Riding A Honda Wave 125

Ling Kae

Twenty years ago, in Indonesia, I drove a "bebek" Honda 100cc from Bandung (Java) to Bali.

Much more insane ride indeed...

50 years ago I rode from Hudson bay to Patagonia on a kiddies tricycle with a rubber band wound around the pedals to make it go. Backwards. In a rainstorm. With one wheel missing. And a broken leg. You young people today have got no sense of adventure at all. Why I well remember when me and "Snorty" Harrison pedaled up the north face of Everest because he thought he'd left his false teeth up there. How we laughed when we got to the top and we remembered he'd lent them to me at the Kathmandu Steak House after I ordered a particularly tough Yak mignon, they were in my mouth all the time. And another occasion... snore...

Edited by ballpoint

riding a honda wave is like having sex with a fat bird.

good to ride but you wouldnt want your mates to see ya. :D:D:D:D

:o

Go for it, why not?

Very enjoyable and see all the sites on the way.

2 things:

Ensure the bike is serviced & checked before the trip and strap a cushion onto the seat to avoid a sore bum and having to walk like John Wayne for the next 2 weeks.

riding a honda wave is like having sex with a fat bird.

good to ride but you wouldnt want your mates to see ya. :D:wai::D:D

:o

Go for it, why not?

Very enjoyable and see all the sites on the way.

2 things:

Ensure the bike is serviced & checked before the trip and strap a cushion onto the seat to avoid a sore bum and having to walk like John Wayne for the next 2 weeks.

Good post. But i think the op already did the trip. :P .

What a fun thread btw. Inspiration! Sounds so fun. The good old days with roadtrips. Just the man and his bike. Gotta love it!

Any nice pictures of the trip except for the wave-pic? Feel free to post them! :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm a biker. You will likely have a memorable trip. BUT what you say about the mini van being uncomfortable scares me. You can expect more than just soreness of the buttocks! This is gonna take all day and will be one exhausting ride. Your call, but since you love comfort, think twice.

I went from London to Paris on a Suzuki GS 125 in the late 1980s. About 250 miles, left at 2pm got there late in the evening. Stiff neck and sore behind, but doable. Took no waterproofs, so if it had rained, would not have been too pleasant. Big lorries overtaking can cause quite a slipstream too, something to be aware of.

Twenty years ago, in Indonesia, I drove a "bebek" Honda 100cc from Bandung (Java) to Bali.

Much more insane ride indeed...

50 years ago I rode from Hudson bay to Patagonia on a kiddies tricycle with a rubber band wound around the pedals to make it go. Backwards. In a rainstorm. With one wheel missing. And a broken leg. You young people today have got no sense of adventure at all. Why I well remember when me and "Snorty" Harrison pedaled up the north face of Everest because he thought he'd left his false teeth up there. How we laughed when we got to the top and we remembered he'd lent them to me at the Kathmandu Steak House after I ordered a particularly tough Yak mignon, they were in my mouth all the time. And another occasion... snore...

if you would have done that, you would not have posted that nonsense, because your mind would not be as small as it is, ballpoint.

so, for your personal development best thing to do is ride from Hudson bay to Patagonia on a kiddies tricycle with a rubber band wound around the pedals to make it go. Backwards. In a rainstorm. With one wheel missing. And a broken leg.

.... Suzuki GS 125 ......

i had almost similar dr 125 in 85-87¨s

not so bad or do

i remember so badly wrong ehh...,

13 hp but kept 100 kms /hr .

well, since new

had +30000 kms

by that and that¨s it.

i have heard people get

+100 000 kms by these

thaimopeds :o

not bad, if true.