Thais Are Not Racists.

Costas2008

Some of them are racist some are not. Usually the simple, not well off thais are the ones that are not racist but nice curious and welcoming.

On the flip side it's usually the wealthy inbred that are stuck in their own illusion and tend to dislike anything that's not pure thai.

Pure Thai you mean Chinese Thai?

No. I meant pure thai.

A lot of new houses being built in my Moobaan. Which means a lot of Burmese & Thai Yai workers. I speak fluent Thai & I swear one would think we have been invaded by Mexican drug cartels!! My middle class Thai neighbors are ALL muttering about being robbed, murdered & other dire things happening to them. Thais not racist? What a joke!!

I actually can accept that one can be in this country for decades, and not take a single note of any rascism. You can be blind and not see a single thing, and you can be deaf and not her a shit...

But still for me myself, to be to that extent deaf and blind I would have stayed home.. what fun is it to NOT know anything of what goes on around us.....

Yes foolish people......

glegolo

Hmmm Costas2008, I am a bit (just a bit) disappointed, otherwise I am a fan of your often very nice and openminded postings here.

But this time I think you shot over the goal with at least 2-3 meters...... Only because you did find one candle in an otherwise dark world, doesn´t mean that thai have stopped being rascists... Dont forget by the way to pay your "tribute" to their community on your way out of that event......

This is an saga, a "I wish it was like that" fairy tale.............You will NEVER be part of that community and even your offspring (children) will be redujced to falang or lukh khreung in the eyes of thai...... Here in Thailand, they look at your face and than at your skin and finally at your body to determin what to call you,, not your name but a nickname like falang, nicko and so on.. there is always a sutiable "name" for anything that is not born in Thailand...

Glegol

Glegolo, I can only say what I have experienced.

And in the past 7 years I've been living here, I haven't experienced any racism from the Thais.

Yes, there are many things I don't agree with them and I always state these things and my opinions on this forum.

But never any racism.

On the other hand I respect your opinion and observations.

I can only say what happened to me and not the others.

• Like 1

Hmmm Costas2008, I am a bit (just a bit) disappointed, otherwise I am a fan of your often very nice and openminded postings here.

But this time I think you shot over the goal with at least 2-3 meters...... Only because you did find one candle in an otherwise dark world, doesn´t mean that thai have stopped being rascists... Dont forget by the way to pay your "tribute" to their community on your way out of that event......

This is an saga, a "I wish it was like that" fairy tale.............You will NEVER be part of that community and even your offspring (children) will be redujced to falang or lukh khreung in the eyes of thai...... Here in Thailand, they look at your face and than at your skin and finally at your body to determin what to call you,, not your name but a nickname like falang, nicko and so on.. there is always a sutiable "name" for anything that is not born in Thailand...

Glegol

Glegolo, I can only say what I have experienced.

And in the past 7 years I've been living here, I haven't experienced any racism from the Thais.

Yes, there are many things I don't agree with them and I always state these things and my opinions on this forum.

But never any racism.

On the other hand I respect your opinion and observations.

I can only say what happened to me and not the others.

Yes you are right of course, that´s all we can do,,, experience our own stuff and live with it..

have a nice day

Glegolo

If he wasn't a racist he would have called you Mr. Costas from Greece

But your skin colour was the only thing he saw.

Why, oh why do you have to be so negative?

Costas is a difficult name for Thais to understand and pronounce.

Also I'm not a bit bothered to be called a farang.

Nothing wrong with that as far as I can see.

Wow, good onya Costas it is great to read a post that does not bash the Thai people . So many come here to live and yet alot of them dont see the good side of Thailand .Thailand has been very good to me , and I am so happy living here in Chiang Rai.

• Like 1

Wow, good onya Costas it is great to read a post that does not bash the Thai people . So many come here to live and yet alot of them dont see the good side of Thailand .Thailand has been very good to me , and I am so happy living here in Chiang Rai.

It is really astonishing to hear or read when people tells me that Thailand has been very good to them!!! Thailand doesn´t do a single thing to me, not a damn shit. I can die on the street and they just dont care.

But maybe you think they do very good to you because they let you live and not kill you,,,,, yet???

Glegolo

It is really astonishing to hear or read when people tells me that Thailand has been very good to them!!! Thailand doesn´t do a single thing to me, not a damn shit. I can die on the street and they just dont care.

But maybe you think they do very good to you because they let you live and not kill you,,,,, yet???

Gle

It is how you want to live here .

Glegolo

It is how you react to the Thai people that gives you a better life here . The Thai people are very kind and I have had experiences just like costas .I also had a very successful construction company and most of the Thai workers were great . They worked hard and made it a very successful project unlike my home country where the unions rule every building site .

Let me live? MAN YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS