Why does the Thai govt. make it so hard for me to spend a lot of money in Thailand.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons: no explicit statement/timing for that.

An ever ongoing battle between the desire of getting money out of tourists and the xenophobic fear of foreigners that might exploit the country (illegal work, criminal activities).

Some good reasons to be suspicious about the second group.

I you are over 50 go the Non O-A visa route. Gives you up to two years of free movement in/out (with a little planning and not cost a fortune).

Are you?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

How is it easy for other nationalities to access even with right resources to most falangs countries?

Time to stop complaining... If you respond to requirements, things are quiet simple and you can get one year visa with multiple entries for peanuts.

• Like 2

How is it easy for other nationalities to access even with right resources to most falangs countries?

Time to stop complaining... If you respond to requirements, things are quiet simple and you can get one year visa with multiple entries for peanuts.

The difference is that "falang countries" are often of high average income and resources, while Thailand is not.

And to "respond to requirement" is just another way of saying "if you're younger than me, or unmarried, go away".

• Like 1

Because quite honestly they don't really want us here.

BS - they dont want SOME of us here, and in some cases I dont blame the Thais at all. The problem with this crackdown hasnt been the stated aim - to expel those working illegally in Thailand - it has been the implementation. If there are individual IOs with an axe to grind, then they've had ample opportunity to do so - in the OPs case he hasnt even gotten that far but on paper he sees like an ideal candidate for the Elite Visa.

• Like 2

Reasons: no explicit statement/timing for that.

An ever ongoing battle between the desire of getting money out of tourists and the xenophobic fear of foreigners that might exploit the country (illegal work, criminal activities).

Some good reasons to be suspicious about the second group.

I you are over 50 go the Non O-A visa route. Gives you up to two years of free movement in/out (with a little planning and not cost a fortune).

Are you?

Have you tried getting an O-A in the uk? I was quite happy shelling out for a non O when i hit 50. Now i can only get an O-A from london and only after getting certified that i dont have a couple of african based diseases or drug addiction and the 3rd stage of clap

.......find a doctor that will test you for that lot in the uk. Mine just looked at me as if i was drunk.....

Because quite honestly they don't really want us here.

Why should they?

So why the both of you are staying where you feel to not be wanted ?

I don't feel strongly about it either way. I'm not needy enough to get upset about whether the locals want me here or not.

• Like 1

I told the street merchant, "I give you 3 million baht!!!!" They replied, "10 baht." I say, "NO, 3 million baht I give you and no change!!!' Another response, "10 baht." UGGGGG!!!!!

later that night I was mugged by a few farang.

OMG ! Another wannabe, how many more lying gits are come here spouting rubbish.

If you got than much money mate why you so bothered about accessing a "cheap" country long term. That speaks volumes !! Spending your SAS or Special forces pension too huh...mmwwwaaahhhhhh

Well if The OP is so loaded, he won't have any problems. Likely case is, he's another Digital Pikey

Well if The OP is so loaded, he won't have any problems. Likely case is, he's another Digital Pikey

What's a Digital Pikey?

it is a derisive term a claque lifelong salarymen, labourers and pensioners on here apply to those who make a living on the internet on their own terms and whose youth and unmarried status make it difficult to live and work in thailand due to an absence of visa to suit their circumstance.

• Like 1