Five more arrests in expanding Thai police graft probe

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suthep has fled to the temple to become a "monk".......why?....why has he failed to keep a court appearance?

Yeah sure, fighting corruption with corruption!!

d aims, when he was fighting to topple the Siwanatra clan was to reform the police.

This administration is following his footsteps.

I would like to congratulate them and wish them to keep up the good work.

History will remember you and your good deeds.

btw. A google-search of your hero, Suthep+corruption, gave 167.000 results!!

btw. A google-search of your hero, Thaksin+corruption, gave 366,000 results!!

And the man currently masquerading as a monk (Suthep) doesn't have a very positive report on him huh, filled with many different issues of alleged corrupt dealings. and the report on Mr T has far more positive theme huh, but not without controversy, and by far more popular both domestically and internationally, so how ya gonna put a spin on that one?

To gain real legitimacy on this they need to get all the crooked cops and officials not just the ones on the wrong side of the political divide as was and still seems s the case,

Thaksin is a fugitive from justice, fleeing the country after promising to return and has a 2 year prison sentence waiting for him. There are 15 more serious outstanding criminal charges awaiting his return for which warrants have already been issued in some cases. He is unlikely to return until the statute of limitations expires on these cases or he is granted a blanket whitewash on all past activities.

How many convictions does Suthep have and how many open cases are their against him? Has he fled and become a fugitive?

Your comments are Thaksin being popular internationally are laughable. Where do you get that from - Rob Amsterdam news?

wonder if the public will be allowed to know what the false claims they were making were?

rereading it I dont think so

In cases of lese-majesté it's always very frustrating that the exact words offending the monarchy are never reported.

That being said, I think lese-majesté is often used as a cover-up so that charges for the real crimes can then be dropped.

This avoids putting details of the investigation, especially names of other persons related to the case, into court papers.

wonder if the public will be allowed to know what the false claims they were making were?

In cases of lese-majesté it's always very frustrating that the exact words offending the monarchy are never reported.

That being said, I think lese-majesté is often used as a cover-up so that charges for the real crimes can then be dropped.

This avoids putting details of the investigation, especially names of other persons related to the case, into court papers.

Under martial law the LM charges can be heard before a military court which can withhold a great deal of information from the general public.

Under martial law the LM charges can be heard before a military court which can withhold a great deal of information from the general public.

Not only 'under martial law'. Where you been? huh.png

Fact is, we farang are able to discuss this in a very oblique way or Sierra Tango Foxtrot UP. This is a third world country. Never forget that.

Edited by jpeg

Seems like they are doing the right things for the wrongs reasons here. That means the investigation will ring fence a certain group of corrupt cops and ignore the rest and there will be no police reform. When the dust has settled a new criminal gang will have taken over the vacated businesses. Hey ho.