Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2014 – 28th & 29th November

InspirePattaya

Pattaya City has determined event “Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2014″ in late November of each year. Which this year falls on 28th & 29th November on the beach in Pattaya. In order to encourage international fireworks festival. As the center of regional and international events as well as to promote a positive image for the city of Pattaya and Chonburi.inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 28-29-11-2014

post-197742-0-90862500-1416971927_thumb.

For more information please visit http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/pattaya-international-fireworks-festival-2014-28th-29th-november/

Try to get closer, go north towards Naklua.

They seem to have placed the launchers somewhere north of the Dusit hotel?

In central Pattaya I found it to be a bit distant.

Edited by KhunBENQ

??

the firework yesterday evening was surely not fired from anywhere near Central Festival.

Seems we write about different things.

The starting pad was somewhere in the northwest (northern end of the bay).

Last night the fireworks were clearly being launched from directly opposite Central festival and we could see them very clearly from our balcony so I have no idea what you are talking aboutblink.png

• Like 1

I think they are being launched from straight out from Pattaya Klang, at least thats where the barges are parked

And that was the impression I got from Soi 7 - didnt go any closer as I dont really have much interest in fireworks. If I can offer a negative to an otherwise happy night, the traffic along each of the usual suspects - bukhao, second road and klang - was ridiculous and I'm not particularly looking forward to taking on bukhao again tonite, Bars were still patchy when I came home at 22:30, with the exception of about 50 or so balloon chasers crammed into one of the bars on Second Road, but a night like that isnt about the bars. I hope everyone enjoys themselves out there tonight - I have no plans to come home at such a ridiculously early hour this time ;)

About 3 to 4 years ago this event started as an international fireworks competition event and there were at least 5 countries including Thailand that entered. I have no knowledge of who loads up the barges, where the fabulous fireworks are made, or any other technical knowledge. I live in View Talay 6 which is next door to Central Festival Mall/Hilton and the barges have always arrived on a Thursday. The 1st competition one was the best when the barges were anchored apart from each other. There were only 4 barges for the past couple of years but it was awesome as usual and I don't think it was a competetion this year. Whoever paid for these events, set up the barges, etc. have done an outstanding job and their work is truly an international treasure and is a much needed positive thing for Pattaya and Thailand. I shouldn't say this, but the best seat in the house is on the Hilton top roof restaurant. The next best free place to watch/film is on the roof of View Talay 6. The security guards let us up on the roof for only these 2 nights and then the stairwell alarms are re-enabled for the rest of the year. Being 27 floors up and watching it is just amazing.....you can't get this close to any fireworks events anywhere else in the world. My ears are still ringing from the noise!!

• Like 2

Was fantastic. Sunday as I post this. Not just the fireworks ....the music all the stalls and best of all SO many Thai people. Bit like the music festival.

Loved it all. Pattaya often seems to get so much negative feedback. I live in bkk but go to lot of events. The ones in pats often enjoy.

• Like 1

It was a fantastic evening. We were at Soi 5 and had very little traffic on the way in at 6pm. And none on the way out at midnight.

The fireworks were great. I'd have to say almost as good as the first time. I think the last display went on for almost an hour. Very impressive.

Didn't get down to the street, but looked like it was well setup and stocked with food and drinks. Great job Pattaya! Great fun.

• Like 1

Beach Road was packed with visitors going to the fireworks competition and making a joyful night of it. Nice to see events that are free for the locals (and tourists) to enjoy; plus there are countless food stalls for the Thais (how do they sell all that food?). Strawberry slush is my yearly purchase along with some barbecue ribs from a certain vendor. Always amazes me how the city has the fireworks competition, music festival, bed race charity event, Chinese New Year organized; yet, not much publicity on the annual events.

Second that toenail.... I don't live in pattaya...but come often for events or a chill with friends. Again I think pattaya gets a bum deal. The events you mentioned often have lot of Thai folk of all ages and are great.

Some members may like to check out Bang Saen for new year count down and music. Great night and many Thai people. Its bit like spot the farang. Off to kanchanaburri now for festival and then to bang saen for car races.

Having said all that , when I'm sitting in a bar in beach road or walking about (with my thai partner,2 years).......I'm sure the "high horse" folk take a look and say to themselves. "another sexpat...isn't Pattaya bad" .....

Edited by jacksam