Alongkorn to quit Democrat party

webfact

Alongkorn to quit Democrat party

275415-imagepng-430862-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former deputy leader of the Democrat Party Alongkorn Polabutr has decided to quit the party claiming that he wants to devote himself for the National Reform Council and wants to preserve the council’s image as being independent, impartial and non-political.

He maintained that he held no grudges against the party, pointing out that his brother and his Petchaburi faction are still with the Democrat party.

MrAlongkorn said that the decision to quit the party was his own and he did not consult with the Petchaburi faction nor did he was pressured to leave the party by the NRC or by any senior party members.

As a NRC whip, he said that the job required him to attend all the meetings regarding the drafting of the Constitution and suggestions about the new charter.

He disclosed that he would attend the meeting of the Constitution Drafting Committee on Thursday and would welcome Democrat leader AbhisitVejjajiva who would make some suggestions to the committee. On the same day, he said he would tender his letter of resignation from the party.

The former Democrat admitted that he could not answer now whether he would return to politics or not. But he said he would quit politics if the new charter opens an opportunity for a new generation of politicians to enter politics.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/alongkorn-quit-democrat-party

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-27

He quit the party or not he is still a Democrat and still believe in it's platform. Don't believe for a minute he will be independent while working with the National Reform Council. This is nothing but lies.

Call a man a liar on the Internet? You can prove all this? I think you still wearing your red bandana sometimes

Don't get too upset, it's just Bob. If you had a relative with Tourette's Syndrome, who just blurted out the first thing that came to mind, you might be embarrassed for them at times, but you would accept that they can't help it.

• Like 2

Alongkorn is an honest and admirable man.There is no reason to doubt he will work independently.At the same time there is some sadness here for people like myself ( believe it or not) who would like to see a reformed Democrat Party succeed.He had some excellent ideas for invigorating the party but was essentially given the bum's rush by the old guard.

• Like 1

One finds it difficult to determine whether to be an independent you needed to be the former deputy of a political party, this smacks of nepotism , independence of the NRC would indicated persons not involved with any political process , let alone a distinguished person from the ruling Elite.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Alongkorn is an honest and admirable man.There is no reason to doubt he will work independently.At the same time there is some sadness here for people like myself ( believe it or not) who would like to see a reformed Democrat Party succeed.He had some excellent ideas for invigorating the party but was essentially given the bum's rush by the old guard.

"honest and admirable men" do not forsake democracy for the big 'D' "honest and admirable men" fight for democracy, justice and truth and I see very few here in Thailand

When I first saw the headline I was hoping to read that he quit on principal and he was against the coup and what the junta stands for.

But no silly me the deck stacking goes on and this bloke won't need any attitude adjustment because he's part of the machine.

Nice touch with the brother staying with the yellow dems so he can get constant updates on the big ticket items.

He's hedging his bets, sitting on the fence. Abhisit is awfully quiet these days, must be spending a lot of time kicking himself :)

Or being groomed ?

Party loyalties in politics seldom switch, they do happen but considering Thailand politics are like nests of vipers is it any wonder people are " suspicious" of his claims?

Just normal human nature to believe there are ulterior motives for his change of heart and beliefs.

• Like 1

He's hedging his bets, sitting on the fence. Abhisit is awfully quiet these days, must be spending a lot of time kicking himself smile.png

Isn't everyone being awfully quiet these days.

It was just a couple of weeks ago when Abhisit DID say something, that posters were screaming about how he "must be special because he's allowed to talk".

• Like 1

He's hedging his bets, sitting on the fence. Abhisit is awfully quiet these days, must be spending a lot of time kicking himself smile.png

Isn't everyone being awfully quiet these days.

It was just a couple of weeks ago when Abhisit DID say something, that posters were screaming about how he "must be special because he's allowed to talk".

You are right.Everyone is being awfully quiet recently.I think it is a kind of despair and is not limited to one side or another, or those in between.It's a realisation that there is a deep sickness at the top of Thai society, that the truth is never told, the newspapers are full of lies,that fundamentally decent people like Abhisit get squeezed.

I am more pessimistic than I have ever been.It's nothing or at least very little to do with the current government.As Yeats wrote " the best lack all conviction and the worst are full of passionate intensity".There is going to be a reckoning.Whether it is a bloody one is difficult to predict.

Sounds more to me that he is saying one isn't actively involved in politics as the country is run by a military junta therefore his finger is not in any pies under these circumstances so he is joining the junta where he plans to poke his fat digit in their pies forthwith and without delay under the guise of making them seem more legitimate having the support from a politician of his standing.

Firstly the democrat party and the junta are one in the same and any politician in Thailand lending his name to legitimacy is nothing more than delusion on his part or he hope's to delude us which is more accurate.

Edited by smellthecoffee

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"honest and admirable men" do not forsake democracy for the big 'D' "honest and admirable men" fight for democracy, justice and truth and I see very few here in Thailand

You don't always get to where you want to go by fighting everything that gets in the way.

I know that feel very wellcheesy.gif