Obama calls for $6bn US Ebola cash

webfact

Ebola crisis: Obama urges Congress to approve aid

WASHINGTON: -- US President Barack Obama has renewed calls for Congress to approve $6bn (£3.8bn) in emergency aid to fight the deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

The president made the plea on a visit to the National Institutes of Health, where he congratulated scientists on work towards a vaccine.

The WHO says 6,055 people have died in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea.

The medical charity, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF), has again strongly criticised the international response.

It described it as patchy and slow, with the job of tackling the crisis largely left to doctors, nurses and charity organisations.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30302726

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-03

I could give a rats <deleted> about Africa........likewise to Obummer

Dude, if it isn't controlled in Africa, it goes big and it goes global. This is the best way to stop that. The only way really. Bury your obvious and disturbing biases about Africa and see the light, mate.

• Like 1

Dude, if it isn't controlled in Africa, it goes big and it goes global. This is the best way to stop that. The only way really. Bury your obvious and disturbing biases about Africa and see the light, mate.

Maybe all on any US Government Checks take a 20 per cent cut in checks so the money can used to fight Ebola

I am will to take 20 per cent less Social Security

I think you will as a concern citizen

When Obama starts writing checks for his causes then Obama can start asking money for his causes.

Obama has turned into nothing more than a wealth shifting President. He needs to be deported to a country that has a different form of governance. God, I cannot believe I voted this fool. Shame on me.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

I as a so call black man but I do not vote for Obama or a Democrat for the last 40 years

But it amazes me that Whites and even Jews voted for this half white half black man

So you're a black republican? Can I have your autograph?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I as a so call black man but I do not vote for Obama or a Democrat for the last 40 years

But it amazes me that Whites and even Jews voted for this half white half black man

I will met for a Beer and you can explain why you like the Obama

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When Obama starts writing checks for his causes then Obama can start asking money for his causes.

Obama has turned into nothing more than a wealth shifting President. He needs to be deported to a country that has a different form of governance. God, I cannot believe I voted this fool. Shame on me.

Good to know you're immune from Ebola. For the rest of the world that is not, Obama's "cause" to aid in controlling, treating, and eradicating ebola is greatly helped by generous aid from the US Congress who controls the government's budget. When the rest of the world donates millions, the USA donates billions despite its own needs.

• Like 1

I will met for a Beer and you can explain why you like the Obama
I don't wanna marry him. I like some of his policies and dislike others.

Obama is worse than a drunk sailor, at least a drunk sailor stops spending when he is broke. Obama just borrows more. Worst president of modern times without a doubt.

You obviously missed the thread about Congress's tax bill, and him halving the deficit.

But you know, don't let facts get in the way of a good moan.

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, in Africa:

http://www.vox.com/2014/12/2/7318913/ebola-virus-outbreak

America has stopped paying attention, but Ebola is still ravaging Sierra Leone

Are the Commie countries during better or the Muslims Countries America is giving to much

Yes I have made private donation to agencies to help blacks in Africa

Have you ever given money to help Blacks in Africa or do you just want others to give like a true liberal.

Did you ever pray for the poor or you do not believe on God?

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Meanwhile, in Africa:

Are the Commie countries during better or the Muslims Countries America is giving to much

Have you ever given money to help Blacks in Africa or do you just want others to give like a true liberal.

I want y'all to pay it all. Especially those who cling to their bibles. cheesy.gif

Next ...

Dude......I'm not your "Mate"

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in Africa:

I want y'all to pay it all. Especially those who cling to their bibles. cheesy.gif

Next ...

better than clinging to Yo Mama's tit

Obama is worse than a drunk sailor, at least a drunk sailor stops spending when he is broke. Obama just borrows more. Worst president of modern times without a doubt.

You obviously missed the thread about Congress's tax bill, and him halving the deficit.

halved the deficit.....your delusional

• Like 1

You're right, how stupid of me:

Bush's last deficit: $1.2 Trillion

Obama's 2014 deficit (projected): $483 Billion.

So reduced it by nearly 60%, not 50.

My bad.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2014/10/16/stop-and-smell-the-roses-final-2014-federal-deficit-fell-big-time/

My bad.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2014/10/16/stop-and-smell-the-roses-final-2014-federal-deficit-fell-big-time/

I wasn't going to bother to comment, but your ignorance of U.S. politics is a bit embarrassing. Also, perhaps you should follow your own advice, about not letting the facts get in the way of a good moan.

As to follow up on a comment I made in another thread, basically, Obama and crew, got caught running their mouths and the Republicans called their bluff. The fact is, the sequester threat was only to put pressure on the Republicans to negotiate, Obama didn't think they would ever pass anything like that, because of the Defense Budget cuts involved. As usual, he was wrong. The only difference this time, is his mistakes may have saved us money, instead of costing us more.

Of course you don't have to take my word for it, here is one of several articles, from the Washington Post, and there are several from CNN, if you could be bothered to do some research. Is it accurate to say Obama is responsible for the decrease? I suppose so, but to say it was intentional, or smart planning on his part is ridiculous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

As to Ebola and Africa, they have my sympathy, but I don't think simply throwing money at the problem is the solution. There are many wonderful people in Africa, but all the aid we have dumped in there over the decades, hasn't very successful. Fact is, with a few exceptions, it is Third World s***hole from top to bottom.

