36 'illegal' resorts face demolition in Thap Lan National Park

webfact

36 'illegal' resorts face demolition in Thap Lan National Park
The Nation

30248632-01_big.jpg?1417046651149

BANGKOK: -- Thap Lan National Park officials set up signs early yesterday warning that 36 resorts allegedly encroaching on the park will be demolished, despite reports of them being threatened while putting the signs up at some places earlier. The park covers parts of Nakhon Ratchasima and Prachin Buri provinces and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Park chief Thewin Meesap said park officials would post the signs at five to six places a day to cover all 36 resorts to be demolished in tambon Thai Samakkhi and tambon Nam Kheow in Nakhon Ratchasima's Wang Nam Kheow district. The 36 were among 291 resorts investigated for possible encroachment on the park, but no-one claimed ownership of them.

In Prachin Buri, signs have already been posted at 90 resorts, he said, and the owner of Ban Pha Ngam resort would finish demolishing it by the end of the year.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/36-illegal-resorts-face-demolition-in-Thap-Lan-Nat-30248632.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-11-27

• Like 2

I see a way for the parks to make money from this. Call Hollywood, have them demolish the resorts on film. Let them blow them up, burn them down, have them washed away by flash floods, whatever. When they're done, they clean up the mess and pay for the privilege to do so.

• Like 1

It begging the questions.. what of all those corrupt officials who let this things happened?

no doubt bribes were paid to allow to turn a blind eye in falsifying documents and

permits, are those people going to go Scott free?? if yes, that you have done nothing

to tackle the problems from it's roots...

I would have to agree with your comments but one has to think about the shear number or people working in government profited from this not excliding the park service and police who either turned a blind eye or collected payments for turning a blind eye. If they prosecuted all of them then who would run this country and their offices...

It begging the questions.. what of all those corrupt officials who let this things happened?

no doubt bribes were paid to allow to turn a blind eye in falsifying documents and

permits, are those people going to go Scott free?? if yes, that you have done nothing

I'll try to find the report, but many months ago some 50 or more directors in the parks department were removed of their duties. The article said more were pending.

Unfortunately, many things happening here don't get reported in the English media. Thai media was all abuzz about this some time ago.

Kinda like in Phuket. Many in the land office have been removed and are under criminal investigation. Congrats to the new government for finally taking some action here.

I do feel sorry for those who lost their jobs. Maybe this will be a lesson not to work for illegal companies or do illegal businesses? A dream, I know.

You can't lock up the entire population of Thailand. To receive bribes is, of course, as illegal as to pay bribes.

There are at last count 6600 resort/ golf courses in China , only 600 are registered , just pointing out that this not confined to poor old Thailand, the building of illegal whatever's seems to be a pastime in Asia and of course the lands department, national parks and local government officials know nothing, , just goes to show the moral calibre of these people. coffee1.gif

I'll try to find the report, but many months ago some 50 or more directors in the parks department were removed of their duties. The article said more were pending.

Unfortunately, many things happening here don't get reported in the English media. Thai media was all abuzz about this some time ago.

Kinda like in Phuket. Many in the land office have been removed and are under criminal investigation. Congrats to the new government for finally taking some action here.

I do feel sorry for those who lost their jobs. Maybe this will be a lesson not to work for illegal companies or do illegal businesses? A dream, I know.

Lets hope the responsible criminals in this are punished. A lot is not reported.

My suggestion is kick the lot out..demolish all but a few of the best and lease out those left for hefty amounts with the profits put back into the parks.

I would have to agree with your comments but one has to think about the shear number or people working in government profited from this not excliding the park service and police who either turned a blind eye or collected payments for turning a blind eye. If they prosecuted all of them then who would run this country and their offices...

Grammar Police at work.... shear should be sheer...... a bit steep but there you are...whistling.gif