Bringing down the average

patongphil

Well we certainly did our part of bringing down the average rice yield this year. 4 rai and only 840kgs of rice. Must admit that 2 of the rai we didn't even bother to reap as virtually no rice at all and plenty of weeds, grass etc.

Amazing how people can talk of living off the land etc when some of us live ni areas where there is no water to pump and when the rains don't come all dies.

My fish will be very lucky to make it through this dry season as we are starting off with so little in the dams

Poor chap! That is an extremely low yield. My wife has only 7 rais, but she sold 3'904 kg and is still keeping 22 bags for consumption. We had abundant rain in upper Surin province this season and cannot complain. Only the rice price is low now, we got 10.50 for top grade jasmin rice, which is extremely little. It doesn't bother us at all, I make good money in the Thai stock market. Here a picture of our rice this year, taken November 1st.

post-5472-0-79104300-1417358639_thumb.jp

Edited by Dario

the area im in, Kasset Waisai,,

has had a good year good crop. rain at the right time , but it started off very poor,

but the price has gone right down

i dont get involved in the rice,,,

but i did ask how much they were getting for it ,, 7 ,,8 bht

so its in the rice house at the moment not for sale

and the harvesting is just about finished,,