Where to find planning for future highways/airports/zoning/etc.?

Awk

Referring to the recent post in the CM news forum regarding a new highway to Lampun possibly going through a residential area, where can one find information about such plans? I.e., before buying house/land, that's one of the things I'd like to check. Obviously things can change, but if already there are plans for a highway a stone throw away, then that is obviously a place one can cross of the list.

Edited by Awk

I have found over my 12 yrs living here that when you see the big concrete pillars going in, THEN you know where the roads and rail is going. Before that, it appears the only people SURE of the intended routes are rich connected people buying land along their known routes. Otherwise, it is helpful to those connected people that no one knows the exact routes until the concrete trucks arrive.thumbsup.gif

It appears that you will not find real route plans due to this factor. This is yet another example how rich Thai get more rich and exploit everyone else.sad.png

I can suggest a stable already-built-up mooban as some cushion against a big incursion of roads, but no sure thing even there.wai.gif

KhnonKhnom,

I believe you can find most of the information if you can read and understand the Thai language.

I'm not saying I can understand Thai, yet many plans are available even on the internet if the correct research is done.

That being said, I would tend to agree with buying and selling of land associated with things like this. The fly in ointment in this is the rising middle class in Thailand.

I have found over my 12 yrs living here that when you see the big concrete pillars going in, THEN you know where the roads and rail is going. Before that, it appears the only people SURE of the intended routes are rich connected people buying land along their known routes. Otherwise, it is helpful to those connected people that no one knows the exact routes until the concrete trucks arrive.thumbsup.gif

It appears that you will not find real route plans due to this factor. This is yet another example how rich Thai get more rich and exploit everyone else.sad.png

I can suggest a stable already-built-up mooban as some cushion against a big incursion of roads, but no sure thing even there.wai.gif

Yes well residents of Banwangtan Village at Hang Dong face the prospect of a super highway from CM to Lamphun right through the middle of the village.Plans have been drawn up and already one public meeting to protest against the plan has been held

The village is 20 + years old.

Its not logical to build the road on this route but since when has logic played any part of what happens here

So I'm guessing this would be constructed after the international movies studios to the East of Chiang Mai.....and before the high speed train bypass to Kumming......also promoted on CM108, CM news etc .

So far the only thing that is consistently reportedly correct has been Yabba seizures, traffic accidents, alms giving events, and beauty parades.

Map as it stands affects a lot more people than Ban Wang Tan.....so I imagine there will be more than a few up in arms if the proposal gains legs.

Either way to me linking to Lamphun on a good road is no bad thing...can see it opening up a lot more cheaper land for a start...also to me there seemed a lot more industry happening in the industrial parks down that way.

So I'm guessing this would be constructed after the international movies studios to the East of Chiang Mai.....and before the high speed train bypass to Kumming......also promoted on CM108, CM news etc .

So far the only thing that is consistently reportedly correct has been Yabba seizures, traffic accidents, alms giving events, and beauty parades.

Map as it stands affects a lot more people than Ban Wang Tan.....so I imagine there will be more than a few up in arms if the proposal gains legs.

Either way to me linking to Lamphun on a good road is no bad thing...can see it opening up a lot more cheaper land for a start...also to me there seemed a lot more industry happening in the industrial parks down that way.

Do you know where highway 11 goes? Lamphun and all points south.

And the new highway opened 3 weeks ago connecting to the canal road, bypassing Hang Dong, San Patong, and crossing the 108 on to, you guessed it, Lamphun.

That's apart from a couple of other routes.

I think a poster on the Chiangmai News forum got it right. The proposed 5th or 6th route from Chiangmai to Lamphun is simply a money making project for those who really don't need any more.

Hopefully it will get cancelled and all the land they have bought on the proposed route will be worth less than they paid for it.

• Like 2

I am aware of current routes to Lamphun. Most convenient for me is the 106 presently, The proposed route (and being 6 lanes) to me will be much better,

I can see the sense in having multiple routes between two cities so close so that when there is infill (for land opening up as I mentioned earlier) there will be less congestion on the current routes over time. I see this as a positive for Lamphun and for Chiang Mai as well, in opening up Lamphun more and perhaps slowing/reducing population pressures on Chiang Mai.

There is limited expansion capacity in Cm at present, this will open up a whole new corridor to Lamphun which has great potential to take some of the strain of Chiang Mai. Just my view.

I am aware of current routes to Lamphun. Most convenient for me is the 106 presently, The proposed route (and being 6 lanes) to me will be much better,

I can see the sense in having multiple routes between two cities so close so that when there is infill (for land opening up as I mentioned earlier) there will be less congestion on the current routes over time. I see this as a positive for Lamphun and for Chiang Mai as well, in opening up Lamphun more and perhaps slowing/reducing population pressures on Chiang Mai.

There is limited expansion capacity in Cm at present, this will open up a whole new corridor to Lamphun which has great potential to take some of the strain of Chiang Mai. Just my view.

Yep, the sooner they concrete the whole valley, the better w00t.gif

How about establishing green belt zoning around the city, stop this crazy uncontrolled development & encourage folk to buy second hand houses. Sorry, forgot I was in lala-land.....

• Like 1

Not talking about concrete valleys at all...just seemed good economic sense and gives some potential for Lamphun...unless you want to bulldoze Doi Suthep instead there are not a lot of ways to go with good infill capacity

As.for buying second hand homes could not agree with you more...but the Thai/Chinese like new as you know....and there are more that enough Europeans custom building given land and building costs compared to their home land, and they are not on 60 wah blocks.

The proposed plan goes through a fair wack of properties (not just Bang Wan Tan) so like I said there will be some happy with compensation and some not as already seems the case at CM108. Rather than fight the battle here I would have thought it would be better aligning with the many Thais that have expressed concern and tap into or compliment what they are doing. That is where the numbers, dollars, family links, and votes are.

Not talking about concrete valleys at all...just seemed good economic sense and gives some potential for Lamphun...unless you want to bulldoze Doi Suthep instead there are not a lot of ways to go with good infill capacity

As.for buying second hand homes could not agree with you more...but the Thai/Chinese like new as you know....and there are more that enough Europeans custom building given land and building costs compared to their home land, and they are not on 60 wah blocks.

The proposed plan goes through a fair wack of properties (not just Bang Wan Tan) so like I said there will be some happy with compensation and some not as already seems the case at CM108. Rather than fight the battle here I would have thought it would be better aligning with the many Thais that have expressed concern and tap into or compliment what they are doing. That is where the numbers, dollars, family links, and votes are.

If nothing new is available, SH is the only choice, take it or leave it. Building this new road & others like it will only destroy the valley as we know it used to know it.

• Like 1