Why isn't Dumb and Dumber 2 being shown in Thailand?

Mike West

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Guess that wont stop the film appearing on the stalls very soon for 50thb or so

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Maybe not very soon, but definitely coming.;b++){var>

The Cam's are making the circuit already..........................rolleyes.gif

post-76988-0-13951300-1417418052_thumb.j

(Image inserted so as not to insert links into post) Click on image to enlarge.

Edited by chrisinth

There are no plans to release this film in Thailand.

It has been released in Malaysia 27 November.

Why?

Hard to know, but likely business reasons, not the cheapest film to release and the soy bean counters might reckon there isn't that big of a market for it here.

They tend to release the sure thing blockbusters and also C grade direct to video movies that cost almost nothing to release and can fool enough people here to think it's worth the ticket price.

A lot of people here would think the movie is making fun of them personally. Or a family member.

Or maybe it's for the best, otherwise they'd think "this is the way all falang are."

Disagree with your first point but agree with the second: Thais are far smarter than dumb falang.

I think they will show it sooner or later , Thais like crazy humor so a bit surprised this movie has not been announced. I know The Hangover movies was very popular among Thais.

I think they will show it sooner or later , Thais like crazy humor so a bit surprised this movie has not been announced. I know The Hangover movies was very popular among Thais.

No. There are no plans to release in Thailand at all not this year or next. Only a small percentage of films released in the U.S. or Europe are ever released in Thailand and many that are released in Thailand were never released in the west because they are so crappy. That's the way it is.

• Like 1

Can't imagine - other than for true fans of an actor why anyome would want to watch something so painful.....

15-20 years ago there was a youthful excuse for a movie like this (actor age wise) now it appears as a pathetic "pay day" sequel.....nothing more....

It's hard to elaborate on/re-celebrate the original stupidity.....maybe they'll incorporate in the Cheech and Chong film festival when it gets here.....

It's not exactly "The Mask".....

Edited by pgrahmm