Not posted for years - What's your reasons ?

esprit

Well just thought I would log on to see what has changed. I have been a member for a long time but not posted for years. Why, simple really I just found it becoming more and more policed and it's sponsorship appears to be driving it's direction over the years rather then be driven by the members.

So why havn't you posted for a while ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nothing new /interesting to post about pretty well all is covered by others quite repetitively most of the time i will join in a fair but but never post

i am no expert on visas/border runs/ marriage guidance/pubs and clubs/fallang bad behavior land or property/bar girl scene/ etc etc most fact i need to know/about i go on line and discover for myself

OP, if this forum is not "becoming more and more policed" then it would be closed and nobody including you could ever post anything.

Just admit it you were just not bothered to post anything and cut the excuses.

At least some of us are more than happy to participate on this Forum.

Especially me to the delight of all the other posters.smile.png

I was recently demoted to the position of moderator having been a poster of mediocre quality for quite a few years, since 2008 I think.

OP, in my opinion and having seen moderation now first hand I don't believe this is the case.

The mods just try and make sure the forum sticks to the forum rules and the topics stay loosely on topic. There's no conspiracy here, boring as that may be. Most posts get removed because of flaming and bating and a fair bit of trolling. Nothing more than that.

Policing that is hard enough, there's no time for any sort of agenda.

Rarely post simply because too many threads get hijacked and then it's the start of a downward spiral - makes interesting reading sometimes.

coffee1.gif

I recommend the other sub-forums. Especially the Community Sub-forums and the photography forum. Bedlam and the pub are good too.

Local forums are also pleasant places to have a normal friendly chat.

Am on a roll these last couple of days, have actually made a few comments , but that's rare for me. Do read many threads but lately they seem to get hijacked by the click on here ( you know who you are ) especially if other posters they do not like, posts a comment.

Was reading a thread earlier today that was locked due to going off-topic. 2 posters liked the locked comment, same posters who took part in derailing the thread.

Oh well back to just reading i think.

Magic Roundabout comes to mind, after awhile its the same topics, reworded slightly, same answers, but from different people.

You get the newbies arrive, the old hands correcting them, tales of woe, tales of happiness, tales of loss, tales of success., and on goes the Magic roundabout.

Magic Roundabout comes to mind, after awhile its the same topics, reworded slightly, same answers, but from different people.

You get the newbies arrive, the old hands correcting them, tales of woe, tales of happiness, tales of loss, tales of success., and on goes the Magic roundabout.

In other words we haven't evolved yet

moved to another area in se asia for awhile and did not resd of post for about a year. then came back on another username wfhen i returned.

when i did read and post regularly when i lived in cm i found myself regularly posting some fairly negative stuff towards other members. i could not figure out why.

I never knew ... the Magic Roundabout is also in French ... might have even been adapted from the Froggies.

565705.jpg

Credit

Most of the replies given are complete garbage.

People ask a simple question and get an answer not worth the time reading.

So I presume I will get a flood of crappy answers to this post

I look forward to your next insightful and positive contribution.

Down the corridor, second door on your left.

Why the negative attitude.

You've asked some great questions and received informative replies.

OP's such as ...

aged-care-facility

Does anyone know of an aged care facility any where near the following areas.

Rat Burana, Phrapradaeng, Phra Samut Chedi or anywhere along Suksawat Road areas.

Father in law has had 2 strokes and needs somewhere to go as I am tired of all the family complaining about who looks after him and who pays for what.

Easier to put him somewhere comfortable and my wife and I will pay, shut them all up.

closet-bi

Where can a closet bi-guy go in sukhumvit to meet another guy?

But agreed, the General forum does lend itself to more robust debate.

The sub-Forums, as you know, often offer targeted replies.

Because after the first couple of posts in a thread, the thread always seem to change to a backbiting between posters rather than staying on the post subject.

It's got better of late, but I do agree. I can't understand why anyone would want to be on the internet all day bashing the hell out of someone else they don't know and have never met.

Should be an opportunity to improve each others quality of life, rather than the usual . . . . coffee1.gif