Relationships between thai men and falang ladies

pinkchompoo

It's an Asian thing.

It's the same in india, China,Taiwan, Laos, Vietnam, etc

In Asia traditionally, the son is the one keeping the family house. When he gets married his wife will come and live in the family.

Usually the wife will look after the aging mother and the rest of the family and basically serves as a glorified maid..Not a farang woman enviable position

While girls could be sinsot to any highest bidder, the boys are responsible for passing on family genes and names so farang blood is not welcomed.

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

It's an Asian thing.

In Asia traditionally, the son is the one keeping the family house. When he gets married his wife will come and live in the family.

Usually the wife will look after the aging mother and the rest of the family and basically serves as a glorified maid..Not a farang woman enviable position

While girls could be sinsot to any highest bidder, the boys are responsible for passing on family genes and names so farang blood is not welcomed.

Kitsune ... is your partner a Thai or a Westerner?

Mine is Thai, and a real Sweetie.

I hope you've been lucky also.

An excellent question Pink. I too am in the same situation as you, and personally don't know any other foreign females living with Thai boyfriends/husbands. Not sure if it is cultural-I lived in Indonesia and it was more common to see foreign women in relationships with Indo men than what I have seen in Thailand.

• Like 1

It's an Asian thing.

Strangely enough, when you have a chronic disease transmissible by sex, kisses/saliva, mosquitoes (as in it's not safe to even be in the same room as me) among many other ways to get infected, you don't get many candidates for love.

It's an Asian thing.

Strangely enough, when you have a chronic disease transmissible by sex, kisses/saliva, mosquitoes (as in it's not safe to even be in the same room as me) among many other ways to get infected, you don't get many candidates for love.

I know that you have and did read a bit about it.

The Jury does seem to out on the definitive answer ... medical opinions on both sides on the transmission.

HUGS ... wish you well

Julia ... It's Sat night.

You should be out partying.

Do a little dance, make a little love ... get down tonight ...

Did that last night David-recovering tonight. Not as young as I used to be ♡♡

Funny you mention that.

I remember picking my mate up early one morning for Golf.

He'd been on an 'all-nighter' ... not to bed ... still played a decent round.

A few years later ... same guy ... was in bed by 2am.

Now ... it biscuits and warm milk before bed for him ... married, 2 kids.

Funny, if there is a few beers, some eye candy and a good dance band, I still can pull an 'all-nighter' ... but pay for it for the next 2 days.

Fun though.

I've learnt it's definitely time to go home to bed when the guys in all Orange come out.

David, put that beer down, and slip off quietly ... don't forget the 'Do Not disturb' sign on the Hotel door.

I've known a few western girls that have had Thai boyfriends and most went bad because the Thai men felt threatened by the independence and lack of submissiveness in the girl.

Was it the western girls or was it the Thai boyfriends that told you that?

This notion of a 'lack of submissiveness' in a woman is from a bygone age when western men on foreign work assignments or military postings were comparatively rare. No doubt that this sort of sage advice was handed down by the 'old hands' who mentored the wide-eyed, new arrival to the orient when the latter was contemplating his first cross-cultural coupling.

Nowadays, it's beyond inappropriate and to me, it's just plain creepy.

Nobody told me. I figured it out for myself.
Very astute.

But based on the not inconceivable notion that, like many western men, you haven't a great insight into the Thai male psyche, it may be biased towards your personal or anecdotal experience of dating western women.

• Like 1

My own personal observations. I live in the Issan region. Most of the foreigners I meet are male. Those who are 40 and older have partners (mostly married) and those younger are in or between relationships.

Almost all the men who are married have Thai wives. I've only seen a few older western women married to western men.

Young western women are very rare where I live. If I was to try to answer why few females have Thai partners, I would say that it is

because very few come into the country to live here.

I've known a few western girls that have had Thai boyfriends and most went bad because the Thai men felt threatened by the independence and lack of submissiveness in the girl.

This notion of a 'lack of submissiveness' in a woman is from a bygone age when western men on foreign work assignments or military postings were comparatively rare. No doubt that this sort of sage advice was handed down by the 'old hands' who mentored the wide-eyed, new arrival to the orient when the latter was contemplating his first cross-cultural coupling.

Nobody told me. I figured it out for myself.
Very astute.

But based on the not inconceivable notion that, like many western men, you haven't a great insight into the Thai male psyche, it may be biased towards your personal or anecdotal experience of dating western women.

It may indeed be so.

Cause thai man are not manly, they are short and usually scrawny. Thats why farang women go after farang/middle eastern guys or african guys. Women like tall and muscular men, usually very few asian men have these qualities, and those who have these qualities can easily score a farang women.

Many Thais have fantastic well honed bodies, all muscle, Burmese workers I have had ditto

I was just looking through an old family album and found this photo of the wife . . .

IXMesZj.jpg

This is what happens when you don't take the bins out on bin day.

Thats disgusting...absolutely NO make up and wheres the whitening cream or is this the "white" version?

It's an Asian thing.

^ this

I think that intelligent men have more concerns about comunication and culture when is looking for a partner or serious relationship. That is the main reason why farang men may meet quality Thai women and Thai families when speaking perfect Thai. The same apply to farang ladies.....but...if is just for companion or "convenient" partnership the "market" is wide open to eveybody.

• Like 1

Might be a size thing ,( I mean height and build and not the other thing). I've been in Asia 12 years and now when I see Western women they just look really big. I don't mean fat I mean just tall, big feet , broad shoulders just ..........big

. I'm sure there are some elegant looking western women about but Asian women seem more ladylike

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe the submissiveness comment is from watching too many Thai soap operas.

In reality it's changed a lot with young Thai women, and I know this from my own extended Thai family.

My Thai daughter in law is intelligent, she has a post graduate degree, balanced, polite etc etc but she expects to be treated as an equal, nothing more nothing less.

And my son expects that they should treat each other as equals, they discuss everything, make decisions together, and support each other in every way, especially emotionally.

Son's wife has never been abroad, almost never seen western movies, she's part of a new generation, things change, always have done, always will, in every culture.

In fact most of Thai sons' friends all fit this picture.

I've lived here a few years and don't feel much of a connection with Thai men. Not the straight ones anyway. None to the point that I'd call em to hang out or anything. Same goes for most of my friends. Thai men just don't seem that interested in foreigners. In fact, I'd say most Thai women are into us bc 1) the money, 2) they got hurt by a Thai man, or 3) they're undesirable to locals. None of those reasons really apply to your average Thai guy looking for love.

Edited by eldragon

I saw a couple in the Thai airways lounge a couple of days ago..she very very pretty..he thai and a bit pompoi.

My thought as I saw them was that they looked mega happy, so for me I thought awesome. But you are right, we don't see it a lot and I'm not sure why, as they looked like they were peas in a pod.