Koh Tao - Witnesses 'scared to testify' over Brit tourist murders: Thai lawyer

webfact

I have one only question:

Who are the witnesses for defence afraid of?

If they are also illegal immigrants - why in the interests of Justice are they not offered protection?

Or are their fears going deeper, much deeper?

The naivety of your question boggles the mind.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Of course any real witnesses would not testify. "Nomsod the Terrible" would take care of them in a heartbeat. And he would do it for fun. Anytime you allow piglet, gangland families like his to establish, and wield the kind of power and wealth they have, it is a dangerous thing for the nation, and it puts them above the law. The laws of the land, the police, the army, and the ministries. They are above it all. Nobody will touch them. And they know it. So, how is it possible to hold a fair trial, when you cannot get a witness to testify? Sounds a bit like New York in the 1920's, and 30's. Nomsod is a wanna be Lucky Luciano, or Arnold Rothstein. The army made a historic mistake by not arresting him. They revealed alot about their intentions with that one single mistake.

Testify as to what?

I would guess it`s because many of the witnesses are staying illegally in Thailand, maybe working without permits and into a multitude of illegal activities, which is why they prefer to keep out of the limelight and have low profiles.

Also those who were not close or associated with the tragic victims will probably be reluctant to become involved as is mostly the case when serious crimes are committed. That means the police are really on their own as for providing evidence. From my experience of farangs here in Thailand and their anti social attitudes, perhaps because they are into activities they prefer to keep behind the scenes or simply just don`t care, it comes as no surprise that they will not come forward and become involved within this investigation.

No corruption involved, it is how I have described above.

Another farang who have joined the MTTT-club!!

Love your stereo-typing!!

All migrant workers are illegal and into "a multitude of illegal activities"

Farangs are antisocial, and "into activities they prefer to keep behind the scenes"

And the real gem in your post: cheesy.gif No corruption involved!!cheesy.gif

I know, your son is a Thai copper and maybe one of the good guys? But that shouldn't prevent you from seeing how rotten the RTP-organisation is.

As for your no corruption claim, try to do a little research on Pol Gen Somyot (your sons boss) and his unusual wealth!! Please report your findings back here.

MTTT=More Thai Than Thai

Of course any real witnesses would not testify. "Nomsod the Terrible" would take care of them in a heartbeat. And he would do it for fun. Anytime you allow piglet, gangland families like his to establish, and wield the kind of power and wealth they have, it is a dangerous thing for the nation, and it puts them above the law. The laws of the land, the police, the army, and the ministries. They are above it all. Nobody will touch them. And they know it. So, how is it possible to hold a fair trial, when you cannot get a witness to testify? Sounds a bit like New York in the 1920's, and 30's. Nomsod is a wanna be Lucky Luciano, or Arnold Rothstein. The army made a historic mistake by not arresting him. They revealed alot about their intentions with that one single mistake.

"Nomsod the Terrible" aka "Nomsod Ham Noi"whistling.gif

The issue which stands out the most for me is that they are afraid. Regardless of their guilt or innocence, I am wondering about the Myanmar community in Thailand and how they feel about this. I would presume that they are either afraid, or too ignorant/stupid to be anything else.

The Myanmar migrants need to have a voice. They need to develop tactical measures to insure that it is the guilty who get "caught" and not the innocent. They need to use the buddy system any time they go out. They need to have some kind of social network where they can exchange information for the world to see.

Things like this will continue to happen. I am simply shocked that the Myanmar people here in this country are still not reacting intelligently, and moreover letting yet themselves yet again be the stooges of their masters.

Thailand is the rain. You can't stop the rain from falling, but you can fashion an umbrella to stand under when it does begin to fall.

And where is the Scotland Yard report on this investigation ?

It has been very quiet in its findings ??

If Scotland Yard have any evidence which throws doubt on the Thai ivestigation, they would do well to release that evidence now. There is always the chance they have passed their findings to the RTP, which gave them the reason to claim the case was solid. I have my own doubts on that but if Scotland Yard has found any doubtful evidence then it will not look good for Thailand internationally. Time will tell.

only chance they have if innocent is serious action from UK police/government if they have any consummate evidence to blow it wide open beyond doubt & beyond cover-ups & lies !!

I would like a report from UK regardless of what it supports as it the only way any faith can be bought to this perfect mess ...

