time i checked people who can afford 1 000 000 baht/year for school are considered rich in any country of the world.

PPS. The only reason for your honor if i had to guess is because your family failed to extort money from a foreigners hence the need to lie about outrages amount. You are well aware, Thai men hardly ever pay child support and if they do, its a minimal amount.

On a personal note, good on him for refusing to fall for extortion.

Thanks and how to stop him to see kids for life? Do I need lawyer?

So you want he pays for your luxury life kids, but he can not see the kids?

Gee i wonder why he dumped you and is refusing all contact with you and familywhistling.gif

@Konying again. Seem like your info so poor na. Again if i want all his money even his life i can take it.

You know why? He promised me we will split up only when he die.

How much my family spent on him we will need all back included when they sent me to study in uk.

Khao jai mai. And do you actually have wife or husband? How many? You asking a lot then turn you to reply.

cheers