Looking to play Golf - now you can hire the best

bazmlb

Setforehire was established in 2011 by a team of golf enthusiasts based in Asia,

the world’s fastest growing golfing continent.

logo.png5.png

As frequent golf travelers they have experienced at first hand the problems associated with transporting a oversized, heavy and awkwardly shaped piece of luggage to and from our dream golfing destination. The costs in airline charges and insurance, the stress of damage or lost luggage, the hassle of transportation to and from airports, they have been there and done that.

It was after one such excursion that they were sitting in the 19th hole discussing a solution to this problem. Some bright spark came up with the idea to leave the clubs at home and hire.

But golf equipment hire is nothing new, it’s been around for many years. However, take a moment - as they did - to ask yourself these simple questions about equipment hire:

1. how often are you been able to select your clubs in advance?
2. how often are you given the choice of the latest golf equipment in pristine condition?
3. how often are you allowed to own the clubs for the duration of your visit?
4. how often are the clubs delivered to your door and collected at the end of your visit?
5. how often do you get to the golf course and find you have been given an old battered set of clubs and a pair of dirty shoes?

I would venture to suggest that the only positive response you can offer is to the final question!

So the idea was born. To give the traveling golfer a high-end golf equipment hire service at competitive prices.

And their target market stretches beyond the serious golf tourist. They can cater for business travelers in need of a quick golf fix; tourists on a family holiday feeling the urge to hit the links; inbound and local travelers alike; traveling golf societies and even for golfers looking to try out the latest equipment for a week. No hire is too short and they can facilitate extended hires.

Their deep knowledge of the Thailand golf industry led us to select the Kingdom as our breakthrough destination.

Read more or Hire a set today - click here

• Like 1

Most airlines will cover loss or damage to golf clubs if they are in a proper travel case such as SKB.

There are companies that will transport your clubs to wherever you want to play, such as UPS, ShipSticks.com, LuggageForward.com, LugLess.com, and others.

Anybody too lazy to take their golf clubs to play golf is not at all serious about playing golf, so for them this service might suffice.

• Like 1

There are companies that will transport your clubs to wherever you want to play, such as UPS, ShipSticks.com, LuggageForward.com, LugLess.com, and others.

I thouht I would take a look at your suggestions to make a fair comparison.

• ShipSticks.com - do not ship to Thailand
  • LuggageForward.com - Current Restrictions shipping shipping to Thailand, unable to process
  • LugLess.com - $417 USA to thailand for 1 set of clubs

I can hire through set for hire a set of Taylor made for $45 per day

• Like 1

Those prices are very high, When i go home to Portugal i sometimes use these people if i dont want to lug my clubs from Thailand. http://www.clubstohire.com/ 35 Euros for a week is very reasonable compared to these guys. the only reason i would do it, is that flying London to Portugal on Easy Jet they charge you 30 Euros each way for transporting golf clubs. Obviously the long haul sections Bangkok to London they dont charge on business class, however it is a pain getting them to and from airports,

A serious golfer knows his own clubs intimately and wouldn't want to bother to try to play with a hired set.

Be interested to hear your definition of a "serious" golfer?

For those who "enjoy" golf and the opportunity arose and they did not have their clubs to hand then why not. In terms of the OP however I would suggest that the pricing is only going to appeal to the wealthier tourist/business person.