Former CIB chief taken to remand prison

Lite Beer

Not a chance, but no doubt plenty here will believe its all about cleaning up corruption. giggle.gif

Its cleaning up corruption and neutering the Shins 2 noble causes. Now if the Shins were to release what they know about corruption of the army we might be getting somewhere. I hate corruption so its good he goes down and would applaud corrupt guys being taken down on the side that i support too.

Too bad this will probably not happen. The side that is in power usually goes after those that are corrupt on the other side. But at least some get caught.

Sorry rob. I think you are barking up the wrong tree. Cant be long before this thread gets closed.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance, but no doubt plenty here will believe its all about cleaning up corruption. giggle.gif

Its cleaning up corruption and neutering the Shins 2 noble causes. Now if the Shins were to release what they know about corruption of the army we might be getting somewhere. I hate corruption so its good he goes down and would applaud corrupt guys being taken down on the side that i support too.

Too bad this will probably not happen. The side that is in power usually goes after those that are corrupt on the other side. But at least some get caught.

"There is none so blind as those who will not see"

Agree with your sentiment on corruption, but the real story is written between the lines!!coffee1.gif

I have read the story as well, that is if you are talking about the BP story, and in fact that is just a result of the events, not the other way around.

Feel free to PM me if I'm referring to the wrong story, or if you want to explain something I don't get.

Meanwhile, police said yesterday three of the safes confiscated from the houses of Pongpat's family members contained no valuable items, Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thawornsiri said yesterday. He said it was possible that any valuables in the safes might have been removed before they were confiscated by police.

laugh.png

Before or after??whistling.gif

The picture in the OP made my day!!thumbsup.gif

Nice to see this piece of human garbage go down!!

Karma is a bitch!!

Haha, brought a smile to my face as well to see him doing the perp walk.

Normally the rich and powerful in these situations never look very

worried as they know nothing will really happen to them . However.....

in this case he is going down in flames and fully realizes it.

"There is none so blind as those who will not see"

Agree with your sentiment on corruption, but the real story is written between the lines!!coffee1.gif

I have read the story as well, that is if you are talking about the BP story, and in fact that is just a result of the events, not the other way around.

Feel free to PM me if I'm referring to the wrong story, or if you want to explain something I don't get.

Sorry in the present very sensitive situation I prefer to keep my thoughts and theories in my head!!

Anyone trying to get a better understanding of what is going on needs to go to the website of the other paper and read their coverage from the past few days, including today's lead story. It goes in to more detail, with more information why certain charges were laid. It's will enable many people to fill in the gaps for themselves seeing how it cannot be discussed here.

• Like 2

Anyone trying to get a better understanding of what is going on needs to go to the website of the other paper and read their coverage from the past few days, including today's lead story. It goes in to more detail, with more information why certain charges were laid. It's will enable many people to fill in the gaps for themselves seeing how it cannot be discussed here.

It indeed explains why certain charges are laid, but it doesn't say that this was the particular reason for the bust, as many people try to insinuate.

In fact I think that particular fact has saved them from getting busted for many years.

Why is it only the police are being caught? The tentacles of this corruption must go very far?

With so much money the accumulation must have included decisions of fair justice? Again the tentacles would go very far?

Every country has its bad washing. It’s just Thailand’s turn to remove some of it.

Where can one see the list of what was recovered?

What a bummer; a month ago this man would have been having better dreams, now he should be living a nightmare

The picture in the OP made my day!!thumbsup.gif

Nice to see this piece of human garbage go down!!

Karma is a bitch!!

Naivety even a bigger bitch! wai.gif

The reason for this guy's downfall really doesn't matter!!

What counts is, that this thieving, greedy and immoral excuse of a human being is about to face the music!!

Gloating?? You bet, I am!!coffee1.gif

Wonderful how the gullible are lapping up every rumor on this and turning it into reality in their own minds to the stage of calling others who prefer to believe fact rather than rumor naïve.

Read reports in other publications and see if you can twist what they say into something that cant be mentioned, cant be talked about, to sensitive. Great excuses for carrying on rumor without actually saying it.

But its on facebook or some other social media and they are always accurate even though anyone can put anything they like on there.

And some overseas publications have got hold of the rumors as well, yep, sensationalism sells, particularly when theres no accountability to go with it. Wonder whose PR dept sends them their stories ?

Never mind, the know it alls are having a great time being superior when nobody can prove anything one way or the other.

• Like 1

Why is it only the police are being caught? The tentacles of this corruption must go very far?

With so much money the accumulation must have included decisions of fair justice? Again the tentacles would go very far?

