Bangkok Bank processing ACH transfer from USA

My US Bank (Chase) sent an ACH transfer to BB last night and it still hasn't processed to my account. Chase uses only four status message for ACH: FUNDED / IN PROCESS / SENT / COMPLETED. As I stated it was sent last night, indicating SENT yesterday around 10 PM Thai time. My previous experience has been that it processes within a couple of hours of opening for business. Anyone else experiencing delays?

Yea, give it 2 to 4 business days. A lot depends on how fast your Sending bank "really" sends the ACH transfer because ACH transfers are done in batch mode...and there are various batch modes the bank can use....once a day...4 times a day...and of course if you miss the cutoff time for the last batch transmission of the day then you wait overnight till the next day batch mode transmission(s). Chase's COMPLETED status may just mean it's "ready" to go out on the next batch transmission...but really hasn't left the bank yet. When I use to do ACH transfers using USAA Bank their ACH transfers (no fee) would usually arrive in 2 business days (once in 1 business day) but with Bank of America using their lowest fee ($3) ACH transfer it would take 3 to 4 business days. Also keep in mind you can not count weekends or holidays, in either country), as a business day.

• Like 1

I just completed a Chase ACH transfer last week. It took the normal 2.5 days to show completed at the Chase web site and that was when the money arrived in my BBL account here. Usually start the transfer on a Sunday night here and the money hits my BBL account on Wednesday late morning unless a holiday is in the process

Usually takes 48-72 hours for mine to post in my BKK Bank account.

USAA who, unlike Bank of America and some others, doesn't charge for an ACH transfer. And has no middleman (unlike B of A) to gum up the process. So, an ACH request submitted via your USAA Internet account, say 11:00PM Thai time, on a non holiday Monday, will arrive 34 hours later -- 9:00AM Wednesday Thai time. My experience for many years, without exception (but, have never submitted where a weekend or holiday would be involved). I'm sure many other US financial institutions have similar results. And, yes, there are others who take longer, and even charge for such a result. But, unless you're living hand to mouth, should be no problem adapting to the time gap, whatever it might be.....

• Like 1

Jim,

I don't know if BoA has a middleman bank or not, but my feeling is they have a 3 business day ACH option ($3 fee), a 1 business day ACH option ($10 fee), and same business day "wire" option ($25 fee) purely to generate fees/profit. And to mask this fee hunger they mask it with the various business days options like they have to make some real effort to get it sent out within X-business days. I think of the banks I'm with BoA is the only one that charges an ACH fee for a normal ACH transfer. Sometimes I wonder why I haven't cancelled my account with them and still have them as a secondary bank...guess I keep hoping they might find Jesus or something and lower their various fees...but I guess they have dated the Devil too long to change.

post-55970-0-69640200-1417701692_thumb.j

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1