Wife gave me iPhone 6, Should I be suspicious?

CarlTyson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Take it to a phone shop and do a reload of the operating system of the phone.... :-)

Then you will be safe from tracking software. This software can show exactly where

you are, record every call and message, including programs like whatsapp. Pretty

scary stuff......

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

From setting go in to privacy then location services from their you can switch on or off.Go share my location and see if any friends can track you on the page that has share my location at bottom off Paige is system services tap on that and see if frequent locations is on if it is you can see list of every place you have been.

Reinstall the OS. That way it guarantees that the phone is not jailbroken. After that, you can not be tracked without giving your express permission (e.g. using Find My Friends or Find My iPhone).

• Like 1

Turn off Find My iPhone, Family Sharing & Photo Stream. As others have said, reload the OS to make sure it's not jailbroken. Then review Privacy settings. You don't have to disable Location Services (otherwise Maps/GPS won't work), but limit which apps share location & you'll be fine.

What I would do... Find a taxi driver I trust & let him carry it around with him for the day. In the meantime, go out to a bar or cafe, hang out a few hours, and collect the phone from the driver at the end of the day. Sit back & see what happens.

Edited by USNret
  • Like 1

This is interesting.

I would find a friend or other way to see who or what you know about someone who is going on a trip. Depending where you are, if up North find someone who is going down to Bangkok or some other distance place, if it is a friend ask him to take it with him. Then after if she says what you go to Bangkok for or if you are from Bangkok give it to some one who is going to Pattaya.

You will know then

A category of spy software or called stealth software can be installed. It doesn't show anywhere, you can't see it. Your actions on phone, SMS, calls, emails, chatting.... Everything is sent to who is monitoring you.

Some people above are talking about map etc... They simply have no clue of what they talk about like usual here in tvforums.

Only way is to reset phone like new.

Have fun

• Like 1

A category of spy software or called stealth software can be installed. It doesn't show anywhere, you can't see it. Your actions on phone, SMS, calls, emails, chatting.... Everything is sent to who is monitoring you.

Some people above are talking about map etc... They simply have no clue of what they talk about like usual here in tvforums.

Only way is to reset phone like new.

Have fun

You fit in rather well then.James Bond.

Il buy it from you then you can go get a new identical one from mbk. Cant guarantee she will be impressed with your travels tho. So you didnt go to work you lounged around in ekkamai headed to a pub around 33 then spent the small hours of the morning at soi 4 or maybe patpong1? Thatd fix her up.

Thais don't give gifts unless there is something in it for themselves.

Not true, my wife won some money on the Thai lottery, she bought me a gold chain necklace for that money.

A Thai cop asked me once what English football team I thought would win in a football match, I gave him my very uncertain answer and also the scores and the team I thought would win, won, with the exact score I told him, he gave me a single malt whisky bottle (1 litre) afterwards, he even tracked me down where I lived, in order to be able to give it to me.

AIS has nothing to do with forwarding anything. A reset will take away all spyware.

To use iPhone you have to register onto

iPhones icloud with email. So if you haven't done that with your own email / account then do it. You can reset mobile in settings and thereafter register account of your choice. In icloud you have gps that shows where you are and if she have 2 mobile phones registered on same account she can sync with yours and she will know all contacts and history of visited websites.

Edited by sead
  • Like 1