Gold prospecting

Kiwoz

If you are that keen, go to the LEONORA area of Western Australia where both 'hobby' and full time prospectors are finding thousands of dollars worth.

My mate spends 4 months there every year camping out,and has been doing this for the last 30 years finding much more than he could earn in a steady job. Incidentially any gold found is tax free !

Been dredging & detecting Australia & NZ for over 35yrs

With all due respect you should be a billionaire by now or reconsider your employment options.

Why ? I know several part time prospectors who work for a few months then travel the world. They will never be millionaires, but they do have a bloody good lifestyle. Not everybody want to work like 'gophers' accumulate a lot of money and then "snuff it"

Wake up and smell the roses ATF ! I think that you are just being sarcastic or even jealous. I made a lot of money out of mining and cutting/polishing Opal but have successfully managed to spend it.

I would imagine using a metal detector is a good way to find gold on a beach. Not in its natural form, many people lose gold chains when swimming and I remember seeing folks doing that in Hua Hin many moons ago.

Rubbish ! There is still plenty of gold lying around both on and just beneath the surface, for metal detecting in Australia. It is a hobby for many with clubs doing camping trips to the gold fields. Two years ago i was in a small outback town pub when four young German backpackers arrived in an old VW Combie having accidentially found several thousand dollars worth of nuggets just digging a latrine. thumbsup.gif

That's not the case in North Queensland & New Guinea where many dredges operate

Dredges can be strictly controlled and banned in many parts of Australia, one mate of mine operates a portable one on the Palmer River in North Queensland, and does very nicely indeed !

Edited by oldsailor35

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Discovery channel is not real.

youve just burst my bubble,,,,

havnt felt this bad since i was told santa wasnt real

Chin up Jake, someone was lying to you..........................wink.png

• Like 1

I would imagine using a metal detector is a good way to find gold on a beach. Not in its natural form, many people lose gold chains when swimming and I remember seeing folks doing that in Hua Hin many moons ago.

Rubbish ! There is still plenty of gold lying around both on and just beneath the surface, for metal detecting in Australia. It is a hobby for many with clubs doing camping trips to the gold fields. Two years ago i was in a small outback town pub when four young German backpackers arrived in an old VW Combie having accidentially found several thousand dollars worth of nuggets just digging a latrine. thumbsup.gif

So then why is it "rubbish" that people lose gold chains on beaches?

Such a nice man!

Mining is some of the most difficult, back breaking work a man can do.

Most of us would not work that hard for a wage.

But many do it for no pay, but a dream of getting rich.

Some of the biggest thrills I have ever had were when I picked up a good sized chunk of gold from time to time.

But there are far more days you will find close to nothing or nothing.

I spent the better part of 12 years dredging rivers and creeks as well as operating open pit placer mines in ancient river channels in northern California.

I've done it for myself and done it for a salary.

It's a much bigger thrill to pick up those chunks when they are yours to keep or sell.

Not too thrilling doing it for a wage.

That's just another job.

Geologists claim there is more gold still in the ground than has been recovered in all of history.

What is yet to be recovered is much more difficult to get to and much more expensive to recover.

There is always luck.

" Even a blind hog finds an acorn sometimes! "

Keep looking! Keep dreaming!

Choke dee!

I hope it " pans out " for you!post-147745-0-49762000-1417857870_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii

Have you heard of ....."Pussy".... I mean when there was plane loads of us coming across here 30 years ago, that's all we were wanting to prospect,

Now it seems people are heading here for really the most strangest of things...................Just does my head in..........coffee1.gif

Soft head?

I've got a soft head...???

your the guy traveling half way round the world --to the delights of Asia.....to start a gold rush....

Just rearrange these words Kiwoz....Kettle, Pot, calling, Black, The.........coffee1.gif

I've just looked at your nom de plume again..your a Kiwi ....yes ?.........mate that explains so much, Sorry-- please carry on , just walk right past all the knock out ladies & get your wellie boots on ready for the dig......Kiwi's = just priceless people .....

Edited by sanuk711

OK sorry Kiwoz...Just jumped to that conclusion KIW--OZ thought a Kiwi that may have lived in Oz...... OK so then you have no excuse then Kiwoz... so do tell us all how many 1,000s of KLM are you traveling to stake this claim................coffee1.gif ........(& if you don't know what wellies are you have to be a septic,,,,,wow have I opened a box of trouble)