Every country has its bad washing. It’s just Thailand’s turn to remove some of it.

What a bummer; a month ago this man would have been having better dreams, now he should be living a nightmare

It's not only the police that are being implicated, some civilians already are and the case continues to be investigated.

Forbidden wood planks belonging to former CIB chief discovered inside private property compound

11-29-2014-11-18-31-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Provincial and crime suppression police impounded 400 planks of teak and maka mong wood (scientifically known as Afzelia xylocarpa Craib) after a search of a house in Bangyai district of Nonthaburi on Saturday.

The forbidden wood planks were told by the housekeeper they belonged to former CIB commissioner Pol-Lt Gen Pongpat Chayaphan.

The house belongs to a suspect Mr Chob Chinaprapha, a member of the bribery gang run by the former CIB commissioner Pol Lt Gen Pongpat

A search of the house which is among four houses located in the same compound found the wood planks hidden inside two containers.

Chob’s brother Sayant, caretaker of the compound, told the police all the wood planks were taken into his compound four years ago to take care of.

He said what he was told by his brother was that all the wood planks belong to Pol Lt Gen Pongpat.

A police officer in the search team said initial examination showed all the wood planks were sawn from a sawmill and some were stamped with official emblems.

He said the police would impound am the planks until owner could produce documents all the wood planks are legally acquired,

Earlier yesterday another police team searched a furniture factory at Muang Thong Thani and discovered moire than 2,800 planks of teak, maka mong, and pradoo lai woods.

All the wood planks worth more than seven million baht were confiscated.

The police are also seeking cooperation from the Fine Arts Department to join the search tea an when several items of ancient artefacts were also found inside the factory’s go down.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/forbidden-wood-planks-belonging-former-cib-chief-discovered-inside-private-property-compound

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-11-29

Blimey this wood if turned into paper bank notes would be worth less!!

Didnt realise the stuff was so pricey.

Prawut said that police had received a letter from HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's secretary informing them about the cancellation of the surname.

I wonder if the full background to this will be published inside Thailand.

Looks like the foreground is murky enough. Fat chance of the background becoming clear. Perhaps, it is all relative.

It doesn't matter who is in power, red, blue, yellow, camouflage - it is what it has always been in Thailand - "Just Smoke & Mirrors".

If we arrested everyone working for a Thai government department that was or is corrupt there would be no working government…

It's not only the police that are being implicated, some civilians already are and the case continues to be investigated.

Thats true SG, but they are related to the police work.

Prawut said that police had received a letter from HRH Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's secretary informing them about the cancellation of the surname.

One of the english papers in Thailand, has the story - the Thai script media, is a bit slower, it's not there yet - if it will be, i'm pretty sure most publishers will be very carefull, with this topic.

But i guess we found out, what the arrest of the CIB fat cat, and the others was about - we won't see any major cleanup. This was a isolated case.

This is not an isolated case. The empty safes they found should be pursued. An operation of this size must have a far reaching scope or justice is not done.

One of the english papers in Thailand, has the story - the Thai script media, is a bit slower, it's not there yet - if it will be, i'm pretty sure most publishers will be very carefull, with this topic.

But i guess we found out, what the arrest of the CIB fat cat, and the others was about - we won't see any major cleanup. This was a isolated case.

This is not an isolated case. The empty safes they found should be pursued. An operation of this size must have a far reaching scope or justice is not done.

not sure this is about justice

Gosh ... look at this guy. Think of it. Just a few months ago he was taking for granted his many properties, pondering what to do with his stash cash and scooting about in his Bentley or Benz probably chauffer driven. I don't envy him or pity him. The social cost of corruption is immense.

• Like 1

Gosh ... look at this guy. Think of it. Just a few months ago he was taking for granted his many properties, pondering what to do with his stash cash and scooting about in his Bentley or Benz probably chauffer driven. I don't envy him or pity him. The social cost of corruption is immense.

I came across this article/blog on the internet by someone who actually knew Pongpat before all this blew up which gives an interesting view of him as a person - certainly doesn't paint him as the archetypal bent copper he appears to be now. Of course it doesn't mean he is not guilty of what is alleged but does give some background.

http://www.jimalgie.com/thai-police-scandal-top-cops-go-down-in-blaze-of-allegations/

I had a good read of this on Beeb this morning , then had a look on here

I'm surprised its gone on the Forum at all to be honest. Potential for people getting themselves in a pickle is quite high. I must admit that I push the site boundaries when it comes to Junta nay speak , but this ones a little bit different