Russian 'fights off' thieves with Muay Thai moves in Pattaya

webfact

Russian ‘Fights Off’ Thieves with Muay Thai Moves In Pattaya
By Khaosod English

14176878561417688098l.jpg
Locha Leehasov, 27, was hit over the head with a beer bottle by 3 men who reportedly stole his girlfriend's purse in Pattaya, 4 Dec 2014.

PATTAYA — A 27-year-old Russian man used Thai boxing moves to fight off a gang of robbers who attacked him and his girlfriend on a beach in Pattaya last night, police say.

Locha Leehasov, whose father owns a restaurant in the resort town, told police that three men attacked him and his girlfriend last night while they were on Wongamat Beach last night.

One of the men allegedly hit Leehasov over the with a beer bottle, leading him to hit back with Muay Thai boxing techniques he learned in Thailand, police say.

The three men then fled the scene with Leehasov’s girlfriend’s purse, police say.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1417687856

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-04

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian beaten-up by Cambodians on remote beach in North Pattaya

beach-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Thursday a Russian Restaurant owner was attacked by a group of Cambodians as he sat on rocks with his Russian Girlfriend at a beach in the Naklua area.

Police were called to the Womgamat Beach in at the end of Soi 20 off the Naklua Road, just before 3am and met with Mr. Lyosha Leehachov aged 27, the owner of a Restaurant close to Pattaya Park. He was with his girlfriend, Miss Catherine aged 21 at the time of the attack.

Mr. Leehachov described how he was sitting on the rock and relaxing with his partner when three men, later found to be Cambodian nationals, walked past and one of them decided to smash an empty beer bottle over the Russian’s head. A fight between the Russian and the three men ensued which ended with the Cambodians retreating. Before they left they took a bag belonging to the Russian which reportedly contained no valuable items.

Thanks to members of the public nearby, one of the men, Mr. Khern aged 18, was apprehended. He later told Police that the other two men were Mr. Wine and Mr. Nes, who are currently being sought by Police.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157831/russian-beaten-up-by-cambodians-on-remote-beach-in-north-pattaya/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-05

At least he had the foresight to ask them their nationality before he started fighting back.

Thailand.. your people really suck to continue this "blind" way of blaming others...

Didn`t you read the last sentence:

Thanks to members of the public nearby, one of the men, Mr. Khern aged 18, was apprehended. He later told Police that the other two men were Mr. Wine and Mr. Nes, who are currently being sought by Police.

beach-11.jpg

"Mr. Khern aged 18, was apprehended. He later told Police that the other two men were Mr. Wine and Mr. Nes, who are currently being sought by Police."

Lovely that suspects are so cooperative in Thailand. Down to their good hearts and the subtle questioning techniques of the police, no doubt.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Mr. Khern aged 18, was apprehended. He later told Police that the other two men were Mr. Wine and Mr. Nes, who are currently being sought by Police."

Lovely that suspects are so cooperative in Thailand. Down to their good hearts and the subtle questioning techniques of the police, no doubt.

Why not, they are not usually punished for the crime to the extend they should be, especially if they are Thais

Edited by givenall
  • Like 1

Straight out of the jungle.

At least he had the foresight to ask them their nationality before he started fighting back.

Thailand.. your people really suck to continue this "blind" way of blaming others...

beach-11.jpg

Lucky is wasn't Mr Smith and Mr Wesson at 3am!

• Like 2

The police arrested one of the attackers, a Cambodian, who confirmed who the other two were.

I would have loved to have seen the looks on the faces of the punks who ganged up on this guy. Have you noticed how few Thai kids are willing to fight alone? They are real brave with two to ten of their friends around. But, one on one? Rarely. I am sure they were quite surprised when this guy started kicking their asses. Good on him. Hope he got a good piece of them, and caused some real damage.

• Like 1

Congratulations!

This man obviously knows the difference between power and violence.

Learn techniques of violence, demonstrate you can and will use them if necessary, and then threaten to do so.

If your enemies believe you're sincere, that might frighten them and help them to f*** off - and then you have peace, without hurting anyone.

• Like 1

If they ARE Cambodians, they will feel the full weight of the law, if they were Thai.... cough cough.

How many Thais do we actually see face punishment for crimes against westerners?

I am not surprised that people don't trust that these Cambodians are the true culprits, seeing as we all know how much they scapegoat migrants. Something Thailand has brought upon itself.

I would have loved to have seen the looks on the faces of the punks who ganged up on this guy. Have you noticed how few Thai kids are willing to fight alone? They are real brave with two to ten of their friends around. But, one on one? Rarely. I am sure they were quite surprised when this guy started kicking their asses. Good on him. Hope he got a good piece of them, and caused some real damage.

They were not Thai, they were Cambodian, if they were Thai, there would have been at least six of them come to help the other three.

• Like 2

I do know the fields, even South Pattaya Beach at night.

It's safer there that in cities of Germany where I got robbed.

For hell's sake: it was safer, no Nazis there, so I didn't need to threaten anyone.

I was about to kill a German in summer when he permanently yelled "Heil Hitler"

And a man from Thai security saved his life by getting two Germans' bodies away from each other. I'd like to say "kob cun kap" to this Thai man - for saving my enemy's life, and for saving me from depression.

What are you on about

• Like 2

beach-11.jpg

" Saw the Russian coming tried to jump back in the alley....oh Babe....yeh yeh yeh....Babe"......"picked on the wrong one tonight"

Edited by DD13

They wanted the bag....took the bag and they left. I don't see that his Thai boxing expertise was of any great benefit? I hope his father has a work permit?

Did they only want the girl friend's bag? If it was an easy target perhaps they would have wanted the guys wallet, cell phones and anything else of value?

Plus no body became physical with his girlfriend, and he was not hurt further or killed.

Edited by NeilSA1

They wanted the bag....took the bag and they left. I don't see that his Thai boxing expertise was of any great benefit? I hope his father has a work permit?

Don't forget there were three. One can easily get the bag whilst the other two village idiots engaged the Russian. There was nothing of value in the bag so he would not worry, he was fighting to protect himself and his girlfriend.

I think they bit of a little more than they could chew, and the benefits, which you cannot see? He and his girlfriend walked away safely, the idiots retreated and one ended up being apprehended by a passer by and subsequently dobbed in the other two. Good on the Russian, should be more of it.

Why do you hope his father has a work permit? Not everyone coming to Thailand does so illegally or is engaged in illegal activities or does not posses a work permit, if they are working.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 1