Ramp to put motorbike on front porch

Kenny202

You can have one knocked out quick at the local welding shop. Just make sure they have the correct measurements.

I personally would tell them to make 2x triangular frames and connect them with "L" brackets that the tyres will roll up and on. Two reasons; traction and it should knock off any crap that's on the tyres. Probably be heavier than using diamond plating though.

You can have one knocked out quick at the local welding shop. Just make sure they have the correct measurements.

I personally would tell them to make 2x triangular frames and connect them with "L" brackets that the tyres will roll up and on. Two reasons; traction and it should knock off any crap that's on the tyres. Probably be heavier than using diamond plating though.

I agree a Scalene triangle conneted with angle iron with the V facing the tires.

Three pieces of brick, one on top of another and one alone.

AJS, gone native on us.

AJS is practical. bricks just do fine but they break apart sometime and you need to put new ones. that is all.

i believe, we farang think too much sometime and locals here are much more practical than us.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

AJS is practical. bricks just do fine but they break apart sometime and you need to put new ones. that is all.

i believe, we farang think too much sometime and locals here are much more practical than us.

Sure you could do that...but it would look like a gypo lives there...

Sure you could do that...but it would look like a gypo lives there...

who cares what it looks like. especially in thailand:)

Edited by ll2

i mean thinking about it again and it depends. if it is a house belongs to you and you plan to live there for many years to come and you use the ramp for your bikes many times, than you can do a proper ramp from concrete and iron and use it nicely.

If you want to make it look neat and removable, go to a metal shop and get a simple "U" section made from sheet metal. 50mm sides and 300mm top about 1m long, made from 2.5mm sheet.

The part that fits on the porch will need the sides removed a little so that there isn't a step when you go down, plus it will need anchoring to stop it slipping. Paint with paint with sand added for grip.

If you plan on riding up the ramp maybe make it wider and brace it underneath.

If looks are unimportant, bricks or course gravel.