Only good thing is Thailand will loose Billions of baht from all the corruption & stupidity that been brought to peoples attention through media, tourists are dwindling, business investors are more cautious & many moving.

Firm I work with are closing shop this year & moving offices to Singapore, quite simply don't want the inconsistent hassle of Thainess any longer. Constant protest/coups that are a farce for the elite factions, mixed with awful policing, messy immigration & incompetent banking have made the decision easy. A quote from my CEO "only 2 things we will miss is 7/11 & our dental clinic" .

Agreed and the most cancerous corruption that exists in Thailand goes unreported even by Thaivisa. Thousands of foreigners have been disadvantaged by the Thai legal system and there is a total media blackout. I would ask anybody who has or knows of anybody who has been sucked in and blown out in bubbles to pm me with details.

Testify as to what?

How about:

1. Rumored altercation in the bar (goes to motive)

2. Sudden disappearance of prominent local (s)

3. Owner of "Little Duck" or any other means of transport from the area on the night in question

4. Modifications to cctv footage

5. Absence or presence of person of interest in BKK

6. Anyone who heard culprit/s bragging - not uncommon

I could go on but those who have been following this know the list

only chance they have if innocent is serious action from UK police/government if they have any consummate evidence to blow it wide open beyond doubt & beyond cover-ups & lies !!

I would like a report from UK regardless of what it supports as it the only way any faith can be bought to this perfect mess ...

Only good thing is Thailand will loose Billions of baht from all the corruption & stupidity that been brought to peoples attention through media, tourists are dwindling, business investors are more cautious & many moving.

Firm I work with are closing shop this year & moving offices to Singapore, quite simply don't want the inconsistent hassle of Thainess any longer. Constant protest/coups that are a farce for the elite factions, mixed with awful policing, messy immigration & incompetent banking have made the decision easy. A quote from my CEO "only 2 things we will miss is 7/11 & our dental clinic" .

If tourism died Thailand would stand to lose a couple of trillion bath a year ... that's sweet FA compared to it's expat community and foreign business community. I actually left Thailand shortly after this farce took hold as I could no longer support a regime that engages in such human rights atrocities.

I've said this before ... it's time the expat community walked out en-mass and showed the Thais that enough is enough. Such would either force the Thai authorities to change - and I mean change right across the board including law and order and their stupid immigration laws. Either that or they can stick to their Thainess and watch their country decline into the abyss of financial collapse.

I for one will refuse to enter Thailand again until measurable changes are made.

The Thais, contrary to belief, do NOT hold the power - the people do ... time for the expat community to show some balls and walk ... maybe change could be effected to benefit everyone .. including the Thai people.

And where is the Scotland Yard report on this investigation ?

It has been very quiet in its findings ??

Is it not due sometime this month?

For god's sake, how many times does this question have to be asked and answered? If you're going to contribute to this discussion the least you can do is pay attention!

I would guess it`s because many of the witnesses are staying illegally in Thailand, maybe working without permits and into a multitude of illegal activities, which is why they prefer to keep out of the limelight and have low profiles.

Also those who were not close or associated with the tragic victims will probably be reluctant to become involved as is mostly the case when serious crimes are committed. That means the police are really on their own as for providing evidence. From my experience of farangs here in Thailand and their anti social attitudes, perhaps because they are into activities they prefer to keep behind the scenes or simply just don`t care, it comes as no surprise that they will not come forward and become involved within this investigation.

Is that a blanket overview about farangs in Thailand,based on that you are whiter than white.Are there any other farangs in Thailand with your background or are you the only one.If you are the only whiter than white farang here then it is time for me to go home.I can't meet the requirements to be living in Utopia.

"Nomsod the Terrible" aka "Nomsod Ham Noi"whistling.gif

Nomsod Ham Lek. Lek lek, lek.

Is that a blanket overview about farangs in Thailand,based on that you are whiter than white.Are there any other farangs in Thailand with your background or are you the only one.If you are the only whiter than white farang here then it is time for me to go home.I can't meet the requirements to be living in Utopia.

There is little reason to even reply to a statement like the one Beetlejuice made. It is so devoid of wisdom, intelligence, experience, and open mindedness, that it is really impossible to address.

<deleted> this, time for the British to make a stand

Publish that report in the morning and destroy these evil bastards.

And as for certain people on Koh Tao...Live by the sword....die by the sword

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder if this case will take a turn for the good if "something is to happen" to the real culprit on Koh Tao ?