• Like 2

My bad.

Well, I will admit you hit a home run with your opening statement.

I am guessing you are counting 2009 as the last budget year of the Bush administration. Under normal changes of administrations, that would be a reasonable thing to do but you forget, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi were in charge of both Houses of Congress in 2008 and had other thoughts in mind about the 2009 budget.

The budget as presented by the Bush administration called for government spending of $3.107 trillion and an estimated revenue of $2.7 trillion with the accompanying deficit being $407 Billion.

The Democratic Congress did not immediately approve the budget but they did continue to fund the government with continuing resolutions beyond the 1 October 2008 new fiscal year start. You see, there was going to be a new President on 20 January 2009 and the Democrats thought he and the party should have the power of the budget to do with as they wished and not as his predecessor desired.

When Obama took office the 2009 budget had not been approved so new spending bills came out of the woodwork and the money flew fast and furious. Remember the 2009 economic stimulus package? Yep, passed by the Obama administration but on the Bush budget.

To make a long story short, the 2009 budget including spending and revenue was signed into law on 11 March 2009 by Barack Obama.

The spending amount finally approved had grown from the originally requested $3.107 trillion into the grand sum of $3.518 trillion.

The revenue projection had gone from an estimated $2.7 trillion to a rather diminished amount of $2.105 trillion.

In summary, the Bush administration had no impact on the 2009 government expenditures. It was the Obama administration and the Democratic party control of both Houses of Congress that caused that, in your words, $1.2 trillion deficit.

By the way the real deficit for 2009 was the princely sum of $1.413 trillion, even though Bush had estimated a deficit of $407 Billion.

It is shenanigans such as this that have soured the American electorate over the past few years. Here he has requested $6 Billion to help on the ebola crisis and his administration has been hemorrhaging money for the past six years. To this administration $6 Billion is chump change.

At some point in time, people get fed up and say enough is enough. Hopefully that time started on 4 November 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

My bad.

I wasn't going to bother to comment, but your ignorance of U.S. politics is a bit embarrassing. Also, perhaps you should follow your own advice, about not letting the facts get in the way of a good moan.

As to follow up on a comment I made in another thread, basically, Obama and crew, got caught running their mouths and the Republicans called their bluff. The fact is, the sequester threat was only to put pressure on the Republicans to negotiate, Obama didn't think they would ever pass anything like that, because of the Defense Budget cuts involved. As usual, he was wrong. The only difference this time, is his mistakes may have saved us money, instead of costing us more.

Of course you don't have to take my word for it, here is one of several articles, from the Washington Post, and there are several from CNN, if you could be bothered to do some research. Is it accurate to say Obama is responsible for the decrease? I suppose so, but to say it was intentional, or smart planning on his part is ridiculous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bob-woodward-obamas-sequester-deal-changer/2013/02/22/c0b65b5e-7ce1-11e2-9a75-dab0201670da_story.html

As to Ebola and Africa, they have my sympathy, but I don't think simply throwing money at the problem is the solution. There are many wonderful people in Africa, but all the aid we have dumped in there over the decades, hasn't very successful. Fact is, with a few exceptions, it is Third World s***hole from top to bottom.

If it was a Republican president, you'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

However you wish to slice it, the fact is that since Obama has been in the Whitehouse, the deficit has been on the decline.

The last time this happened was under another Democratic president, who handed over a surplus to the Republicans, only to see them piss it all away.

Cracks me up that Republicans keep calling the Democrats the spending party yet it's the Republicans that always seem to run up the bills.

"Ignorance of US politics", yeah right, keep 'em coming.

rolleyes.gif

Added: Re: Ebola, it could easily be the US's problem, but I agree that simply throwing money at it not the solution. However, the US has been excellent in providing material support, which is equally vital.

Edited by Chicog

It is shenanigans such as this that have soured the American electorate over the past few years. Here he has requested $6 Billion to help on the ebola crisis and his administration has been hemorrhaging money for the past six years. To this administration $6 Billion is chump change.

At some point in time, people get fed up and say enough is enough. Hopefully that time started on 4 November 2014.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

"...the Congressional Budget Office projected in early 2009, that is, before the start of the Obama administration, that, because of the recession, the deficit that year would be $1.2 trillion."

See above.

"In summary, the Bush administration had no impact on the 2009 government expenditures."

Absolutely priceless.

cheesy.gif

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Probably the best summation:

President Bush cut taxes in 2001 and 2003. These tax cuts hit federal revenue, while federal spending growth continued apace. This combination ballooned the deficit in the early years of the Bush presidency.

By the middle years of the Bush presidency, however, on the strength of the housing boom and strong economic growth (much of which now looks like a debt-fueled mirage), federal revenues began to grow rapidly. By 2007, in fact, the gap had almost closed.

But then the bottom fell out. The housing bubble burst, the financial crisis hit, and the economy plunged into recession. And then President Bush handed President Obama the worst recession in more than 70 years and left Obama to clean up the mess.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/us-budget-deficit-2011-7#ixzz3L8kTcjAb