Sinsod or Dowry.. why the big deal ?

fish fingers

F the sin sot , it's out of date old fashion a waste of my hard earned money, which I could be using for the future . Why Thais think that money grows on trees in western country's is beyond me...

Nobody thought money grows on the tree. How can thai guys get married then?

Most of my Thai friends married Thai guys got minimum 1million baht sin-sod excluded gold and etc.

I dont understand why some farang agaisnt to pay SinSod if they want to marry thai woman and this is a thai culture.

;-)

No, it´s not. Sin sot traces back to Chinese culture.
Most of Thais from South of China. How's different? We had and we did follow this for over thousand years.

If you do not called "cuture" what did you called?

:-)

Bullshit

I think that "B_llsh_it"....for yourself? People can give any comments or opinions if not agree try another reasons or debate not just swear words. That will show you have no education or if you had an education then it still doesnt help your manner. Ok na

My wife is Thai and I am a farang. We had a marriage ceremony in her village for her mother (she wanted to show-off to family/friends) and I gave her mother $100K as it is a Thai custom (like it or not).

My wife and I agreed to $100K and no more. $100K is reasonable and I never saw any of it back.

Paying the sinsod allowed her family to save face and it didn't break my bank account.

Agreeing to the sinsod avoided in-law family conflict from the start which my wife and I didn't need.

My wife and I have lived in the US for the past 4-years (going on 5-years) and we send her mother $10K every 2-weeks as she takes care of my wife's 2-kids from a prior marriage.

There has never been any buffalo stories or sick family members to extort money out of me even though my wife has told me countless times her family has encouraged her to take all my money and run.

Respectively, I trust no one as I am a law enforcement official. I do the family banking and generously purchase what my wife needs. She also has a job so she has her own money and learning to say no to her family (yes she has gotten burnt a few times).

I recommend any farang pursuing marriage to a Thai woman to keep it all in perspective and talk it through with your GF/wife to be--- Don't start out with "NO" but listen to her, remind her you are not the bank, and compromise when available.

Did you really give 100 thousand DOLLARS, or was it 100 thousand BAHT?

Same for the 10,000, dollars or baht?

If dollars, cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

There has never been any buffalo stories or sick family members to extort money out of me

No need if your forking over a fortune every fortnight. You do know that an average Thai wage in the city is about 10,000 baht a month, don't you?

If people like you give them that much, it's no wonder Thais think we have a magic money tree in our back yards at home.

F the sin sot , it's out of date old fashion a waste of my hard earned money, which I could be using for the future . Why Thais think that money grows on trees in western country's is beyond me...

Most of my Thai friends married Thai guys got minimum 1million baht sin-sod excluded gold and etc.

I dont understand why some farang agaisnt to pay SinSod if they want to marry thai woman and this is a thai culture.

;-)

Most of Thais from South of China. How's different? We had and we did follow this for over thousand years.

Bullshit

I think that "B_llsh_it"....for yourself? People can give any comments or opinions if not agree try another reasons or debate not just swear words. That will show you have no education or if you had an education then it still doesnt help your manner. Ok na

The acid test for marrying a Thai woman- tell her that the sin sod is only for show, and you want it back, and if they don't, you'll take it out of her allowance. If she agrees OK, if not, it's only about money, so bye bye, look for another sucker.

I thought OC had been outed as a 65 year old white American male?

Why is anyone still feeding this obvious troll?

Haha think you are right. One of his posts had the turn of phrase

" zip your mouth", which no Thai girl in history of Thailand would

use. Always fun to look for these little giveaways. :-)

I used this phrase"Zip your mouth" from Thai TV but i made in english version. I dont want to say "shut the F up"

I just talked like men sometimes.

You are a man...............coffee1.gif

Okay. Then what is my nationality? If i am a man i can have kids with husband?

I'm trying to stay awake, honestly. You either do, or you don't.

Anyway, I settled 100k baht and was the last I saw of it, never saw the inside of an envelope, either. Never expected to see it again and glad to say that the in-laws have saved it all and never spent a baht of it after more than four years. I can state this as absolute fact.

It's been repaid 100 times over already by my wife in what she does for me everyday. Was a cheap wedding compared to the average cost of a UK wedding, so saved at least £8k, including sin sot, on the day, alone.

Nothing to get excited about.

USA.............

trans this could be a new thread

is otocheater a man or women and were from,,,lol

You guys known I am a woman. Why would you reveal again? Not very good idea and even everyone agreed I am a man. So what? You will never find out anyway. 555

USA.............

trans this could be a new thread

is otocheater a man or women and were from,,,lol

You guys known I am a woman. Why would you reveal again? Not very good idea and even everyone agreed I am a man. So what? You will never find out anyway. 555

im personaly not botherd what you are,,,

it was a joke,,

but i think you missed it

being thai and a women

I have been perusing your posts for quite some time, otocheater. You are certainly high-maintenance and, on occasion, annoying. Sorry.

• Like 1

I used this phrase"Zip your mouth" from Thai TV but i made in english version. I dont want to say "shut the F up"

And look like one.

I have been perusing your posts for quite some time, otocheater. You are certainly high-maintenance and, on occasion, annoying. Sorry.

Mostly annoying.

;-)

Bullshit

I think that I have a lot better education than you have, but chicks like you thinks that their shit don't stink. I trive on chicks like you who think they are better then the rest of the world. I have been coming here for 12 years and I found that the best qualities that Thai ladies have are they are hypocrits and liars, so you need a good spanking not sin sod.

;-)

Bullshit

I think that I have a lot better education than you have, but chicks like you thinks that their shit don't stink. I trive on chicks like you who think they are better then the rest of the world. I have been coming here for 12 years and I found that the best qualities that Thai ladies have are they are hypocrits and liars, so you need a good spanking not sin sod.

Then you sound pretty old. I dont think you married and have any kids. From what you said no one want to lean on you. Lot better education? Went to Oxford, cambridge or harvard? If non of this stay away from me.

My husband went to one of uni i mention but he surrendered. I am not intetested to know you. Dont follow me.

I didnt force you to pay sin sod. Came here long time must got rip off from many girls that's why got insane when talk about sin sod. Hehehe

Edited by otocheater

You are a man...............coffee1.gif

Looks more like a gatoey, must be posting from The Casanova Bar.

If I am a gatoey I probably only one gatoey in the world who's got virgin ass. In nit?

But from my instinct I can feel some gay guy here want to follow me. And I am telling you...I am not going.

So you are trying to tell us you are a top and not a "bottom"

If I am a gatoey I probably only one gatoey in the world who's got virgin ass. In nit?

But from my instinct I can feel some gay guy here want to follow me. And I am telling you...I am not going.

I am trying to tell i am a woman. Top and bottom both is fine for me. I can handle every style.

• Like 1

Jesus said "It is better to give than to receive".

Edited by BritManToo

I am trying to tell i am a woman. Top and bottom both is fine for me. I can handle every style.

Ah ok got it now, you are post op.

Pre op top, post op bottom.

Jesus said "It is better to give than to receive".

Buddha said we should give first and then receive with happy at the end.

• Like 1