" Yeah &lt;deleted&gt;%k this, no need to husha dee hush about it or approach this fact with care as the whole world knows what is going on here and these bastards should still be exposed and all their business interest boy coted against - their wealth and income should be crippled permanently "

Obviously the flow of money will be stopped as there will really be no more reason to keep the "sniffer dogs" off the trail of the guilty should something happen to the poor bastard " suicide or unexplainable death "

Just a thought... as a realists. whistling.gif

Beetlejuice post # 54

Absolutely tragically hilarious post from someone who is plainly not in contact with the real world or what passes for it here in Thailand.

This super sleuth Sherlock Bones has it seems solved the case on his or her own, dismissed all or any possible defense witnesses as ''illegals and the B2 are judged guilty without a shred of evidence being offered on their behalf.Indeed Judge Jefferies still it seems is alive sad to say

Coming from a farang who it seems regards all other farangs as suspect on the orders of his spouse which the he admits to it is indeed a tragic statement on the posters attitude to other foreigners here irrespective of nationality or skin colour and no doubt religious beliefs.

Now when is character who posted his hyperbole of diatribe going to organise the lynching party one might ask and also where and finally why?

From my experience of farangs here in Thailand and their anti social attitudes, perhaps because they are into activities they prefer to keep behind the scenes or simply just don`t care, it comes as no surprise that they will not come forward and become involved within this investigation.

The quoted comment in the post is indeed proof that the understanding of the system and the way thing work here is not perceived in the ivory tower or fools paradise from where this poster posted from concerning this matter.

Edited by siampolee

The way it happens in Britain is that there is an official inquiry. This has been scheduled for January.

The police NEVER release their findings to the public until they walk into that inquiry.

Trust me, the media will be all assembled there waiting to hear what the British police have to say. This is still quite high profile in the UK.

The two Burmese will have the choise to plead guilty and get off will a long prison sentence with a chance of a pardon, or not guilty and be assured of the death penalty. That is what they will be told sure enough.

The results of the enquiry and as I suspect the following media storm over in the UK when they understand that two innocent people will probably die to save the skin of a rich Thai will provoke a real hornets nest of public opinion.

Extreme pressure will be heaped onto a prime minister who is fighting for his political life in the run up to a general election, and who has already got many problems on his plate regarding public opinion of him.

The story has far from ended, and the Thai government could find themselves in a very messy political situation. Not only because of Britain, but Mayanmar. This case is just as much in the people's minds over there than it is in the UK. Mayanmar is in a much better position to do Thailand harm. There is also a general election coming up there next year also.

The British public and media will make an almighty stink out of this if it is clear that two more innocents are going to lose their lives because of Thai corruption and cover up.

So let's see what the results from the inquiry are.

This is anything but over.

The Brits never did anything about the Kirsty Jones murder. So i do not expect any change in policy.

Fair comment - but then that's true for the US, Germany, Sweden, Aussie etc etc.

None of the 'suicides" of 'accidents" really get investigated. Even the obvious murders don't get solved or seem to fizzle out before a verdict and sentencing.

What happened to the sword wielding taxi driver who killed the American, the band who killed the American, and why has the story about the death of Sam Austin disappeared from the media?

If you live here, and something happens to you, and you ain't a Thai national, don't expect the police or your own countries authorities to take any real action to find and convict those guilty. Better to make sure you don't become a victim.

There is little reason to even reply to a statement like the one Beetlejuice made. It is so devoid of wisdom, intelligence, experience, and open mindedness, that it is really impossible to address.

I know,but it gives him or her or whatever gender it belongs to a reason to get up in the morning.I quite enjoy it's of the planet posts.

The way it happens in Britain is that there is an official inquiry. This has been scheduled for January.

The police NEVER release their findings to the public until they walk into that inquiry.

Trust me, the media will be all assembled there waiting to hear what the British police have to say. This is still quite high profile in the UK.

The two Burmese will have the choise to plead guilty and get off will a long prison sentence with a chance of a pardon, or not guilty and be assured of the death penalty. That is what they will be told sure enough.

The results of the enquiry and as I suspect the following media storm over in the UK when they understand that two innocent people will probably die to save the skin of a rich Thai will provoke a real hornets nest of public opinion.

Extreme pressure will be heaped onto a prime minister who is fighting for his political life in the run up to a general election, and who has already got many problems on his plate regarding public opinion of him.

