Forthcoming Thai music events in Pattaya

AbeSurd

I have a friend visiting Pattaya during the week beginning Monday December 8th.

I know he'd love to go to see some live Thai music. A concert/festival, bar band whatever.

Morlam music, or something 'traditionally' Thai would be perfect. But even a Thai rock band or pop band playing their own music would be fine.

What I mean is he won't be interested in seeing a Thai band playing western stuff like 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' or 'Rhinestone Cowboy' etc etc. Even the Blues Factory or Lam Morrison, great as they are, is probably not what's required on this occasion.

Can anyone suggest anywhere?

Thanks.

Supposed that your friend has to eat anyway, Ruen Thai Restaurant could be a suggestion. There is a traditional Thai floorshow every night from about 7.40PM. Don't expect an experience like a concert or festival, but it's a nice atmosphere and will not set your friend back much more than any other restaurant serving average food.

If your friend will be accompanied by a (bar) girl, I highly recommend the Irish Coffee. It's a bit expensive, 260 Baht, but if you like it is definitely worth the money.

Location is Second Road, opposite to Soi 13/2, behind Casa Pascal Restaurant.

I bet the musicians will have some more suggestions for your friend if needed.

Edited by Fransamsterdam

Supposed that your friend has to eat anyway, Ruen Thai Restaurant could be a suggestion. There is a traditional Thai floorshow every night from about 7.40PM. Don't expect an experience like a concert or festival, but it's a nice atmosphere and will not set your friend back much more than any other restaurant serving average food.

If your friend will be accompanied by a (bar) girl, I highly recommend the Irish Coffee. It's a bit expensive, 260 Baht, but if you like it is definitely worth the money.

Why? I like an irish coffee, do I have to be accompanied by a (bar) girl to be able to order one?

Yes, I've been to Ruen Thai before. I agree about the average food - but it's definitely worth considering for the music. Thanks for the reminder.

There's a place called Kapo Dang (I think that's the spelling). It's a Thai country/rock place. A few farangs, but mostly Thais. It's off South Pattaya road. Not 100% sure where, but I'll try to find out.

Another place called Country Place down towards Bang Saray. Live Thai music. Haven't been, but our neighbors love it.

As for Morlan, you'll have to find a concert/festival and these events aren't well publicized in the English media. Even trying to find upcoming dates for Carabao is next to impossible.

Why? I like an irish coffee, do I have to be accompanied by a (bar) girl to be able to order one?

No, you do not have to be accompanied by a (bar) girl to be able to order one. I only said that I would recommend it highly if you are. :-)

There's a place called Kapo Dang (I think that's the spelling). It's a Thai country/rock place. A few farangs, but mostly Thais. It's off South Pattaya road. Not 100% sure where, but I'll try to find out.

Another place called Country Place down towards Bang Saray. Live Thai music. Haven't been, but our neighbors love it.

As for Morlan, you'll have to find a concert/festival and these events aren't well publicized in the English media. Even trying to find upcoming dates for Carabao is next to impossible.

Info about Kapo Dang would be much appreciated, thanks. Location/hours. What style of music is 'Thai country/rock'?

Bang Saray will be little far I think.

Cheers.

Also, lots of places along 3rd road, and a few on North Pattaya road. Cater mostly to Thais and play Thai pop music.

I know Third Road fairly well but can't think where you mean. Can you be more specific? I think you mean the stretch between Central Road and North Road?

Is one of these 'Differ Pub' which I've just started reading about? On Soi Phet Trakun (Soi running behind the Big C on Second Road. The soi runs parallel to Second Road.)

Thanks.

Kapo Dang is on S. Pattaya road, South side. Not too far east of that gas station, that's not too far from 3rd road. There is a sign on the road. Down that small soi that is South off S. Pattaya Road. Very Thai. And fun. And very loud! 5555

Also, behind Moom Aroy (spelling?) on 3rd road, and near that traffic light between N. and Central Pattaya roads, is a place called Tum Nan Chon....or something like that. Country Thai place also. With Issan music. Very crowded. Very smoky.

Depending on how you feel about walking street, there is a very popular thai club on the right just as you enter WS from the north (beach) end.

Thai music and mostly if not all thai people.

Looks like it is a well liked place.

Walking Street is fine.

I think I know where you mean. Walked past many times though I've never been in. Is the club on the ground floor, or up one floor?

And just checking .... I think you don't mean Bamboo (which technically isn't on WS anyway)?

Cheers.

Kapo Dang is on S. Pattaya road, South side. Not too far east of that gas station, that's not too far from 3rd road. There is a sign on the road. Down that small soi that is South off S. Pattaya Road. Very Thai. And fun. And very loud! 5555

Also, behind Moom Aroy (spelling?) on 3rd road, and near that traffic light between N. and Central Pattaya roads, is a place called Tum Nan Chon....or something like that. Country Thai place also. With Issan music. Very crowded. Very smoky.

Excellent. Excellent. Thank you.

Do you know Differ Pub?

http://www.differ-pub.com/

Excellent. Excellent. Thank you.

Do you know Differ Pub?

http://www.differ-pub.com/

You mean Diff - Err? 5555555

Wifey use to love that place. But not so much now. Oriented towards the younger crowd. A Thai style disco that I believe also has live music....Thai pop stuff. Not my style, so never been.

For a really cool experience, try the roof top bars at Siam-@-Siam. Very hip. Great for a sundowner.

Depending on how you feel about walking street, there is a very popular thai club on the right just as you enter WS from the north (beach) end.

Walking Street is fine.

I think I know where you mean. Walked past many times though I've never been in. Is the club on the ground floor, or up one floor?

And just checking .... I think you don't mean Bamboo (which technically isn't on WS anyway)?

Cheers.

Nope, not bamboo bar (barf) and yes W.S. ground floor, though i admit it's been a while since i have been to WS to confirm.

Ruen Thai food was cold when I last went. Sent it back. Came back - no improvement. Asked to see some-one capable. Got an arsy 'head waiter' who had no customer service skills. Have never been back.

I agree. Food is poor there. I love the idea of seeing some classical thai and I like the semi outdoor setting, but the food has never been good. Last trip I ordered a fish and it was obviously resused and re-heated and terrible. I will go back because of the performers but I will get something more basic foodwise. Sorry ruen thai, you folks could have a dynamite place there.

As for other Thai music, down at the very beginning of walking street on the right there is a bar that has a stage and there is always a lady with two backups from Isaan. If you are in that area, it is worth stopping in to. Nothing great about the interior of the place, but she tells jokes, stories, sings and they dance

Walking Street is fine.

Cheers.

Nope, not bamboo bar (barf) and yes W.S. ground floor, though i admit it's been a while since i have been to WS to confirm.

Yesterday it was still there, great Place to have fun and your eardrum busted.

• Like 1