Stay Away From a Plasma TV on Offer?

SheungWan

Full HD Samsung 50" LCD is 22k (list price), 20k for a plasma isn't a bargain these days.

Watch out though, Big C and places like it often sell low definition, don't buy below full HD.

Smart is a waste of money.

Advertising hype.

Samsung Plasma screens are top picture quality, LG are bott

In 1958, LG Electronic was founded as GoldStar which was a very bad product.In Australia it was the cheapest brand you could buy.GoldStar was one of the LG group with a sister company, Lak-Hui (pronounced "Lucky") Chemical Industrial Corp.n 1994, GoldStar officially adopted the LG Electronics brand and a new corporate logo. LG.

l.g MEANS Lucky if it Goes

Lucky Goldstar (LG) was definitely a brand to avoid at one time. But, to be fair, they have come a long way since those early days. Friends who have bought LG haven't complained to me about their purchases.

They have shown innovation in their smartphones and Oled, edgelit and plasma TVs. I'm still suspicious of the quality of components they use to mass-produce this equipment, but not as much as I was a couple of years ago.

They also know how to capitalise on the WOW factor. Now they're chasing Samsung and are number 2 in South Korea.

They must be doing something right.

Well everything is working on my LG so far and would probably buy the same brand again if I repeated the process.

• Like 1

I bought a 51" Samsung HD plasma tv app 1 year ago for 25K baht.

Great TV, love it and never had any problems with it. Okay have to pull the curtains behind the sofa when watching tv during the day but not a problem for us.

It stands on a stand, he-he on a shelf and the rear is near the shelf wall.

I will keep it untill it dies or 4-5 years more and then the 4k super HD TV's will be much cheaper by then.

I'm jealous ;-) where did you get that deal?

Well, since a few years, lg is producing tv's based on philips technology.

That is a lot better then what they made before.

And for the other stuff, they ise also philips technology.

Far more better quality then samsung or toshiba.

You may not realise this my friend but samsung and Panasonic make 90% of all the world's t.v. screens. :-)

I bought a 51" Samsung HD plasma tv app 1 year ago for 25K baht.

Great TV, love it and never had any problems with it. Okay have to pull the curtains behind the sofa when watching tv during the day but not a problem for us.

It stands on a stand, he-he on a shelf and the rear is near the shelf wall.

I will keep it untill it dies or 4-5 years more and then the 4k super HD TV's will be much cheaper by then.

I'm jealous ;-) where did you get that deal?

No need to be jealous - prices have dropped since then :)

25K buys you a 49" 4K TV these days ;)

• Like 1

You may not realise this my friend but samsung and Panasonic make 90% of all the world's t.v. screens. :-)

So, and , philips is still way better then the other brands of tv.

But, if you like to have a product that is 2nd class or broke in a few years, take a samsung or toshiba or some other japanese brand. With the new software, they monitor everything you do in your house.

Big brother is watching you.

It maybe looks good, but the stuff they put inside is not the best quality there is.

Only need to look at a samsung phone, then you see the difference.

And yeah, i have android phone, used a samsung but thrown it away. Worthless shit.

But, if you like to have a product that is 2nd class or broke in a few years, take a samsung or toshiba or some other japanese brand. With the new software, they monitor everything you do in your house.

555, thats a big shiny tin foil hat you are wearing !!!

I have Samsung TV's in my house, please tell me how they are monitoring everything I do in my house.

• Like 1

It maybe looks good, but the stuff they put inside is not the best quality there is.

Only need to look at a samsung phone, then you see the difference.

And yeah, i have android phone, used a samsung but thrown it away. Worthless shit.

I have used samsung particularly the note versions since they first came out. Worthless you say?

I couldn't disagree more.

I had every model and now use the note 4 . Brilliant piece of kit and of you know how to use it , it becomes am invaluable tool in and out of business.

If you don't know how to use it... then you probably call it useless ;-)