Military service ....

Malicious

Hello , i would love to get some informations about this topic .

First of all , i'm a 19 years old thai who has been living in an abroad country for 13 years and yet , i was born in thailand . Then , i'm listed in the tabien baan but my id card got expired

But actually , i planned to stay in Belgium for the rest of my life and i don't pretty intend to do the nation service once i'm 21 because i want to follow my studies here ..

Do you mind telling what will happen if i ignore this ( i know i'll be arrested but will they simply come at my "house" although i don't really live there ? )

If my id card got expired , will they know that i don't even exist since i've been living in Belgium ?

Thanks you for your answer

Best regards , T

Once you become 30 you can report to your Amphur and say sorry I forgot and pay a 300 baht fine.

Thanks a lot . but i don't really need to report right once i'm 30 and another question . I read that immigration and military do not communicate each other . And since my thai passport will be expired soon ( when i'll be 20-21 ) , should i use my belgian passport in the future ?

Go back to Belgium and cite 'studies' as reason you could not be considered for national service... I think it is one of the legit reasons the army allow for not being on the list. If you're already in Belgium, I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Other than that, if you are here and they come after you, there is always the option to dig deep... if you know what I mean. wink.png

As an aside, 13 years in Belgium... unless you're an avid beer drinker, you must be really bored by now?

Once you become 30 you can report to your Amphur and say sorry I forgot and pay a 300 baht fine.

Thanks a lot . but i don't really need to report right once i'm 30 and another question . I read that immigration and military do not communicate each other . And since my thai passport will be expired soon ( when i'll be 20-21 ) , should i use my belgian passport in the future ?

If you use your Belgian Passport to enter Thailand, which is fine ... you will need a Visa for your time in Thailand ... even though you are Thai.

That's my understanding ... but I'm not an expert ... maybe others know for a fact.

aye, the TV member who promoted to enter Thailand within the next ten years, using a belgian passport, might have got the problem nailed

Your question is a really difficult one to solve. If you are not proficient in Thai language, you may never find the answer in thai government websites, let alone in forums. Best is to call the relevant agency in Thailand . .. i.e. the recruitment office

post script :

if you are not able to retrieve telephone numbers by internet search, let me know. If I fail it is Ubon Joe's time

Edited by crazygreg44

renounce your Thai Citizenship, if you aren't coming back anyway, why bother having the passport? What you have with a Belgian passport is perfect anyway, no need to be dual citizen at this point for you

Edited by Smurkster

cost 30k for us to get the brother in law out of the draft lottery, they never asked him up again, Nobody bothered with another one who had been a pain in the ass, I think the family thought it would do him good. Went to see him last Sunday at the barracks near victory monument, some sort of family day, kings own bodyguard so a good posting. All the boys seemed to be OK and no reports of harshness or bullying, they do have to run 3k a day which is not far and training for a few weeks, so not as bad as he thought. Looking around at the visitors it was obvious none were hi so or rich, seems only the poor end up serving the country they all claim to love!

Edited by jacky54