The story has far from ended, and the Thai government could find themselves in a very messy political situation. Not only because of Britain, but Mayanmar. This case is just as much in the people's minds over there than it is in the UK. Mayanmar is in a much better position to do Thailand harm. There is also a general election coming up there next year also.

The British public and media will make an almighty stink out of this if it is clear that two more innocents are going to lose their lives because of Thai corruption and cover up.

So let's see what the results from the inquiry are.

This is anything but over.

+1

I hope David Cameron realises how little Thailand's government cares about what he has to say or his crime investigators.

I hope he realizes how little the British people despise him and his Etonian buddies in power. Why should he care what developing country like Thailand has to say - he can't benefit financially from them can he? Maybe he is getting paid of by the powers in charge.

I hope David Cameron realises how little Thailand's government cares about what he has to say or his crime investigators.

David who??coffee1.gif

Cameron, you know the guy whose government steals from state OAPs living in Thailand, and other countries.

Nothing new about wirtneses being scared to testify - remember Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm - 22 eye witnesses to the murder refused to testify. What happens to these mafia bosses ? They get put into high government positions. Duangchalerm was even in the government briefly.

Thai people accept this, why can't the foreigners accept it - the real murderers will not be caught, they will probably become government officials.

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder if this case will take a turn for the good if "something is to happen" to the real culprit on Koh Tao ?

" Yeah <deleted>%k this, no need to husha dee hush about it or approach this fact with care as the whole world knows what is going on here and these bastards should still be exposed and all their business interest boy coted against - their wealth and income should be crippled permanently "

Obviously the flow of money will be stopped as there will really be no more reason to keep the "sniffer dogs" off the trail of the guilty should something happen to the poor bastard " suicide or unexplainable death "

Just a thought... as a realists. whistling.gif

Just as I expected the calls for vigilante "justice" wouldn't take too long.

Nothing new about wirtneses being scared to testify - remember Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm - 22 eye witnesses to the murder refused to testify. What happens to these mafia bosses ? They get put into high government positions. Duangchalerm was even in the government briefly.

Thai people accept this, why can't the foreigners accept it - the real murderers will not be caught, they will probably become government officials.

Kamnan Poh and family comes to mind........whistling.gif

Testify as to what?

How about:

1. Rumored altercation in the bar (goes to motive)

2. Sudden disappearance of prominent local (s)

3. Owner of "Little Duck" or any other means of transport from the area on the night in question

4. Modifications to cctv footage

5. Absence or presence of person of interest in BKK

6. Anyone who heard culprit/s bragging - not uncommon

I could go on but those who have been following this know the list

Or someone who was on the beach that night and saw the whole thing. Sure there may be persons who have first-hand knowledge of all those things if those things actually happened but so far there has been no indication that those things are anything but rumors to which it would be hard to have first hand evidence.

The evidence that could break this thing in the direction of the 2 Burmese is evidence that hasn't been run countless times around the block or known heretofore that someone knows first-hand but with such evidence has yet to come forward.

Edited by JLCrab

Beetlejuice post # 54

Absolutely tragically hilarious post from someone who is plainly not in contact with the real world or what passes for it here in Thailand.

This super sleuth Sherlock Bones has it seems solved the case on his or her own, dismissed all or any possible defense witnesses as ''illegals and the B2 are judged guilty without a shred of evidence being offered on their behalf.Indeed Judge Jefferies still it seems is alive sad to say

Coming from a farang who it seems regards all other farangs as suspect on the orders of his spouse which the he admits to it is indeed a tragic statement on the posters attitude to other foreigners here irrespective of nationality or skin colour and no doubt religious beliefs.

Now when is character who posted his hyperbole of diatribe going to organise the lynching party one might ask and also where and finally why?

From my experience of farangs here in Thailand and their anti social attitudes, perhaps because they are into activities they prefer to keep behind the scenes or simply just don`t care, it comes as no surprise that they will not come forward and become involved within this investigation.

The quoted comment in the post is indeed proof that the understanding of the system and the way thing work here is not perceived in the ivory tower or fools paradise from where this poster posted from concerning this matter.

I bow to your superior command of the English language in responding to this post.Unfortunately I was only gifted with the same basic education level as Beetlejuice.So thus I have to leave it to my intellectual superiors to degrade such a peon who is inclined ( not sloped ),to post on here